The Habitat Company Employee Reviews

I love it here
Administrative Assistant/Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
The Habitat Company is a great company to work for. They send you to classes to get the proper training. Have chances for growth and learning. Its competitive but you learn along the way.
Good Company to Learn From
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2018
Habitat overall was a good company to work for, I learned a lot about property management from this company. The only cons I have is they did not pay enough and they do not promote within. They also have an excellent benefit package.
Benefits
Cons
Don't pay you what your are worth
Stressful but rewarding
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2018
Initially I thought The Habitat Company was a great company to work for. The President of the company even emails you on the anniversary of your hire date with kind words. I have met the President and CEO at company events and both of them seem to be exceptional guys. They do promote from within if you work hard and upper management is aware of your efforts. Property Management is a fast pace industry and you will deal with people from all walks of life. The Habitat Company prides itself on providing exceptional customer service.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay is below average for industry
na
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60612February 26, 2018
Overall it was a great place to work and I would recommend the Habitat Company to anyone who is looking for some good experience in customer service and or management.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Well Established Property Management Company
Executive Assistant to Senior V.P (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Very Professional Atmosphere
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Great Employees and Managers
Interesting and challenging work involving both on-site and off-site communication.
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Small Lunchroom
Wroking with a crew for 17 plus years is great, its like 2nd family
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
The culture of the office was excellent. I manage 7 employees for 17 plus years. This was a challenge for 20 plus years.The hardest part of the job was the community- ( drug infested ) The property is a SRO, and the most enjoyable part of the job, was giving homeless individuals a place to call home.
Great Company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2017
Great Company, exhausting work hours, very supportive team and great culture. Have to work even on vacation. Good support when it comes to career building.
Stressful, not a team player environment, upper management doesn't have a clue
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
A typical work day consist of stress, complaints and a bullish Regional Manager. The Manager is accusatory and does not have a listening ear as in "I'm always right and you're wrong," mentality. Things are placed on the Community Managers at the last minute with an attitude of, "I don't care just get it done and submitted by the time requested." Moral of the company is very low, pay isn't all that great and the bonuses are worst. They have a lack of concern for their residents and employees.
Condominium management
Property Manager/Supervisor/Transition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
I met so many hard working individuals at this company. I followed a former supervisor and learned very much. The condominium dept was new to the company.
Pros
Office staff
Cons
fast paced
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 25, 2017
Relaxed work place attitude. Had a lot of flexibility and did not ever feel micromanaged. Good benefits and ok pay. They made it easy to get things done for our customers and maintain a good work life balance.
no free lunch
Recertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2017
The woman managers at the location I work have unrealistic goals, very demanding. The files here that need correction or to reviewd date back to 2015.
Cons
working saturday with no overtime pay and we are hourly waged
Director of Real Estate Marketing
Director of Marketing and Agent Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
Maintained day of work; managed by the top real estate agent manager; developed advertisements; redesigned the marketing of the firm; agents knowledgeable
Pros
Director; daily creative
Cons
Short breaks; requirements of agents; weekly advertisements; company image; left for school
Scattered Sites
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work requires you to come out of your pockets paying for a material and gas everyday without reimbursement. Management has no clue what's going on as far as plumbing goes, the shop has no adequate materials to finish jobs and plumbing tools aren't available. The workplace culture is VERY stressful, management is VERY BRUTAL and the residences that you are to work in aren't safe and is a very big safety risk. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management. The screaming and hollering is something I have never dealt with. Months driving your own personal vehicle without receiving a mileage check. This company needs a real overhaul
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Clocking in and management
Brutal Management
Recertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Unrealistic goals and arbitrary deadlines are the two biggest issues with management. Among that there are also huge issues with communication regarding policies and procedures. Great pay for the type of work, but the stress and catty-ness at the office is not worth it. You might get lucky and get placed at a location with a good manager, but if your manager is bad your whole office will be toxic and "your work is your work, and my work is my work". Nobody wants to assist you unless they are the ones asking you for help.,...Also they don't tell you you will be forced into working Saturday on rotation until after you're hired. Or that you don't get paid lunch time. Or overtime.
Pros
Good pay, moderate health benefits and 6% 401k match
Cons
Scattered Sites are horrible, filled with horrible employees and worse managers
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Scattered Sites are horrible and it was the worse experience I've ever had. Horrible Management with NO Unity, no Professionalism, no Work Ethics, no Support, no Good Leadership. They make you take so many trainings and don't even pay or reimburse the trainings. I am sure this place is worse and unorganized with the worse management team I have ever worked with. Don't forget Favoritism plays a big role with the management.
Pros
Getting off from work
Cons
This company is worst and horrible to work.
Great opportunities for growth
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
Habitat encourages it's employees to keep growing, and that is an awesome attribute. Pay and training could be better, but overall, I think it's a great company to work for.
Changing the lives of others
Assistant Manager/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2017
While working for the Habitat Company in the past I was involved in helping the lives of many people. It was a joy to provide the applicants with great customer service and a new place that they can call home. I will always be thankful for the company allowing me to hold not one but two positions within there company. I enjoy working around people which made my job enjoyable.
Pros
Being involved in changing the living arrangements of others.
Cons
Not rewarded for great customer service.
Enjoyable company to work for.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 14, 2017
The Chicago team and regional manager were on top of everything. It was a wonderful team. Everyone worked as one company. You never felt alone. No question went unanswered.
Pros
Chicago Team
Great staff, poor management
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
Work with a great group of fellow employees. Job pays well and the benefits are great. The upper management has no idea what's going on down low. Too many managers telling you to do different things.
Fast-Paced environment!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2017
The office is constantly moving with calls, residents, and vendors coming in all day! The work isn't hard but the multitasking can become overwhelming at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Habitat Company. Our community is ready to answer.