The Heart Institute of East Texas Employee Review

View all The Heart Institute of East Texas reviews

Dont work here
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 12, 2018
The place is miromanaged by one person and if she ain't happy no one is its all about favoritism they want you to smile and appear to be happy if you do that then you will be all right the hours are good 8-5 the insurance and pay is not worth it
Pros
Insurance, work 8-5, most coworkers are nice
Cons
Micromanger

Other The Heart Institute of East Texas Employee Reviews

Smoke and mirrors...
LVN (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXOctober 1, 2019
I loved this job and my clinic coworkers. My typical day consisted of rooming patients, assisting the family practice providers, doing referrals, insurance preauthorizations and many more tasks needed to ensure that patients were taken care of and happy. I really wanted to eventually retire from here. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with patients and my coworkers.
Management is what ultimately caused me to leave. No one and everyone is in charge over you, no clear chain of command. They believe in micromanaging and focus on trivial things to harp on while allowing important issues go unattended. I could not respect their inability to treat employees equally and fairly.All of this caused a chaotic and dysfunctional work culture and this was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Helping patients, skilled and efficient clinic coworkers, close to home
Cons
Poor management, poor health insurance, no job security nor advancement
Awful Place to work at
New Employee (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TexasAugust 20, 2019
I worked there several years ago. Started with the excitement of any new employee thinking I had finally found the perfect place to work. They stuck me at the receptionist desk and handed me a newspaper. I was hired as an Insurance Verification/Pre Authorization Clerk. Some training of their software!
They claimed they were waiting on my password verification so I could log in but when the IT person told my supervisor that the software company wanted more money to issue new passwords because no one seemed to be able to remember theirs, I was fired after only a few days so they wouldn't have to pay the money. Ridiculous place to work.