The Hershey Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hershey Company Review
Finance Manager - Large Format Sales Channels (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 17, 2018
Pros: Great place if you're raising a family. Centrally located & within driving distance to Philly, DC, and NYC.

Cons: Not much to do there if you're young and single.
No Social Life
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 14, 2018
The company got greed over the years.They use to give Hersheypark passes. They are lucky they give a appreciation meal once a year. It use to be that you could eat as much as you want, but now you only get one time and very small portion. Plus, they don't treat there employees good. Example if an employee gets hurt they don't want to be held responsible. A person doesn't have a social life working here either. Over time must of the departments work 12 hours shifts. It use to be not like this, but company wants to save money in not paying overtime. There is so much to say about this company that I could go on but I am not.
Pros
Good pay and paid breaks
Cons
short breaks in some departments and no social life
Fast Paced
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 10, 2018
Very fast paced environment, learned to put together water holes. Management is laid back, but theirs plenty of work to be done. hardest part is standing on feet for long hours.
Enjoyable place to work with sweet benefits
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 6, 2018
Enjoyed the diversity of work options and projects. Best benefit was the free bite size chocolate samples in every conference room. You get used to it and change to a more healthy lifestyle which is highly encouraged.
Ethical, mission driven, stong consumer branded Company
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 28, 2018
Well respected ethical, mission driven organization with strong consumer connection and brand equity. A great organization to work, grow and develop with many opportunities to advance professionally.
Bad company culture
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 23, 2018
You'll be going to Walmarts every day building displays and getting chewed out by store managers. Unrealistic expectations, strong nepotism/favoritism within the company. Work days start at 7am after an hour of unpaid driving to your first store. Days usually end around 5pm with an hour or more of unpaid drive time home. Mandatory overtime required (47.5 hours per week) and usually expected to work 50+ hours a week. Annual bonus structure is based off company performance, not individual performance. Overall a lot of uncertainty in the company's future (less people shopping at grocery stores plus sugar/candy industry overall is in decline).
It wasn't really a fun place to work it was stressful.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILAugust 17, 2018
Hershey's wasn't a bad nor good place to work, it's just to stressful and it was drama. I got to work in a environment where there's no drama at all. If there's drama and fighting going on, it distracts me from getting my job done. I won't be able to risk losing a job that I get.
Pros
I brought my own lunch
Cons
Short brakes
Working for Hershey
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2018
To begin with, the culture is terrible! They promote an unhealthy work-life balance, expecting you to work 60 hours every week, including weekends, in an entry level position. The pay is absolutely horrendous! They barely compensate you enough money in the gas you use to drive around your territory for work, and even with working overtime, they have a fixed rate for this position across the country, so living in Seattle, one of the most expensive places to live, I had to pick up a second side job. The people are cut-throat, nothing matters but Hershey type of people. They encourage terrible, low-life behavior, and congratulate you when you do sneaky stuff to competitor products. Overall terrible people, terrible culture, and terrible company.
Great place to work for, fresh candy in breakroom!
Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 8, 2018
Usually one of the first companys to implement leading edge technology. More than 80 affordable chocolate brands started by a passionate founder in Milton Hershey.
Company Really Cares about Employees
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 6, 2018
The department I worked in had a lot of potential to be great - but everyone was still a little bitter about a recent management change, so there was a lot of animosity towards the new head honcho, which caused employees in the department to be neglected. The company as a whole really cared about their employees, though, and they made sure to recognize people from all departments. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to work overall.
Pros
Free lunch, free theme park admission, discounts on chocolate
Cons
Self-centered managment
hershey culture
Retail sales representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 6, 2018
Hershey has a great company culture with ample opportunities for lateral movement in the company. Management has great enthusiasm and pushes their team.
The most Chocolatey Day is
TERRITORY SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2018
On any given day one gets to put a smile on someone Else's face. The name Hershey and the brand speaks for it's self. There is never a dull moment and a day can not be found being bored. There is always something NEW or exciting with in the company that brings joy.
Pros
Excutives take time to praise workers.
Created a great career, then dismissed w/o relocation
SR. MANAGER / THE HERSHEY COMPANY (Former Employee) –  THE HERSHEY COMPANYJuly 31, 2018
I entered the The Hershey Company as happiest as I could be...since I was a chocolate lover after all. I had a great career for 8 years. I had great mentors and I was planning my career around someday going into Corporate Offices. But that dream was not achieved since I was dismissed w/o the opportunity for me of seeking relocation to another job. It was a shame that after 8 years the company spent preparing me to be the perfect Hershey material; they let me go. Still appreciate all the learnings and great mentors I found in the way. But new international management is very closed circle and if you aren't one of them; you are out. Not so Hershey behaviors after all.
Pros
Great compesation packages
Cons
Closed minded upper management
Motivated Company with Ambitious Culture
Reliability Lead (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 28, 2018
The Hershey Company is a great place to work but can be unnecessarily stressful, depending on the position. It is a great place to start a career and learn how big companies work.
respect for chocolate
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 26, 2018
this company kept you informed of your job and changes within the company .Gave you recognition when it was needed. Guide you thru selling or customer issues great company
Stressful work environment
Line worker (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 18, 2018
This job is not something I like or would ever recommend to anyone I don't approve of the management nor the employees. The environment of the work setting is not suitable to what people should be working in
The Memphis plant is terrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2018
Management is absolutely horrific. There's no Job/work balance. Your forced to take five days of consecutive vacation days when you only start with 10 days for the entire year. Production always comes first even when there's a clear safety or quality issue. Management shows blunt favoritism and retaliation toward certain people. Permanent and Contingent employees are openly disrespected. I've witness employees loose their jobs because management simply doesn't like them. It's the most unprofessional establishment I've ever worked for. Corruption runs deep and without a union there's no chance of being treated fairly. This is only a glimpse of how terrible the Memphis plant is. Management is violating rights and breaking laws and there's nothing being done.
Pros
The pay is good.
Cons
Everyrhing else
Great place to meet a variety of people. Not so good management and half the time your short staffed.
Utility (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 6, 2018
Ive worked at Hershey for four years now. Since starting management has become very poor, most of them don’t know what they are doing, hold the building open longer than it needs to be, and when we do close, people are not allowed to be forced out. This leaves employees there till an hour or an hour in half after the building has closed. Most departments are short staffed so a lot of employees are scheduled almost every day. The amount of work you do doesn’t show up on your paycheck half the time. You get nice discounts and even tickets to Hershey Park but that is if you can afford to buy them when you get your check.
Pros
Discounts on bakery, retail, and at the park
Cons
Low pay, management, amount of hours, being stuck till 12/12:30AM
Fun, past-paced work environment
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 2, 2018
I worked part-time at Hershey's Chocolate World for a few years while I was in college. I enjoyed working there because it was a fun and friendly work environment, and people were happy most of the time because they were on vacation. It was fast-paced and kept me busy, but I was still able to take breaks throughout the day.
Pros
fun, past-paced, positive environment, decent pay, regular breaks throughout the day
Cons
no benefits (due to part-time nature of the job)
Not bad, not great
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 2, 2018
Overall great benefits compared to a lot. Management seems to have less and less concern for their employees. Bottom line is very important and it is evident. Probably not going to get away from this wherever you go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hershey Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Hershey Company.

Powered by Comparably