The Hartford Financial Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,344 reviews matching the search See all 1,372 reviews
Nice people
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 13, 2018
I thought it was a nice place to work, I met a lot of nice people and even though the commute was bad I really enjoyed working there. It was a call center so you expect the high call volume, but it really was not that bad.
Pros
Relaxed, calm place to work
Cons
commute
Awesome place supporting multi-culture employees
CORP IT Process and Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 12, 2018
I always looked forward to the day, always something new happening for my work. I was Sr Process and Technology Analyst in a Application and Development area.
For 2 years my main focus was educating the new Production Support vendor team about The Hartford's applications and the support structure for the businesses.
Created numerous documentation on Production Support process.
I then moved to Project Management for 2 key projects, 8 Expense applications, and the Quality Center (Testing facility for critical applications).
I also had governance for Change Control for the Corporate Applications.
Great Company to Work for.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Hartford is a great company to work for. Diversity and inclusion is encouraged in the work environment. Hartford offers great opportunities for advancement.
Unqualified Supervisor
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 12, 2018
I have a supervisor that makes work difficult. She favors certain employees, and treats others on her team with disdain. My supervisor started out acknowledging everyone has different personalities and then acted as if everyone should respond the same in meetings and in day-to-day interactions.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Too many to list
Focus is on Corporate not Field activities
Customer Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 11, 2018
Great opportunity to gain experience and then transition to a competitor. Management needs to focus more on execution and less on image. At one point we were forced to participate with an internal social network that took time from performing our claims duties.
Pros
Great PTO and benefits
Cons
Good luck on being able to utilize the PTO
Overall ok experince
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
fast paced, heavy work loads minimal growth.....same job day to day can get a little mundane at times. you can work from home on occasion if you meet your metrics.
Compliance Assistant
Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTJuly 10, 2018
Support role for processing of compliance testing and reporting. Communication verbally and written to clients. Very diverse job and learned a lot. Flexible schedule. Very busy work environment and lots of deadlines to manage. I was the gatekeeper of all the work to make sure was distributed to the team and I had to follow through to make sure all work completed.
i enjoyed it while it lasted
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2018
Very nice place to work.. Very friendly office setting, its to bad they closed this location. I was in school working the schedule i needed to finish up my degree
Great Place to Work
Ability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAJuly 8, 2018
You worked long hour and sometimes on weekends to meet team goals. The pay with overtime was great. I loved the location and the office. I loved my managers and my co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits and lot of overtime.
Cons
Not good for work life balance.
Good entry level position
Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2018
Very bottom heavy structure. There are opportunities within Claims for those who stay, but overall upward mobility is limited.
Decent foot in the door for transitioning to other areas within the company.
Fun place to work
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 30, 2018
It was a fun place to work, the manager was very encouraging, the pay was competitive, the co workers were friendly.It was great to work Mon- Friday and have overtime options.
Pros
Management, work
Cons
Far
Hartford
Records Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 30, 2018
Was a temp at the Harford, pay was well for the work that was required. The management was fair and flexible. The location was close to home, and the staff was great.
Like all the people, fun environment.
sale agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 28, 2018
Sales is a tough job so you have to like what you are doing if not you will fail. I like people and challenges so it was a fun place to work, but I didn't like the hours.
Pros
Ping pong
Typical call center
Property and (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 28, 2018
I worked doing inside property and casualty sales for AARP specific clients. We adhered to call metrics and followed a strict schedule.

I had a definite and realistic time of employment there from the start
Very enjoyable place to work
Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTJune 27, 2018
The Hartford that I worked at is no longer in existence but it was a fun and enjoyable place to work. I learned a lot from my co-workers and management team.
Good Benefits, Poor Work Culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CT 06095June 26, 2018
Good Benefits, Poor Work Culture. If your looking to start here and advance through the ranks quickly this is not the company for you. However, The Hartford is very involved in the community and you'll find lots of good people here while your in your current role.
Stable and Solid
Commercial Property and Casualty Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 23, 2018
Very solid company with challenges and opportunities alike. Always given the opportunity to succeed in a team environment. Structured workplace with training and incentive.
Not good company
Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2018
The management lies and sets the Call Agent up for termination. The Hartford lacks vision for prosperity. Although, they talk about helping employees The Hartford management team deceives about an agent they need to take out of employment.
I cannot get specific but be prepared to get thrown out on "with cause" making it impossible to collect unemployment. They are not a group that keeps the Oklahoma Standard.
A poor rating company.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Official response from The Hartford Financial Services
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As a company committed to cultivating an environment and culture where all employees feel valued and respected, we take feedback such as this very seriously. So we may look in to these concerns, we ask that you consider providing more specific information through the EthicsPoint Reporting Service.

This was the only place hiring at the time I needed a full time.
Consumer Markets (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAJune 22, 2018
Every Manager is different at the Hartford, some are cool some are complete jerks. Pay was fair but not as competitive as other companies. Don't expect to move up unless you do a lot of butt kissing.
Pros
My manager was AWESOME.
Cons
everything
Claims Adjuster
Licensed Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2018
Daily expectations unrealistic which caused a lot of undue stress and employees to go out on medical leave.

Schedule Monday thru Friday.
Over time available.
Good benefits which begin on first day of employment.
19 days off a year.
Employee Assistance Program.
Benefits
Cons
Expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hartford Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

82out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Hartford Financial Services.

Powered by Comparably