The Hartford Financial Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,348 reviews matching the search See all 1,376 reviews
Great Company (Except Pay)
Worker (Current Employee) –  PlantationJuly 20, 2018
Pay is below market. Make sure to check carefully pay ranges before accepting the job. Management is sincere and will support your growth. Great place to start.
Pros
Great management, flexible schedule
Cons
Low Pay
Not Just Insurance
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Folks often think of insurance companies as boring. The Hartford is a fast-paced company with many exciting areas to work in - including technology and customer service. We are a very customer focused company and there is a lot of interaction with our external customers in my role. I find the work to be very engaging and satisfying. Senior Management asks for and utilizes employee feedback - from those who are doing the job - which is a breath of fresh air from those companies who are top heavy.
Pros
remote work flexibility, ability to voice opinions/lack of heavy handed leadership, fast paced and exciting job opportunities
Cons
pay could be better, due to fast pace, work can be stressful at times but always is exciting.
Entry level positions have little chance for advancement
Billing Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 18, 2018
Was promised career advancement or additional skills to add to repertoire. Was never provided the opportunity to do anything but answer phones in 2+ yrs of work.
Horrible Place to Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 17, 2018
Extreme metrics from the moment you start your day (you better start/be logged onto everything by your start time) until the very end of your day. Everything is tracked and you will hear from your manager if you are not on top of everything. Unfortunately, you don't hear from your manager when you do anything well....rarely even hear if a customer wants to compliment you. Recognition and Awards programs are a joke - unless you are one of the favored company "yes" people. Career advancements/opportunities are rare. Management tries to put a positive spin on everything negative that they throw your way. Marketing does anything to get the phones to ring. Your phone will ring constantly all day long. Many very nasty, hostile callers to you have to deal with. Management will not take escalation calls. Even after a horrible call, you better be ready to take the next call immediately. I KNOW not all call centers are run this way, but The Hartford insists that they are. You are just a number or warm body doing what they tell you. Management will just tell you to find another job.
Pros
Good benefits from day 1. Good amount of vacation time (but hard to schedule).
Cons
Very poor, uncaring management, Little chance for advancement, Rare recognition, Incentive plan impossible to achieve
Nice people
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 13, 2018
I thought it was a nice place to work, I met a lot of nice people and even though the commute was bad I really enjoyed working there. It was a call center so you expect the high call volume, but it really was not that bad.
Pros
Relaxed, calm place to work
Cons
commute
Awesome place supporting multi-culture employees
CORP IT Process and Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 12, 2018
I always looked forward to the day, always something new happening for my work. I was Sr Process and Technology Analyst in a Application and Development area.
For 2 years my main focus was educating the new Production Support vendor team about The Hartford's applications and the support structure for the businesses.
Created numerous documentation on Production Support process.
I then moved to Project Management for 2 key projects, 8 Expense applications, and the Quality Center (Testing facility for critical applications).
I also had governance for Change Control for the Corporate Applications.
Great Company to Work for.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Hartford is a great company to work for. Diversity and inclusion is encouraged in the work environment. Hartford offers great opportunities for advancement.
Unqualified Supervisor
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 12, 2018
I have a supervisor that makes work difficult. She favors certain employees, and treats others on her team with disdain. My supervisor started out acknowledging everyone has different personalities and then acted as if everyone should respond the same in meetings and in day-to-day interactions.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Too many to list
Focus is on Corporate not Field activities
Customer Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 11, 2018
Great opportunity to gain experience and then transition to a competitor. Management needs to focus more on execution and less on image. At one point we were forced to participate with an internal social network that took time from performing our claims duties.
Pros
Great PTO and benefits
Cons
Good luck on being able to utilize the PTO
Overall ok experince
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
fast paced, heavy work loads minimal growth.....same job day to day can get a little mundane at times. you can work from home on occasion if you meet your metrics.
Compliance Assistant
Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTJuly 10, 2018
Support role for processing of compliance testing and reporting. Communication verbally and written to clients. Very diverse job and learned a lot. Flexible schedule. Very busy work environment and lots of deadlines to manage. I was the gatekeeper of all the work to make sure was distributed to the team and I had to follow through to make sure all work completed.
i enjoyed it while it lasted
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2018
Very nice place to work.. Very friendly office setting, its to bad they closed this location. I was in school working the schedule i needed to finish up my degree
Great Place to Work
Ability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAJuly 8, 2018
You worked long hour and sometimes on weekends to meet team goals. The pay with overtime was great. I loved the location and the office. I loved my managers and my co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits and lot of overtime.
Cons
Not good for work life balance.
Good entry level position
Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2018
Very bottom heavy structure. There are opportunities within Claims for those who stay, but overall upward mobility is limited.
Decent foot in the door for transitioning to other areas within the company.
Fun place to work
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 30, 2018
It was a fun place to work, the manager was very encouraging, the pay was competitive, the co workers were friendly.It was great to work Mon- Friday and have overtime options.
Pros
Management, work
Cons
Far
Hartford
Records Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 30, 2018
Was a temp at the Harford, pay was well for the work that was required. The management was fair and flexible. The location was close to home, and the staff was great.
Like all the people, fun environment.
sale agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 28, 2018
Sales is a tough job so you have to like what you are doing if not you will fail. I like people and challenges so it was a fun place to work, but I didn't like the hours.
Pros
Ping pong
Typical call center
Property and (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 28, 2018
I worked doing inside property and casualty sales for AARP specific clients. We adhered to call metrics and followed a strict schedule.

I had a definite and realistic time of employment there from the start
Very enjoyable place to work
Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTJune 27, 2018
The Hartford that I worked at is no longer in existence but it was a fun and enjoyable place to work. I learned a lot from my co-workers and management team.
Good Benefits, Poor Work Culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CT 06095June 26, 2018
Good Benefits, Poor Work Culture. If your looking to start here and advance through the ranks quickly this is not the company for you. However, The Hartford is very involved in the community and you'll find lots of good people here while your in your current role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hartford Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

82out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Hartford Financial Services.

Powered by Comparably