The Hershey Company

Stuarts Draft, VA55 reviews

Found 55 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,133 reviews
candychocolateovertimeplantterritorymerchandisingproductbalance

Good pay

Work is 7 days a week unless your lucky enough to get the 12 hour shifts. Then you work 2-2-3 work week. On your feet all the time. Some jobs are very physical

Pros

Sometimes you get free candy and you get discounts

Not accommodating

Very hard to work with them. They rush through everything even orientation we’re hard to follow. Didn’t stay there long, pay was ok, breaks were meh. But still not very accommodating. People have lives outside work

The Hershey Company insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

No work/life balance

You work all the time and rarely get a day off, pay is good but that's about it. As a new hire you are considered an outcast and expected to work every weekend

Great Pay & Benefits, Not so Great work atmosphere.

Easy work even though it’s a Mandatory 7day work week. However, if you’re assigned to a line where others on that line don’t care for you, they will find a way to have you moved or make you request to be moved. There’s definitely little cliques just like in high school.

Management is terrible, DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Left immediately. I have ZERO respect for a company that allows management to engage in activities with there employees as well as harass them in the workplace. There should be a fine line between management and employees. That is just extremely unprofessional. Just go somewhere else!

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Unprofessional, Harassment from management

7 days a week.

You work 7 days a week. Not much time off and management isn’t the greatest. Terrible work love balance and HR is as much help as management. Pay is amazing, but money isn’t always everything.

Great company for making money and having no life while getting disrespected by HR the whole time.

I made great money. I never was helped by HR once. Mandatory 7 day weeks, days off only come when you work OT. The attendance policy is impossible. Covid guidelines are a joke. People would get disciplined for being sick and lose their jobs even if it was covid related.

Pros

Money

Cons

No help from HR or higher ups ever, days off are based on overtime, company does what they want when they want no matter if it affects your life, point policy is impossible.

Pay and benefits good. That's today. Anything is subject to change at the company's whim.

As reported often, a great place to hook up.Just don't do it in camera view.They have ability to change rules simply by posting the change.Just recently we lost 45 minutes per day in break time with nothing in return.Also, if they have no work on any given day they will send you home, refusing to pay show-up pay. And you lose the Saturday OT premium because you took a day off.No Holiday is guaranteed a day off. They are making an exception this year due to lack of warehouse space.

Pros

Day one benefits. Lots of OT, wether you want it or not. Guaranteed one day off after working 43 days straight.

Cons

Short breaks. Inconsistent policies. Forced OT. Bonuses often lost to bad management training.

No life outside of work

You work a lot and have no life outside of work. Most weeks you work 7 days and it’s hard to get a day off. Really hard if you have a family.

Pros

Money

Cons

Short breaks

Stress people out, and so many hours everybody walks around like zombies

Decent money , but work environment is really bad . High turnover rate but the just keep bringing them in put them somewhere with not a bit of training . They talk about safety all the time but when it slows or stops production that goes out the window. As with everywhere I guess the got there favorites , you could be exactly the same employee next to you is doing and you will get a write up but not even a word to other. Old times said it use to be good place to work but they are flooding out of there now. Just not a good place to work, especially if u have family and kids

Pros

Pay decent

Cons

A lot of snitches and brown noses, terrible work environment

If you wanna make money this is the place but the trade off is your personal life.

The money is good. It's great when you account for the overtime. Overtime which is never-ending. Expect to work 7 days a week without any foreseeable end. So you'll make great money but you'll never have any time to nurture yourself, let alone any relationships. Don't have children, a significant other, pets, or plants. You won't be around to care for them. And the attendance & occurrence policy will ensure that. You get points for using company allotted sick days. It's a fast moving environment so you must be able to learn and adapt quickly. Training is disjointed and unorganized due to forever changing production schedules, high employee turnover, and plain old poor management. So seriously weigh your pros & cons before accepting a position.

Pros

Pay

Cons

You will very rarely get time off.

People are great, but the work hours are to extreme.

Must be in uniform to work. I then go to my station. I am there until my break. Break is 15 min. After break, I return to my line. Most people are nice, but some can get political. There is a big divide between management, and employees.

Work work work

The company treat their employees like the treat there machines “you should never get tired or burned out”. No WORK LIFE BALANCE!! EVER!!!!! The people are nice but he listens to no one and are down right mean you can never get time off to plan ANYTHING! I miss daughters high school graduation because. They would not let me off even 2 hours to go see her graduation

Pros

Good money

Cons

No life to enjoys it

Good pay

Good pay with higher skill levels. Constant 7 day work schedule can be hard to deal with. Benefits and 401k plan are pretty good. Not a bad place to work but the constant schedule can overwhelm your personal life.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

No time off unless you use all your pto.

Good job but no time for yourself

7days a week is just to much when you have a family but the work isn’t bad depending on the line you’re on. They also go by seniority so if you haven’t been there for a long time you are usually stuck on your assigned line for a while before you can bid off to a new position

Pros

Food trucks in summer, pay, easy work

Cons

7 days, management has favorites

Great money, terrible everything else

Most of the management is too busy to care about regular employees. It is very very common to work 7 days a week every week with no days off. They show great favoritism towards specific employees and new hires are not adequately trained for their jobs.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

7 day work weeks, short breaks, favoritism

Alot of drama, no days off, but good pay

Depending on your job, days off are hard to come by. Alot of forced overtime unless you can find your own coverage. Management and hr are a joke. The work can be very stressful, and write ups are easy to get.

Pros

Pay, some of the people

Cons

Management, work life balance

Good place to work for single people

They pay well and have great benefits, but you will work 7 days a week, pretty much all the time. If you have a family with young children and you want to see them grow up, don’t work here. You will spend more time at work than with your family. It’s not hard work at all, I just couldn’t do it 7 days a week. I had no time to do other things. It’s a great job for young people with no kids or older people whose kids are grown. Guess I just choose my family over my employer.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Work 7 days a week

Work till you drop

You don't get to have a life its work until you drop. The more overtime you accumulate the easier it is to get a weekend off, so you have to work at least 30 days straight to "earn" a Saturday and Sunday.

Pros

Big paychecks

Production

Management just makes up rules as they go. They have no empathy towards the employees. There’s never any consistency. If a manager tells you wrong about a forever changing policy, they don’t get reprimanded for telling you wrong. You get reprimanded for receiving the wrong information. This whole place is a mess and is morally bankrupt. Management doesn’t care about what is wrong or right by their employees. As long as it’s legally okay to treat you bad, they won’t mind doing it.

Easy work and good money. But the new managers are awful

Lots of overtime which means excellent income. The work is not difficult. The newly appointed line supervision is lacking with no idea what's going on on my line. He's the main failure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hershey Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Hershey Company.
Powered byComparably

Compare The Hershey Company with

Learn about The Hershey Company in Stuarts Draft, VA

• The Hershey Company
  • Stuarts Draft, VA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?