The Guild for Human Services Employee Reviews

Welcome to the jungle!
Residential department (Former Employee) –  SgsysywjshJuly 12, 2019
Its an ok job but do not stay long. The residential department gets the bad end of the stick.There is no diversity in the higher paying jobs. The workload makes it impossible to do well. I feel the way the company does things sets people up for failure! The associate director of the res. department is an incompetent clown! Its an insult that he can be someone's supervisor. Just to save money the company would rather have the houses understaffed just so they can pay less people. Crooked from the top!
Great staff
Teachers Assistance (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMarch 31, 2019
The staff you meet are really dedicated and a great to be around. Do not get the credit they deserve. It is also a year round school so you do not get summers off.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No breaks
It's a good place to work
1:1 TA (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMarch 3, 2019
It is a good place to work, they do provide support to staff. They are very understanding, but if it's your first time working with kids with mental and behavioral disabilities, IT IS going to be overwhelming for you.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Unexceptional job satisfaction
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 21, 2019
I feel as if The Guild does not take care of employees or individual clients or students. The management does not find ways to enhance quality of living, shifts are difficult and stressful. New CEO and CFO take care of the top, that’s it!! Parents and referral sources are continuing to lose trust.
Disappointments
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, MADecember 28, 2018
As part of my job, I interact with many levels of management and the common denominator is, a concerted effort to make sure they all get paid. After seeing the top ten earners at the Guild, which is public information because Guild is a non profit organization. At times I wonder what the true mission is?
Pros
Make tons of money as higher up admin
Cons
Free lunch is gross
Better and Better moving forward
Residential Services - ARM (Current Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 26, 2018
As part of my job, I interact with many levels of management and the common denominator is, caring and committed people. That is the reason to join this field, but I am happy to say that peers and management care about each other as well as the mission.There is a concerted effort to create satisfaction among employees from leadership searching out increased benefits and pay, including compensation for education, across the board pay raises for residential assistants back in June and now a salary increase for residential managers. Keep it up Guild!
Pros
Managements commitment to children as well as employees.
Cons
More communication avenues between off site and HQ.
former employee
former employee (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 8, 2018
This is not a fantastic company! I would not recommend working here to anybody. I don't think they are flexible, and they don't have a great core of management.
Rewarding
Assistant Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAOctober 4, 2018
It is always a pleasure to work with the individuals and learn more about different diagnoses. It is very difficult to work in a job where you don't receive support from upper management.
Pros
the individuals
Cons
lack of support by upper management
October 9, 2018

We are glad you are enjoying your work and learning. Thank you for the constructive feedback as well, it is very helpful. We hope that you are comfortable enough to address your manager to discuss any supports needed, and if not, your assistant director, director, and up, are all hear to listen.

On you're toes 24/7
Residential Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 16, 2018
Parents and referral sources turn to The Guild when they have a child with intellectual disabilities, with or without autism and with behavioral/mental health challenges. The faculty and staff who work at The Guild’s day and residential special education school and The Guild’s adult residential services are guided by our core values of integrity, collaboration, excellence, diversity, and respect
I’m job hunting now
Day staff (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 31, 2018
It is not a very nice job and the pay is not good too. They do not follow every aspect of DDS and dont make sure that the individuals are well taken care of.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Staff Snapchat the kids
August 29, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear that you may have given up on The Guild before your concerns could be addressed. We take our position as advocates very seriously and want to ensure that each and every employee entrusted to this position knows and performs their job capably. This is the reason we have levels of management that can address issues. It is our hope that you did indeed present any concerns to your immediate supervisor and if no immediate steps or remedies occurred then keep going up the chain until it is resolved. Doors are open and we need to know. Thank you and good luck.

Employee (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 26, 2018
This is a fantastic company! I would recommend working here to anybody interested. I am glad that they are flexible, and also a great core of management.
August 29, 2018

So happy to hear your satisfied with your (very important) job! What we do is not always easy, but is definitely worth the efforts! Thanks for being on our Winning Team!!

Most enjoyable part of the job
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 19, 2018
It is a very nice job and the pay is good too. They follow every aspect of DDS and always make sure that the individuals we serve are well taken care of. In addition, stafff too are professional
August 29, 2018

Thank you for the Kudos!! Each and every one is a part of our success, including you!!

great
RESIDENTIAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 19, 2018
great place to work. company works as a team. flexible. great place for advancement. you learn a lot working for the company. they treat staff well. all individuals are great
Some positive changes still NOT good
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 1, 2018
There has been some positive changes with the new CEO but these changes have ONLY taken place within the school. Poor conditions in the homes make it tough for the non verbal clients who cannot advocate for themselves. Residential staff are neglected and it's a hard job. One word to describe residential staff is unappreciated. Chief residential runs the department based on fear and power. Best part of the job is helping the kids and seeing the smiles on their faces!
Pros
Some positive changes
Cons
Toxic culture in residential department
Great Team Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 22, 2018
New CEO has sincere desire and fortitude to nurture abd grow The Guild for students, clients, families, and employees. The future looks bright! I would recommend joining the team.
Pros
New management
Cons
Getting started
Exceptional Job Satisfaction
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 7, 2018
I feel as if The Guild takes care of employees as well as individual clients and students. The management finds ways to enhance quality of living through; time off benefits-beyond anything I have ever had, gym membership, free lunch, and more. New CEO and CFO really care about top, and all the way down!!
Pros
Care
Cons
Slow start
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 15, 2018
It’s a nice place to work. Everyone is nice willing to help out and the kids you will find taking care of them as your own. The place is very good & a lot more change to come to help the school get better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
401K we need
Improving
ARM (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 24, 2018
The new CEO and the.deoarture of CEO, and rd other leaders has made a positive shift in culture. She has made positive chdnge so far and reduced favoritism of day staff.
Kids are the best part But not the place to start career
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 6, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend Guild as a place to start career especially if a college student or recent graduate. Management doesn’t truly care and accepts constant turnover as a given so they don’t put any effort into improving conditions for staff. Long days, high stress, little pay, little to no support.
Pros
Children who are awesome!
Cons
Toxic culture
June 28, 2018

Hello and we appreciate your honest feedback. It can only help with the care of the children. High stress jobs like direct care can cause burnout and turnover, so management hired me to work very hard to recruit awesome employees to join the team. This will help to alleviate some of the conditions for you all. That is our goal!! Thanks for listening. Peggy

Nice place to start
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJanuary 17, 2018
A good place to work at while you're in school or trying to find a job in human services. Office politics gets annoying, parents are also annoying. Room to move up in the company if you're a hard worker and excel.
Pros
Free lunch, nice co workers and the individuals are entertaining
Cons
Some managers can be a pain and office politics may hinder you from moving up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guild for Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Guild for Human Services Reviews by Location