The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

41K
31K
Found 3,426 reviews matching the search See all 3,940 reviews
F&I Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 20, 2018
Not enough inventory to hit goals each month. Senior management needs to have more experience in retail car sales or listen to the store manager's ideas to increase volume. My store manager was excellent with great ideas that unfortunately were not implemented.
Pros
Great store manager
Cons
Need more retail automotive experience in senior management
Stressful environment
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2018
Really stressful environment with a lot hard work as well as problem solving. Work-life balance is really difficult since their hours genereally don’t line up with what you may want to do. The people that’s been there longer usually get the schedules
Pros
Discounts on rentals
Cons
Bad healthcare; hours aren’t that good; tough schedule
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 20, 2018
hertz is a good place to work mandatory 40 plus hrs good salary only thing that's complicated is the point system and the personal days but overall I would recommend this job to anyone I know
Barely minimum wage
Transporter/Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 20, 2018
Useless as a career or even a job. No benefits, wages that are barely minimum wage. Excessive lack of communication between some managers and employees.
Pros
Laid back, casual atmosphere
Cons
Wages, no benefits, communication between management and employees.
There were no reviews.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people daily. Being able to offer assistance in getting customers to their locations in a friendly and timely manner.

It was important to stay focused and keep a positive attitude no matter how negative the employees were around you.

I learned that the car rental business is huge and could be a lot more profitable if organized and clear policies and procedures were in place.

The hardest part of the job was there was no established guidelines nor clear direction of how to carry out the task.
Pros
There were free pizza or barb-q days if you happen to be scheduled to work on those days.
Cons
No salary increases. You could increase your hours.
Think of your worst toxic relationship x 10! Stay away
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 20, 2018
Poor leadership
Poor training (Non existant)
Poor wages
Poor working conditions
Misleading Titles (M.I.T = CSR)
Constantly lying to customers
Never having cars to rent
No team work
Highest turnover I’ve ever seen in my life
Misleading job description (You are always cleaning cars)
Blind leading blind
If you are intelligent and understand leadership and P&L’s it will get you nowhere.
This is the worst company I’ve ever worked at.
You’ve been warned.
Pros
Zero
My Time with Hertz
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2018
Hertz is a great job for a young kid with management and communication skills. I love the job for the most part. The only trouble I have with it is the pay rate is very low and noncompetitive. I have learned a lot there and i am ready to progress elsewhere
Pros
Culture and work environment is great
Cons
Pay rate
Good spring board
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2018
All in all, a good place to start. But I needed a new challenge. I learned a lot and had great co-workers. But it was time to go down a different route
Pros
Free car, gas, and insurance
Cons
Left arm of the company doesn't talk to the right arm of the company
fun people work with
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2018
its a great part time job and employees are easy going and fun to work with. I have been there for 2 years. Its honestly not a bad job you would just need a second job to go with it.
Money making
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2018
you can make pretty good money here
its a company where people can make a lot of money but you have to get lucky and get a good schedule the job is stressful job so if you are heartless person maybe this job is for you , because you job is to smile at customers and rip them off
Pros
money
Cons
pressure to sell more
fun envirment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
customer service and sales, checking in cars renting cars exchanging cars , renting exchanging and returning car rental contracts, inspecting and knowledge of cars
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
overnight shifts
Poor leadership at the TOP
Poor working conditions
Poor work and life
POOR
Cons
Great place to work, easy flexible scheduling
Vehicle Transporter (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 18, 2018
Wonderful experience, and it fit in so well with scheduling.. All part time employees were given at least 24 hours due to the company policy..Had a good branch manager!
Great Enviroment, Decent Wages but Great Selection of Cars
Sales & Reservationist (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJuly 18, 2018
Work was pretty great, got to meet a lot of travelers and have opportunities to earn incentives for a good well done such as "upsells"

Everyone I knew enjoyed each others company and every and now and then we gossiped.
Pros
Large Corporation, Friendly Staff
Cons
Wages
Horrible job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
The job itself is not worth the stress and duties performed. The job also doesn't pay well. I wouldn't recommend this job to a homeless person. seriously...
Not an Ideal
Gold Choice CSR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
I have to say, that working for Hertz beyond a year is not worth it. The "opportunity for growth" is just the company giving a significantly higher amount of responsibility with a 50 cent or $1 pay raise to show for it. We are always understaffed, always overworked, and told to work different locations at the drop of a dime without much notice all because of mismanagment. The pay is not equivalent to the hard work most employees here put in. Not to mention, they'll work you 6, sometimes 7 days a week, depending on your location if you do not complain and remind them at the time of hiring, you were told you would get 2 days a week off like most work places. You'll burn out quick, look elsewhere for employment. Most are great to work with. 0 work life balance"
Just don't do it
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 17, 2018
The stress of working here is not worth it. Since I have to add characters I will say that if you are a nice person, nice people don't make money here. you get ran over.
easy going job
Hertz Car Transporter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 17, 2018
easy job in which you can work from 2 days up to 6 days a week. minimum wage and 3 day sick pay. managers tell you what to do once and you are good to go for the day.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
Nice culture for learning. Good people to work with. Small gym on site. There would be a few activities outside of work for team building. Overall a decent place to work.
Tough Job
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  DaytonJuly 16, 2018
Hertz is chronically understaffed. Which leads to most if not all of the problems the company faces. Some of those problems include: dirty cars and unhappy customers who are not attended to promptly. If they would take the time to hire qualified employees they would be better off but they will settle for anyone who puts in an application. Then they find themselves back in the same situation and it's a vicious cycle.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
healthcare, overworked, underpaid, understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

69out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Hertz Corporation.

Powered by Comparably