The Greer Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awesome Environment
SRFF Grinder (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company, and the people was so respectful towards you. If you needed anything or needed time off they would work with you. If I could I would love to work for this company again.
Pros
The People
Cons
N/a
Felt like home
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Enjoyed working here! Felt like home. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Would recommend working here to anyone! Would work here again if i could. Miss working here!
People dont stay long...stay understaffed
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Really need to focus on how to keep people instead of making people try to apply full time. Being full time with benefits means nothing when you get muled on job everyday due to not bringing in new. New people don't last long..poor work ethic and 1st shift does absolutely nothing...second shift gets muled and bombarded with work and late orders and will burn you out constantly breaking back night after night.
Pros
Cafeteria, 8 hr shift
Cons
Crack the whip over employess when understaffed n need more manpower
Great Temp agency
Onboarding Coordinator- ABB (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
Many opportunities to learn. Very challenging, must catch on to fast paced environment and learn new systems quickly. Be willing to learn and have passion for what you are doing.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Contract
Low pay and not enough management support
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 16, 2017
I believe the pay is low for the work that I do at The Greer Group. They don't offer any benefits and there are no paid holidays. I have been temping for 7 months and no offer to go permanent. I keep the office clean, make confirmation calls, make appointments, run monthly reports, receive and process payments, set up financing for clients, order office supplies and supplies for the lab, set up file folders for new clients, set up folders for clients in satellite office, keep files secure and confidential.
An exciting place to work.
Admin Assistant at Curtis Media Group (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2017
I was the admin assistant to the CEO, at Curtis Media, which was a very interesting position. I was in charge of setting up meetings and ordering lunches. There were materials to copy & assemble and even scan and send to out of town offices. I also assisted the HR director with recording vacation and sick time.
Pros
Meeting important people.
Cons
Had many last minute materials to assemble.
Machine Operator
Automobile Assembly Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2017
The Greer Group was a temp agency that employed at manufacturing places. I loved the job. Weekly pay and overtime available all the time. Didn't like the way they laid people off
Pros
30 Min break then 2 10 Min. breaks, Pay
Cons
N/a
productive
Miscellaneous Temporary Employment Services (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2017
The greer group was a nice company and the employees were nice and helpful. I worked for them for a few months. They were good listeners who tried to line up the employees with employers.
Pros
temporary
Cons
temporary
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCJuly 10, 2017
The Greer Group places you at positions where you actually fit in. They reward you when they are given reviews about your work. Was sent to three different places and enjoyed each of them.
Pros
Great Place to wok
Cons
Can't Think of Any
Packing
Packer (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 6, 2017
It was a good experience but very short lived due to managment hiring to many people and had to let almost everyone they hired go. They said it was a layoff but none of us heard back.
Great people to work with
MVC wire machinist (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJune 13, 2017
I love working with people here , always look forward into going to work every day knowing my duties every day . Never have had a bad experience here since I have been there .
Pros
lunch room very expensive...
Cons
insurance is high
excellent
Manufacturing Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2017
it went very well. easy to direct and understand and comprehend. Very easy to navigate around and get goals accomplished.
Don't have alot of contracts
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2016
This company is ok but they dont understand if you're uncomfortable with a job that you have to leave they will not work with you anymore.
Good Staffing
Team Leader Packing Department (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 18, 2016
If you are looking for a job, this is a good place to start. The administration are nice and they have good positions in different companies.
Great Manufacturing Experience
Electric Meter Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2015
It was a friendly environment and great place to learn about manufacturing. The speed process and timely manner and good sense of accomplishment.
Typical Day
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCJuly 15, 2015
Main assignment was to work for Eaton Corporation as a Customer Service Analyst and work on the various duties as assigned. These assignments lead to full time employment with Eaton.
great company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2015
Working for Greer group was easy and very helpful dealing with time schedules. i was able to learn my job with no problems at all
good company
machine operator (Former Employee) –  raleigh ncMay 20, 2015
long hours and not enough pay for the job that u have to do working around many different people switching from one work area to another throughout the night
Typical Temp Agency
Temp (Current Employee) –  Eaton Corporation in Roxboro, NCMarch 14, 2015
The management is somewhat attentive to the employees needs, but should work harder at keeping their employees employed.
Pros
Cons
Some contracts are limited.
Worked as a contract employee filling in for companys that were in need of extra employees
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Cary NCDecember 4, 2014
I would fill in for company's that were looking for extra staff but could not hire them full time . I would go to the place of business assigned and work my hours and time at this such place . I learned that if you do not have consistent work lined up for you then a person is without work for periods of time . The management at where I worked were very kind as the extra staff . Co-workers were dutiful to their jobs and willing to help where needed . The hardest part was finding the places they wanted you to go Most enjoyable was seeing the company's they assigned you to and getting a chance to be a part of their world for a time .
Pros
Working at SAS
Cons
Job ended to soon for me .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Greer Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.