The Harbour

The Harbour Employee Reviews

I loved being a mentor for young girls. I learned how to draw the line between bring a fun mentor and authority. It was very challenging because the young ladies I worked with struggled to find their way in life.
I was never paid! This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked at. If they’re this unorganized with employees, I can’t imagine what they do to the children they are entrusted to care for.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Terrible wouldn’t agree to working here. The don’t care for rhee clients. Staff do whatever they want. Take money from clients upper management does care.
Cons
My role included minimal collaboration and minimal time spent in the actual office. Being there for such a short time frame and not being in an employee role, I cannot fully review the company. The company was timely with reimbursement for gas.
The clients and staff don’t have clear boundaries that are set by upper management. The job is just a glorified babysitter, since the young girls are not held to a higher standard. There is never any progress with the clients and they are rude and disrespectful to staff!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Terrible place to work at. Unprofessional. Poor communication. The management could care less about the staff members. Do not work here unless you want to get fired or laid off.
Pros
Being with the clients
I started with one Executive Director, for one year. Then in the start of my second year, a new Executive Director began. She changed the direction of the organization which included realigning Development Department needs. It took a while to get people on the same page and the right track.
The Harbour is very team oriented, they attempt to get feedback from everyone. Well known in the community for the outstanding work that is done with the clients. Encourages staff of all levels to attend trainings and advance in career.
Pros
Great staff, informative trainings, LGBTQ friendly, small agency, friendly staff, well known by the community
Over worked and under paid. No support from management Lack of communication/unorganized Stressful Lack of appreciation/acknowledgement Extremely high turnover rate
Pros
Pto
Cons
All the above
When I first started I was told that the turnover rate was high and boy that was the truth. In my time of work there I had 4 supervisor and majority of the staff quit or drop to relief. the clients was great(some). but I have dreams of opening my own youth center. so this job played a major role in the do's and don'ts of running a company.
Pros
working with clients
Cons
communcatuions
Great company to work for. Friendly Staff and Management. Clients were very friendly. They were very receptive to me coming in as a new employee and would often sit in the living area and watch television with me. They liked to assist me in cooking for them. I enjoyed my time there.
it was a very nice to place to work. we work in groups and each of us had each other back. it was a fast-paced restaurant, which means you have to be on point and think quick. teamwork was a big thing there.
Great place to learn and grow, but upper management is unresponsive to the needs of staff. Great team work and rapport among TCMs, YDS and supervisors.
Pros
Great Teamwork among staff and mid management
Cons
Staff overworked and underpaid.
The Harbour does great work for young women but they do not value their employees. Over worked and burnt out. Compensation isn't great and did not train staff to handle crisis.
- Work mostly from home - Occasional meetings/conferences over phone and/or in-person - Management is reachable over phone and email (respond quickly) and is friendly
I learned a lot during my internship at The Harbour. I was not stuck working in one particular area of the organization, but was able to experience multiple positions. I worked with outreach, one on one with the youth, attended DCFS caseworker meetings with the youth, and attended court hearings. I could not have asked for a better internship.
• Provide Case Management and counseling to adolescent female wards of the state and homeless youth residing in both Transitional and Independent living programs • Prepare and facilitate interactive life skills in both therapeutic group sessions and independently • Support the maintenance of a positive therapeutic milieu at residential sites • Provide referrals and transportation for various appointments and visits • Complete mental health assessments, individual treatment plans and discharge plans • Attend and participate in juvenile court hearings and administrative case reviews • Complete and present DCFS Administrative Case Reviews and Children and Family Team meetings.
I thoroughly enjoy working with my clients. It is always upbeat and very challenging at times but they are worth it. The pay is minimal but I go to work to serve my clients and to ensure their well being.