The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 3,848 reviews matching the search See all 4,398 reviews
nothing
Acting Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2018
nothing bad to say about the company
the job is easy if you like customer service
work place culture is ok
the hardest part of the job is not having clean cars
Pros
company car
Cons
lack of pay
Long hours, poor compensation, no structure.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 12, 2018
Could be a great place to work with a lot of improvement. Never had the correct staffing for the work load. To many tasks and not enough man hours to get done what needed to be done.
Pros
car
Cons
poor compensation
awesome
Manager Associate - Livonia, Southfield (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 11, 2018
great company to work for, Southfield and Livonia locations are ran professionally. Cars are kept clean as well as customers being taken care of within minutes of arrival.
Good first job, company could care more about employees.
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19801December 9, 2018
Good first job, teaches you to work fast and perform well. The company could pay better and care about personnel a lot more. Career track is straightforward.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2018
my typical day ios, I came in clocked in sat at my desk tuened my computer on and did my job. I don't have anything else to say about this company. This system is making me right this revire about a ompany that I am no longer fond of
Sr. Python Developer (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLDecember 7, 2018
A great and awesome place to work. I had a great team and a manager. Excellent workplace culture. Learned a lot of things that laid a path for who I am today.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2018
Hertz had high call volumes which made the time go by fast, but if not you could take low call. How to assist customers and keeping calm on escalated calls. The culture was very good. The hardest part was trying to help the customer that was in a difficult distances of our locations, as well as service for a vehicle. The most enjoyable part was being able to get the service done that a customer needed.
Fast Paced, But not enough for them
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2018
just do your job. watch your back. most management are nice, But careful !! employee's are awesome when they work, Leads are lazy, except the people that care and have been there 20 years plus.
Pros
its a job
Cons
they will kill you
Hertz dba Dollar Thrifty
Supervisor - Accounting (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 6, 2018
Dollar Thrifty was acquired by Hertz in Tulsa and the change was not as comfortable as it should have been but all in all i am happy with the time I spent with both companies.
no thanks
Branch Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  hapeville,gaDecember 6, 2018
for the most part the training isn't hard. my coworkers were very friendly and helpful. I like my manager stephan i learned the most from him. Overall the pay could have been better and more opportunities for advancement
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Demands more; appreciate less.
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 6, 2018
While still on my probationary period, I was “encouraged” to help out the team with overtime, week after week. As a probationary employee, you cannot be forced into doing overtime. I came on one of my days off, assuming that a few extra hours would be appreciated by my supervisors but ultimately, they were not sympathetic at all. they were upset when I said “no” to more overtime. Whether you’re permanent or not, they will work you like a mule. Don’t apply, even as a part-time.
Pros
Payed weekly
Cons
Lots of OT because of understaffing
Low Pay, Poor Tech Hardware, and Poor Career Training for Management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 6, 2018
Managers are poorly paid. The computer technology is a joke.

It is very segregated. Operations are pitted against Customer Service. Upper-level management goals don't align with mid-level management. No one listens to the people actually doing the work.

There is a glass ceiling in place for the non-brown-noser.

Outside of the great car perk for Mgrs, Hertz is failing at providing compensation relative to job performance.

There is no clear job path for managers to advance, and they are left on an island to figure things out on their own without proper on-boarding.

They are ask daily to do a tremendous task at the busiest locations without comparable pay for the work.

Morale is low across the board. Everyone is looking to get out.

Lower level staff members actually train new managers, the opposite should occur.

Bad top down management style.

Lots of management churn. Don't expect to stay for over 3 years at any one location or you'll be stuck.
Pros
Car perk cannot be beat...
Cons
Too many to name..
ok place to work at
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
it's an ok place to work at...if you need a job quick and need to get back on your feet. they over work their employees and the pay is lousy. the management is one of the worst ones I've encountered. they ask for quality work and expect it to be very, very fast as well. i'm talking about ten minutes or less to detail a car, yes, to DETAIL a car in ten minutes. career advancement is slow to none, they will promise you a promotion so that way the person is inclined to work harder and for nothing. they will treat you as a machine and not a person. I only recommend this job if you need a job desperately and need to get back on your feet, but I wouldn't make a career out of it.
Pros
employees, work pace
Cons
management, mandatory-overtime
Very Busy Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2018
I learned a lot working a Hertz. It was a very busy work place, a lot customer traffic. I learned how to sell different opportunities to customers, such as upgrading them to higher class cars.
Commisions Driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Park, GADecember 5, 2018
Sales Commissions were definitely the driver in this company, however there were commissions missing more than twice from my pay, I did not get a resolve. There were things not handled properly.
Car Service Retail Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 5, 2018
Management was good. He was very attentive and good with his employees as well as the customers. I was part of management so he was definitely someone to look up to at work to make sure I am doing my job right.
Poor Management
VSA (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48242December 3, 2018
1.Management loves to harass
2. learned to clean cars in required time frame.
3. Management attitude very rude, dose not make you feel comfort.
4. NA
5. Dealing with Management lies.
6. Getting the check.
it was an alright job
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILDecember 3, 2018
I liked working there, the bosses were personable and they treated everyone well. The hours were great, the customers wer usually very nice. My coworkers were excellent
Good company to work for
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVDecember 3, 2018
Good company to work for. Varied responsibilities from day to day. Worked with the public to ensure customer satisfaction was kept up to give them a positive experience.
Great Expectations
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 1, 2018
I would loved to have continued working at this company, if I wasn't expected to clean the [filthy] cars in such a short amount of time, with supervisors standing over me.
Pros
Great overtime
Cons
Too much expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Hertz Corporation.

Powered by Comparably