The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 4,260 reviews matching the search See all 4,867 reviews
Productive workplace
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  John F. Kennedy International Airport, NYJune 17, 2019
Typical day at work would be clock in, retrieve vehicle from return station, on a busy day a manager would help out and bring a vehicle to the cleaning station to keep the flow of cleaning of vehicles
Fun and productive workplace.
Logistics Coordinator/Vehicle Repair Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix,AZJune 16, 2019
Great place to work. Coworkers are great. Management is very competent and helpful. Schedules are flexible and management is always willing to adjust your schedule to meet your needs.
N/a
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 15, 2019
They are not up front with information on the what the role truly consists of. Great team in Downey! ................................................
Pay, Advancements and Poor Management
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2019
The pay was really low for the work that we did, there was also very little room for advancements and we wouldn't be told about open positions. As for the managers, they wanted a lot more done than we had time. They also wanted things a certain way, but they couldn't even do them the way they wanted us to do.
Chaos
MT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2019
The business model is broken. ANGRY customers, angry Managers, poor training. You will be asked to sign contracts in others' names, have customers come in when you know you have no cars, and spend half of your day cleaning up cars that are absolutely trashed out. Customer satisfaction is not a priority, so if you can't handle people spewing profanity at you all day long every day, it would be best to look someplace else for a job. Everyone is worked beyond capacity. No breaks and in violation of several labor laws. What a nightmare company run by twenty-somethings that know nothing about cars and even less about running a business.
Horrible management, no training, no help, sink or swim company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 14, 2019
Management bullies, threatens, cuts down, condescending, racist and sexist

You're made a manager, then told to deal with it, learn a companies system on your own, no help, no training, then you're constantly being threatened with your job. They speak to you like you're a criminal, treat you with no respect. They expect you to work 24/7 and totally disregard your family and personal life

If you want to be underpaid, underappreciated, spoken down to and disrespected. Hertz is perfect for you
Pros
Free vehicle
Cons
Management, pay, insurance, work hours
No work/life balance, poor management, dysfunctional company
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 14, 2019
The job itself is good. It’s productive, busy, mostly exciting. I loved it.

The company is trash. Training is minimal and strictly computer-based. Upper management has no regard to your work ethic, sales output, or overall performance.

The employees are treated as little more than worker drones for a multi-billion-dollar corporation. Advancement is minimal unless you can afford for sudden relocation. We received one non-advancement pay increase in the two years I was there.

I would not recommend anyone with a family or a social life to make an attempt at this company.
Pros
Decent pay, paid time off, customer relations
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, minimal advancement
As a Transporter...
Transporter (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 14, 2019
The job was to shuttle cars location to location as needed for rentals - fun, part time evening work that allowed you to travel the state. SeaTac's $15 minimum wage law forced the company to restructure the transporters.
Good
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 13, 2019
Great company, would have stayed if not for the lay off. Great place to grow & excel if that is the type of work someone is interested in. Loved my co workers
The job was good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJune 13, 2019
I had the chance to work at Hertz in DR and it was a great experience. My coworkers taught me a lot about the work environment. It gave me the chance to show myself my own capacity.
Pros
People
Cons
Pressure
Poor management- lack of training and long hours
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 13, 2019
Hertz had poor management- training was inconsistent- long hours and no pay raise. Had to clean cars and meet with clients at local body shops all sweaty and stinky. Very unprofessional.
Workload varies by location, management was awesome
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 13, 2019
I worked for a small kiosk location at a private airport so my workload was much smaller than a normal, commercial site. However because of the amazing staff and managers in the area, I was able to run the kiosk on my own, 4 days in, with no prior related work experience. Many opportunities to advance if you can show your value.
Stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 12, 2019
Downside: Calling for cars all the time. Management hard to get a Hold . The original manager who hired me was better organized and available 24/7. Like when I was in management. Correcting wrong people and letting others be who should be corrected. As a people person enjoy customers fellow employees and workers at airport. Often I close but more daytime hours. Faithful for nine years. At least. For the most part worked with me for Ministry obligations.
Pros
Overtime, vacation time, sick pay.
Cons
Hard to get free for lunch breaks, stress of calling for cars.
They work their managers to death for years and then fire them.
Beaverton District Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 12, 2019
I was expected to be on a conference call every morning at 7:00 am , from my desk and have data related to each store in my areas performance prepared to read on the call. work until 6:30pm when closed and have another call at the end of the day.
They only keep a skeleton staff and very little fleet, you constantly have multiple reservations you cannot fill and not enough staff to handle the logistics of vehicle movement from location to location.
I was a salaried employee - no overtime pay and worked 70-80 hours per week.
As a branch manager i earned 42,000 i promoted to district and earned 48,000.
I got a performance/merit based raise 1 week before I was fired for an error I made that still could have been corrected. A new GM took over and fired 4 women fairly immediately, myself included.
Pros
I liked the staff that worked for me quite a bit and it was a very diverse group.
Cons
Seriously do not work here, they are awful. Disorganized, they offer little to no training.
Good rental agency. Good work crew and staff.
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 12, 2019
Moved cars around the lot. Transported cars to airports and other Hertz locations. I had a chance to sit in with the mechanics in the garage to further my knowledge of the maintenance of cars. The hardest part of the job was when we had several trucks bring cars in at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I worked with.
Very unorganized company.
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2019
A typical day was absolute chaos. Never had the correct cars in the fleet, forced managers to wash dirty cars for customers while wearing a suit, and no help from upper management.
Productive day
Branch Manager Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 12, 2019
very busy work environment, can be demanding, sometimes a challenge with unruly customers, bonus plan changes when employees are benefiting too much from it
Pros
hours
Cons
hours
Good for Experience Nothing Else
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2019
Hours are horrendous, barely having time for yourself or family. They overwork you and have high demands with no follow up on pay. They break you and not care whether you leave or not. All it is, is a company to give you experience that you can use but they take advantage of you on the way of building you up.
Productive and fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 10, 2019
In my experience as a former employee, I had to remain myself teachable and flexible in an fast-pace environment. I learned something new every single day, with sales, customer service on the phone and in person. I have became a greater problem solver, and interacting with customers from different backgrounds was a tremendous experience, thanks to the proper equipment and training of this company.
Hertz
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2019
A typical day at hertz could be challenging, with the organization going through changes and reorganizing structure, it made the job harder than it really was. I was able to advance from an entry level position to a level 3 position in the two years I was there. The work itself was not hard and for the most part very enjoyable. I enjoyed talking to customers and the adjusters and being the key player in helping them have an enjoyable experience. I have learned a lot with a call center type job as far as multi tasking, customer service in general and the different types of calls.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
micro managing is a big issue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.3K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight