The Heart Institute of East Texas Employee Review

View all The Heart Institute of East Texas reviews

Hiet
LVN (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 17, 2019
Heart Institute is very aware of the demanding need for CV care. The staff and physicians work tirelessly to aide and assist the population along with the surrounding markets.

They tell you from the get the go and try to be as transparent as possible that the job is extremely busy, you'll be needed and you'll have some of the best hands on experience you can obtain in healthcare in this market place. If you come with that attitude and a willingness to always pitch in you'll succeed and they'll reward you.
Pros
Great work hours, extremely stimulating work, clean environment, great community asset

Other The Heart Institute of East Texas Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Health (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 20, 2019
Just watch your back and who you confide in. This place is a joke! They will tell you one thing and do another. There are some good people there but keep to yourself
Pros
Monday-Friday 8-5
Cons
Watch your back
Smoke and mirrors...
LVN (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXOctober 1, 2019
I loved this job and my clinic coworkers. My typical day consisted of rooming patients, assisting the family practice providers, doing referrals, insurance preauthorizations and many more tasks needed to ensure that patients were taken care of and happy. I really wanted to eventually retire from here. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with patients and my coworkers.
Management is what ultimately caused me to leave. No one and everyone is in charge over you, no clear chain of command. They believe in micromanaging and focus on trivial things to harp on while allowing important issues go unattended. I could not respect their inability to treat employees equally and fairly.All of this caused a chaotic and dysfunctional work culture and this was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Helping patients, skilled and efficient clinic coworkers, close to home
Cons
Poor management, poor health insurance, no job security nor advancement