The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,277 reviews matching the search See all 3,771 reviews
The people directly above me were good, but overall the upper management was not good.
Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 19, 2018
This is not a place to work if you actually want to make any money. I began at $8.25 per hour and ended, over two years later, still at $8.25. The local managers I worked for were good people, but the middle/upper management in Kansas City was not good.
Great Place To Work
Sales Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAMay 19, 2018
fast paced i loved the work environment . Great managerial staff and flexible works hours. the staff were all friendly and understanding of your difficulties beginning at the job.
Hertz
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2018
Uncomfortable reviewing a position I am currently still in. Workplace culture is poor. The employees are generally great; but management is lacking communication skills.
Administrative Center - Travel Agent Commissions (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2018
Research Travel Agent Commission checks. Learn on your own. There but not for all. Quite workplace. Not getting help when I needed it. Clocking out to go home.
Pros
Self support
Cons
Learn on your own
It would be a good place to work if management was replaced
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 18, 2018
Abusive and inept management in the shop I worked at made Hertz a miserable place to work. Don't bother going to HR. The rep is there solely to protect management.
Pros
Pay was fair
Cons
Hard work but very rewarding
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 17, 2018
The technology and pay could be much better. Work environment is dependent on the culture of the Area Manager. Some work harder than others, which can make the job very rewarding. Some locations have to work harder than others, to make money. My personal experience I did 3 jobs at one store: drive, wash cars, and management. However only was paid for the management. Other stores may have 1-3 people to do each of those functions. Computers need to be updated. Overall great company with limitless growth opportunity. High performing managers trainees can be Branch Managers in 8-13 months.

Sometimes senior management initiatives can cause realistic work practice conflict.
Pros
flexible schedule, chill work environment, quarterly bonus, training & development, career growth
Cons
pay, coworkers, hardware, software
Management had little or no regard for their laborers
Transporter (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 17, 2018
I did not work in a management position. I was a transporter.

Although I enjoyed the job, I worked for Hertz for over two years for $7.25 per hour without a raise.
Hertz did not give periodic reviews and raises, to it's transporters, (not at the Hertz I was employed with).

Even though it was an on-call job, reviews and raises should have been given.

I believe every company should be required to give reviews to access an employee's work ethic, and then give raises accordingly.
It is a offense to fair employment practices to employ someone for two years without a raise.
Pros
enjoyed job
Cons
no reviews - no raises
Horrble place to work!
Vehicle Service Attendant (VSA) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2018
This company overworks its foreign, desperate employees for little compensation. The place is way over micromanaged, There is no trust between lower level employees and upper management. Employees are written-up for everything, harassed daily, disrespected my management and fellow co-workers of other nationalities, underpaid, overworked, exploited, and numerous other negative things.
The job site is toxic, dangerous, very intensive labor involved and absolutely no appreciation shown by upper management for a guys days hard work to their ridiculously high expectations!
Pros
Cons
Extreme work environment, low pay, hostile work environment, dangerous, toxic, disrespectful management, etc....
Location manager
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2018
Does not care about employees or quality of life. Told to take care of customers no matter what, then dismissed when you do. Upper management allowed to bully even harass other management.
Hertz will promise the World, only to disappoint with S.M.I.L.E.S.
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  USAMay 16, 2018
This company is garbage, I worked there for several years. No real opportunities to move up until they decide they need a change in management. Unreal requirements and standards, unreal prices that only go up. Will often MAKE you work through your lunch, but still punch out, even though they schedule you to work 10+ hour days. Customer satisfaction is rarely considered, forget keeping reservations, Hertz breaks reservations that clients have booked months in advance. They intentionally waste client's time and are not considerate of the client's time and money or the well-being of their staff.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Driving was peaceful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed work for Hertz. The quite time was the best part, also not having manager over your shoulder. Being able to drive cars that I would not normally drive.
Pros
driving
Cons
waiting
ok place to work
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 15, 2018
I was working in a auto-body shop owned by two brothers. I was the only Hertz rep in the shop, the rest of them worked for the body-shop side. I enjoyed my job once I learned the old fashioned software from the 80's which they were using while I was there. You get to get out of the office chair to pick-up/drop-off customers, exchange rental cars from one Hertz location to another, run cars to get oil changes etc...
Hardest part of the job is during snow-bird season when rental cars are in high demand and you constantly have to make sure you have enough cars and the right kind of cars on your lot to meet the customers demand.
Most enjoyable was meeting the new customers especially the seniors and getting to be a part of their day and hear their stories. Also, getting to drive around in the rental cars was fun too!
Pros
full-time, can be fun some days
Cons
Can be extremely slow making time go by so slow. Have to work some Saturday's
great calm enviorment
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2018
i had a great work experience here i was able to learn quick and drive cool cars ,the staff was great and the system allowed me to learn more for in the fast pace life we live , good place if you like to drive
Good environment
Auto B Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 14, 2018
Co workers are cool, everyone has there own space to work in, work is easy to find, u come in things are organized and self explanatory. Always a manager on Duty , only thing that sucks is weekend work is a must
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
Discounts weren’t too good
great experience
Branch Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYMay 14, 2018
You will learn how to multi task. when you first start, all they do is teach you how to wash and clean cars. you barely get any computer time to process rentals
Was a great place that offered potential
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2018
The culture may have changed now, but it was difficult to feel included. Organization culture wasn't felt enough at branches. There was possibility of advancement with performance.
Pros
good benefits
Hertz
PART-TIME TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
I liked driving at the Hertz Corporation. It was a very exciting work environment. I learned that customer service was very important, and was the foundation for the Hertz Corporation.
Unpredictable, fast-paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 14, 2018
A lot has changed since I last worked at Hertz and a few of my colleagues who are still managers tell me that a lot of the old pain points were done away with/ changed with the arrival of new regional management. It would be unfair to express all that happened during my time there, but what I can say is that it is an environment that requires plenty of pre-planning & adjusting on daily basis. Managers have to be quick to solve any and every issue that arise in order to fulfill the needs of multiple clients as well as support to other locations if needed. There are also plenty of moving parts so attention to detail is key.
Great job friendly environment
Driver - Transporter (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 12, 2018
I loved the job. My boss at the time was great and worked with you. I learned the entire tri state area. The people I worked with were awesome. I'm still friends with most of them. The job wasn't hard at all. We would have teams, drop off vehicles to filming companies throughout the tri state are. The lead person would be there to pick you up at the drop location.
Pros
Over time was good when, they had it. As long as you were willing to work and show up, you were always working. We got to drive all of the new vehicle's, if you're a car person you'd love it.
Cons
Once filming was over from about Jan thru March you barely get hours.
Fun Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 12, 2018
It was great working Hertz at the BWI airport because it gave me the opportunity to talk with a lot of customers from all parts of the world. This i found most important because it help my skill in building rapport and actively listening to customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

69out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Hertz Corporation.

Powered by Comparably