The Heart Institute of East Texas Employee Reviews

Awful Place to work at
New Employee (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TexasAugust 20, 2019
I worked there several years ago. Started with the excitement of any new employee thinking I had finally found the perfect place to work. They stuck me at the receptionist desk and handed me a newspaper. I was hired as an Insurance Verification/Pre Authorization Clerk. Some training of their software!
They claimed they were waiting on my password verification so I could log in but when the IT person told my supervisor that the software company wanted more money to issue new passwords because no one seemed to be able to remember theirs, I was fired after only a few days so they wouldn't have to pay the money. Ridiculous place to work.
Wonderful company to work for
Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 19, 2019
I have nothing but amazing things to say for HIET. This is not my first time being employed in the medical field so i knew how busy and stressful this profession was before I signed on. At HIET I have felt welcomed and upper management has been more than helpful. My day is busy, very busy, multitasking is key. As long as you are a strong multi-tasker this is the place for you! In our office we work hard but we also enjoy each others company. I look forward to coming to work everyday, the hours are great and allow me to still have time for my family.
Cons
Honestly can not think of any cons.
Hiet
LVN (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 17, 2019
Heart Institute is very aware of the demanding need for CV care. The staff and physicians work tirelessly to aide and assist the population along with the surrounding markets.

They tell you from the get the go and try to be as transparent as possible that the job is extremely busy, you'll be needed and you'll have some of the best hands on experience you can obtain in healthcare in this market place. If you come with that attitude and a willingness to always pitch in you'll succeed and they'll reward you.
Pros
Great work hours, extremely stimulating work, clean environment, great community asset
Absolutely the worst place i have ever worked
MA (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 29, 2019
They do not care about anything but running the patients through the doors like cattle. The management is horrible, changes are made depending on the mood of one person. The pay is that of McDonald's, your treated like dogs and step children.
Pros
Monday thur Friday
Cons
Can not name them all
Manager is the absolute worst!
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 15, 2019
Talk about a hostile work environment!! This place is it! Very unprofessional management. It’s a revolving door of employees and the biggest joke in Lufkin!
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Stressful/Unappreciative Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  310 Gaslight Blvd, Lufkin TxMarch 13, 2019
This place will forever have a revolving door of employees coming and going until something is done about MANAGEMENT. Management can make or break a team and they have no team. Maybe if they learn how to appreciate their employees besides feeding them pizza and ice cream then maybe they could have a great team. Rudeness, selfishness, unappreciative and the list can keep going. As long as they know they can always hire someone, they don’t care about losing employees, even the good ones. But what they should learn is how to keep them once they get them. Things have to/need to change at The Heart Institute. The patients notice everything, from the long wait time, to the unprofessionalism, to always seeing new faces every 3-6 months.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Management discussed your personal information with other employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXFebruary 1, 2019
The management is lazy with poor work ethic. Discussing employees personal information out in the open for everyone to hear. If you are not on her good side you’re treated poorly. The doctors don’t care about you. You have no one to discuss your problems with because if you report it, it turns out to be your fault in the end. I personally would never recommend this company.
great place to wor
NP & Med. Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 17, 2018
I absolutely loved working at The Heart Institute! It is very fast paced and can be intense at times but the employees are wonderful!! I would recommend the facility to anyone as a place of employment and for patient care.
Dont work here
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 12, 2018
The place is miromanaged by one person and if she ain't happy no one is its all about favoritism they want you to smile and appear to be happy if you do that then you will be all right the hours are good 8-5 the insurance and pay is not worth it
Pros
Insurance, work 8-5, most coworkers are nice
Cons
Micromanger
very fast pace
MEDICAL INSURANCE BILLING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 29, 2018
I like the people I worked with. I didn't like the commute everyday.

I worked for them a long time ago, but the management when I worked there needed more training
Pros
working with good people
Cons
the commute
Poor management! No room for advancement
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 28, 2018
The management is terrible. Issues go unaddressed unless you are the manager’s favorite. Same thing for raises, unless your a favorite you won’t get your raise. Hard work goes unappreciated. The only good thing is it’s 8-5 Monday- Friday and the insurance is good if you use CHI. I loved my patients a few coworkers that also were treated badly, but it’s not worth the stress and ungrateful treatment you receive. They don’t care if you have kids or personal things go on that cause you to have to miss a day. The management talks about employees to other employees. Very unprofessional! Very high turnover for a reason!
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Poor Management! Unequal treatment.
fast paced working enviroment, can be stressful at times
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 4, 2018
Fast paced working environment , multitasking is a must if you cant multi task this job is not for you.At times the job can be very stressful, really no room for advancement
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work at . Doctors are so nice to work for. Fast pace, great hours Monday -Friday 8-5. Great people to work with, friendly and thoughtful.
Productive workplace
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jasper, TXJuly 5, 2017
I enjoy my job working with patients and the days go by smoothly. Everyone gets along and the hours are very considerate. The patients are nice and love the staff.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Everything is okay
Very large physician office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 15, 2017
Very busy multiple physician facility. Administrative assistant/public relations position that also was responsible for maintaining physician licensure and ongoing education.
good starting point
Medical Receptionist and Assistant- full time (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TX 75904June 11, 2017
Not room for advancement, but a good place to get experience in a fast paced environment. Can get close to coworkers as well, and a set schedule for the most part.
Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 29, 2017
No job security. Nurses have no respect for medical assistants. If you're not a favorite, do not expect to be treated equally. Definitely do not get paid enough to be treated/talked to the way they do.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No respect for lesser paid employees
Busy, fast paced Cardiology Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 7, 2016
Typical work day consists of 75 patients or more. Very fast paced and busy. My co-workers were AWESOME to work with and we were a great team/family! Management needs some improvement on how to appreciate/treat their employees, but put that aside, I really enjoyed working at HIET. My job duties were repetitious everyday. I done my job, and did it well.
Pros
Great Christmas Parties
Horrible place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 2, 2016
Poor management. No opportunities for advancement. Physicians are rude and disrespectful to employees. Wait times are long. The young nurses they hire are run over and treated poorly.
Great hours
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 25, 2015
Great hours with no call. Very busy facility with only two techs to take the work load. The city is small with not much to do for single people.