The Heart Institute of East Texas Employee Review

View all The Heart Institute of East Texas reviews

Absolutely the worst place i have ever worked
MA (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 29, 2019
They do not care about anything but running the patients through the doors like cattle. The management is horrible, changes are made depending on the mood of one person. The pay is that of McDonald's, your treated like dogs and step children.
Pros
Monday thur Friday
Cons
Can not name them all

Other The Heart Institute of East Texas Employee Reviews

Smoke and mirrors...
LVN (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXOctober 1, 2019
I loved this job and my clinic coworkers. My typical day consisted of rooming patients, assisting the family practice providers, doing referrals, insurance preauthorizations and many more tasks needed to ensure that patients were taken care of and happy. I really wanted to eventually retire from here. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with patients and my coworkers.
Management is what ultimately caused me to leave. No one and everyone is in charge over you, no clear chain of command. They believe in micromanaging and focus on trivial things to harp on while allowing important issues go unattended. I could not respect their inability to treat employees equally and fairly.All of this caused a chaotic and dysfunctional work culture and this was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Helping patients, skilled and efficient clinic coworkers, close to home
Cons
Poor management, poor health insurance, no job security nor advancement
Awful Place to work at
New Employee (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TexasAugust 20, 2019
I worked there several years ago. Started with the excitement of any new employee thinking I had finally found the perfect place to work. They stuck me at the receptionist desk and handed me a newspaper. I was hired as an Insurance Verification/Pre Authorization Clerk. Some training of their software!
They claimed they were waiting on my password verification so I could log in but when the IT person told my supervisor that the software company wanted more money to issue new passwords because no one seemed to be able to remember theirs, I was fired after only a few days so they wouldn't have to pay the money. Ridiculous place to work.