The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 3,708 reviews matching the search See all 4,247 reviews
A perfect place to work
Auto Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2018
I loved this place I was hoping to retired there. It was fun, relaxed, the hours convenient perfect. It was less than 30 minutes away from my home. A excellent job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Ok Temp Job
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2018
I was a temporary Car detailer at the Phoenix Airport, Very fast paced, clean one car move on to the next so-on. They are in a Labor Union so workplace culture was a little different in regards to Vacation, hours worked etc Vacations were sonority driven and most of the overtime was Mandatory 3-6 extra hours either at the start or at the end. Management was fine. Easy Job long hours with low pay.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Low pay
Fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 18, 2018
I loved customer service and meeting new people fun and everyone helped each other when needed team work was very important. It was a great experience
Terrible
Transporter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TxOctober 18, 2018
Everything was great until they started to change everything and let go of great management and went third party on transporters, they came and started firing everyone out of nowhere and for no reason at all
Management is the worst
Transporter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 18, 2018
The only decent managers we had they fired and the ones that were left is one of the worst I've worked with, you as a team member have to do management job with a BAD salary, abuse to team members is their main problem. The only good thing is most of the team members that work there are amazing and help each other since management does nothing to help. It was a decent place to work at until they brought down a temporary gm and he cleaned house with the decent people that were left in that specific location at the airport
Pros
not really any left
Cons
pay, management
Productive and very nice Management
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 18, 2018
Working for Hertz was one of the best experiences for me. The training was amazing , the staff there will do whatever possible to make you feel great and welcome. I highly recommend this job.
great staff
Customer Service/Instant Return Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be to get a tablet from the booth, direct traffic and close contracts. The management trained me to the level where they could confidently leave me to the task and would be available to answer any of my questions.
Unorganized and incomprehensible
Car Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2018
HR and management unorganized and misleading. Was injured and had to take some time off with a release from dr and was let go with no valid reason....
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Constantly outside and poor mgmt
It was a nice company and very educational
Personal Injury Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 17, 2018
Enjoyed working with Hertz, it was my second time being employed with them. It was challenging, and constantly learning new laws in different states. The people were grand and fun and helpful.
Pros
Great discounts on car rentals
Cons
It could get hectic with the claim load, pressure
Hertz Car Sales
CAR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2018
Hertz Car Sales was instrumental in my car sales education. I continued to learn and achieve my goals. The salary/commission structure was very interesting.
Relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
There’s no growth opportunity. You have to work every weekend and holidays, and more then likely an evening shift till the next bid comes out and you move up. But very laid back environment.
Cons
Work every weekend
Hertz
TNC Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
Hertz is a high paced environment. There are always more goals to accomplish. Responsibility is given until it cannot be taken. Vacation, sick days, personal days or floating holidays are wasted. Hertz expects you to use them or lose them. Must watch your back from others. Working off the clock on business gets no attention, just keep working if employees are not hourly they continue to add more work. So many people cannot handle the difficulty of the job and quit because they want Branch Managers to do too much work.
A job option but not a career
Manager Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
A good place to start and gain experience. Extremely demanding clientele! Shoe string budget "do more with less' mentality! Staffing and high turnover rate is a constant struggle. It's a promises promises organization. Also behind the times in terms of tehhnology.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime
Cons
No work life balance, poor management
worst place to work
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 16, 2018
they work you hard for little money never apply for this job and they don't let you drive the cars there they will charge you like a regular customer.
Pros
Cons
money. management .training
It was a very good place to work and grow.
Rental agent (Former Employee) –  Providenciales, Turks and Caicos IslandOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work would be very fast paced.
I learned all of things about the company.
Management was extremely nice and corporative.
The hardest part about the job was when there were all of customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how all of the works were comfortable with each other and they would help each other.
Hertz
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IL 60085October 16, 2018
On a typical day we were constantly moving an always doing something, there were serveral different things for us to do throughout the day. One of the things that I didn't like about working for Hertz was that during my time there I was bounced around to several different locations and didn't have just one home base.
Pros
meeting intersting people, driving several really nice cars
Cons
bouncing around to serveral locations
great perks as management but...
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2018
Hertz has great perks as a manager but the company consistently puts it's team through unnecessary stress. Maximizing profits as a business is understandable but to the expense of it's customers is questionable. This leads the management team to be treated poorly by their customers as the managers are the face of the company.
Pros
car benefits
Cons
poor company culture
if you like to be over worked this is the job for you
Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
this job is terrible no raises. no one is willing to help you with anything job promotion related. customers are hard to deal with because hertz refuses to update their website. i could go on and on about how bad this job is.
Every day i sq different
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2018
Everyday work at Hertz is totally different
from the previous day.
There are always challenges to overcome.
Although the potential is huge,
Hertz should gain more market share.
Pros
Laid back and systematic work.
Cons
Poor Management, Slow Advancement.
High stress
Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 12, 2018
The job is very demanding and can be stressful. It is very fat paced. You must be high tolerant with customers who can be very intolerable. This is a very high energy job that demands a lot from it's employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight