The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 4,283 reviews matching the search See all 4,890 reviews
Ex phone agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 25, 2019
Working from home was the best part of this job. Great management team. Fast paced work environment. Optional overtime hours was a great perk as well.
Micromanaging nightmare
Rental Management Liaison (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 24, 2019
The hardest part of this job is having to deal with micromanaging management. They also changed policy so often I got whiplash. They make it extremely hard to just do your job.
Productive and fun work place
Special Service Representative/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2019
I learned about from working there. Was able to build a lot of customer service skills and meet a lot of people. It was a honor working with amazing people.
Good company to work for
Manager Associate II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2019
Career advancement is poorly and the pay is alright. As far as the work schedule, they’re flexible and willing to work with you. But for the most part it’s not for every one.
I would seriously say this is the Retail/Sales version of McDs, but you get paid better at McDs - and probably treated better.
Assitant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2019
Things always change in the Company, they restructure how you get bonus almost every quarter, they restructure how you promote every other year if not every year. They tend to overlook actual quality employees and will in fact, purposely overlook you if you don’t go out your way to do more, but if you do more you get no credit. You will get a fancy title but it doesn’t mean much and the pay isn’t worth the headache. “Assistant Branch Manager” $14/hr and you will be cleaning cars, rain or shine! 👎🏽 But make sure you dress professionally 🙄 The job posting said degree required but nobody actually has one, I learned 3/4 of my coworkers, my boss (Branch Manager) and my boss’s boss (Area Manager) didn’t have anything but high school diplomas; they were “working on” Associate degrees but expected new hires to already have one; just one of the many double standard, hypocritical things Hertz does/will continue to do - Good Luck if you decide to give it a try tho!
Complicated job environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 23, 2019
High stress situations, communications issues with fleet coordinators.
Price set often not appraised of on the realities on the ground. Promotion criteria not evenly applied.
Management is terrible and not trained in respectful communication with employees.
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reagan National AirportJune 22, 2019
The counter manager had a very nasty attitude and was very disrespectful to employees, speaking to them any old way. Hertz is always out of cars to rent, but they still expect you to make the goals.
Great Company
Concord - Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed working for the Hertz Corporation. The east bay management team are all excellent role models and teach you everything you need to know to be successful in your role with the company. Great environment to work in and great benefits/perks as well.
Pros
Discount Rentals, Pto, Sick time, Healthcare & Employee Rewards/Recognition
Cons
Some days you might have to help wash cars
Awful training. Had to learn from co-workers
sales (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 21, 2019
Spent two days on the computer reading the employee handbook. Training was awful and manager was not supportive. She wasn’t professional and discussed others business with other employees
Pros
Cool co-workers and easy job
Cons
No breaks
Poor
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 20, 2019
Lazy and over weight manager smells bad never does her hair bad teeth not effective no leadership poor training dirty break rooms employee are devilish bad vibes nothing positive
Good company to get experience
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2019
Management lacks, a better training system is needed for new hires, stressful work environment when vehicles aren't available/clean on time, co-workers are fine just the management system is not good
Hertz is a great company to learn and grow.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2019
Hertz is a great company to learn and grow. The opportunity to work with a divers group help you develop your skills as a manger. The benefits are also very good.
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 19, 2019
Very Stressful place. They lie toget you in the door.Then turn on you.Poor Upper management.Human resources is Not educated on Policy terms.Beware Policy changes everyday.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks
Nice place to work, if you can afford it
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 19, 2019
Great benefits and decent management. Unfortunately I worked there for 10 yrs with out any opportunity for advicement.

It did help me pay for the down payment on my fist home, and I worked there all through college. Only problem was there was no real room to advance. Lots of outside competition.

Otherwise it was a pretty good situation for a young man.
management
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2019
corporate management has good intentions, but the local management does not always see the same vision. There are good managers, who work to make the place better. There are older managers who just want to put their time in and go home.
Pros
managers get free car to use
Cons
local management
I loved the job
Emergency Roadside Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2019
I loved the enviroment
The staff was so helpful
I would work there again!
Lunch was always cooked fresh ans did not cost a lot
Working with 3 monitors was amazing
Fast Paced Work Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 18, 2019
Fast paced work environment, especially in the Sales Field. Days can be long, but the ability to work remote is very helpful. I enjoy interacting with different customers each day, and management has made sure to give me the tools I need to be successful. Sales can be stressful at times, but I enjoy what I do. My managers are good about communicating what is expected of us, and then we manage ourselves for the most part. You get what you put into it! Great company to work for, and I know I have the ability to move up the ranks as my career progresses.
Pros
Competitive Benefits, Company Car, Flexible Schedule. Great Management, Good Company Culture, Lots of Growth opportunities
Cons
Compensation, Work/Life Balance
fast paced
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2019
it is not bad work place! I enjoyed working there! stuff are the best! most customer are amazing! Managers help with the situation that we are in! the counter inside help find the cars!
Not a Happy or fun place to work, no enjoyment or fufilment
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2019
stressful place to work , there is no communication among management as the work day calls for, you work in small tight garages , not very safe & not very healthy working conditions in the garages that they share with other garage company's, they penalize you when you call out even though its your right to call out if you need to ,sick, emergency, personal reasons ect. your supposed to get an incentive bonus once a month but i have not seen a real bonus yet of $250 which is what it is supposed to be, the grace period sucks its only 5min which ridiculous when you live in NYC which 5 min is not fair it should 15min. they don't have flexible scheduling as they advertise I'm stuck in a schedule that i hate! & they don't seem to care they that there is nothing they can do & i have to wait till the next schedule pick & I'm at the bottom of the list they have a union which does nothing for you & a union rep that i have yet to meet, the vsa's are very underpaid for the amount of work that hertz wants us to do $15.25 is not making it in NYC . overall hertz corp is not a good job or company for that matter they do not care about the employees at all! that work for them & that's not good as a big company in the travel business they will always be #2 to their competitors. Also, you cant even get a real lunch break because it becomes so busy with vehicle return & transport trips & they do not like to have more than 2 workers in a location if they think they don't need but when your new to the company , they put you right in the fire & expect you be OK with that.
Poor upper management
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2019
Nice place to work, however poor upper management who do not obtain hiring skills to hire employees for the right positions.
Upper management do not work with or back up their managers.
Pros
Rental discount.
Cons
Late hours. Closing late.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.3K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight