The Gulf Coast Center Employee Reviews

Horrible HR and management
Rehabilitation Case Manager - QMHP (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Within the first week of orientation I knew something wasn’t right. The whole focus of this program is productivity and money, not where it should be, on quality of care. HR and administration is all over the place with infinite amounts of training. My supervisor lacks communication skills and time management. Due to low staffing at the Angleton office, she jammed up my trainings as to get me in the job. I was expected to do thirty or so online trainings, 15+ in person trainings, and ridiculous meetings that took up more time than necessary. I knew this wouldn’t change as time went on because old staff complained about the trainings they were being forced to fit in.
Pros
Paid vacation and weather issues
Cons
Lack of organization on all counts.
Great place to help others
Administrative/Direct Care (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 23, 2017
Provide ILS services to IDD/MHMR and consumers in need of respite. Schedule services and contact families to inform them of services being given. Transport consumers to and from locations of their choice. I make calls weekly to nursing facilities to make sure consumers are up to going out into the community. I also work very closely with Service Coordinators and inform them of any information on the consumers. I also learned that every individual is different and how to communicate with consumers better. The hardest part of the day is having to tell the consumer their time is up and it is time to return to their residence. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with Consumers and knowing you are helping them with living skills.
Pros
Working closely with Consumers and helping others
Cons
Always on the Road
It's okay
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 18, 2017
I liked all my coworkers. They provide a lot of personal leave. Our manager was good at encouraging teamwork. It was a very relaxed and professional atmosphere.
I stay busy
Mental Health Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 15, 2017
There's always something to do. I transport clients and work in medical records. I get along well with all my coworkers and its enjoyable. Problems are taking care of right away when one should rise up.
Very rewarding place to work
Reimbursement Coordinator (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowing you were making a difference in the lives of people who desperately needed help. The job could be stressful at times but I had great co-workers and that make the day less stressful. GCC has great management.
Always busy
Mental Health Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 19, 2017
I stay busy always something to do or be done around. I learned alot of medical record stuff about sending off records and how to maintain charts. Most of the other coworkers are great and easy to get along with at anytime and every helpful.
Career builder
QMHP/ Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 8, 2017
The Gulf Coast Center is a good place to start off a career and learn. Placed in the right program supervisor and tenured employees are willing to assist and guide an individual in the appropriate direction.
Low Morale
Diversion Coordinator (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 18, 2017
I used to love coming to working until all of the recent changes. The morale is certainly low and doesn't seem to be getting any better. NOT healthy!!!
I love it
LCDC (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 21, 2017
I love it here. Clinicians have a voice and their opinions matter. Supervisors actively listen. The CEO is staff and client focused. We provide so many services for the community. I've worked for a lot of different agencies. Best one hand down!
Pros
Schedule, Management, Autonomy
Cons
Few
Productive and challenging Work Environment
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Galveston County, TXJanuary 8, 2013
A typical day includes telephone and in person contact with clients on a caseload of 45 to 50 people. Work with the Developmentally disabled population. Provide service coordination and monitoring of services to clients in a State funded waiver program. Coworkers are pleasent to work with and are team minded. Most challenging part of this job is coordinating schedules of clients and Case workers for meetings. The most njoyable part of the job is the knowledge that the time and work I have invested in my vlients directly improves the quality of their lives.
great first job out of college
Rehabilitation Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 1, 2012
As far as social work jobs go this is a great place to start. Pay is lacking because its mostly goverment funded. GCC does a good job of rewarding employees in other ways. Leadership has an open door policy and makes everyone on the team feel important.

This is a great place to learn all things mental health and substance abuse and was a fun place to start in the field.
Pros
free lunches, great coworkers, family feel
Cons
low pay, challenging client population