The Hillman Group Employee Reviews

key packing production operator.
Production Operator I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2018
had to know the beginning and ending no. of production.had to know the type of keys and which plate to put on each type of key.pack keys according to order of packings i.e 4 pack or 6 pack. and had to know each type of playcon.
Pros
clean up machines and stations each day and i like the companys cleanliness
Cons
too hot.
its okay
Order Puller /Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 3, 2018
Good for learning new skills. Days can be really hot or really cold. sometimes the bosses run around like chickens with their heads cutoff. just keep your head down, and do what you got to do.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Not good company never ever appricate your work
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2018
Never appreciate your hard working. I been working there 1 one years I quiet ..management is too bad. Summer time you guys gone die due to hot condition.
Fast pace working environment
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2018
I liked working there but become to sick to work ! It’s easy just keep up with your number of picks per hour , stay on the work room floor and always remain safe ! The job is not hard at all
Average
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJune 22, 2018
Part time job with lots of driving. If you are part time like I was benfits are minimal while full timers get everything like full paid vehicles. Part timers are expected to travel just as much as full timers.
Pros
Steady but low hours
Cons
Part time
Good company
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 28, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The work/life balance is the best I have ever been apart of. I wish there were a better path to success but the current structure does not allow for it. They have been very flexible with my time and try to push extra raises when possible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
compensation
Hillman treats you decently. Lowe's does not.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VAMay 20, 2018
Hillman, as a company, is not bad. As a field service rep to Lowe's account stores I made okay money and the benefits were excellent, and scheduling is very flexible. However, the work is mind numbingly boring, consisting mostly of straightening displays and ordering product with occasional reset projects thrown in. Additionally, Lowe's is not what it used to be and has cut back staffing and training for their employees which makes the service rep's job much much harder, and can make your day to day work environment hit or miss depending on the store - and in the latter part of my tenure it was mostly miss.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, flexible hours and scheduling, pay for your gas going to work
Cons
Providing product support to a slowly failing company is stressful and frustrating.
Great pay great hours
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAApril 13, 2018
Poor HR and Management. Being Part time I was paid more than others but took a hefty pay cut in order to work full time. I worked there for 2 years only because the pay was good.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
warehouse lacks heating and cooling
productive and great company to work for
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 12, 2018
Got to meet a lot of new people, co- workers were very knowledgable and very helpful. Learned a lot about their products and what to recommend. Had to make quick decisions and if i ever needed help my manager was just a call away to help.
No fun at all extremely intensive labor and very segregated
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Colony, TXFebruary 17, 2018
No fun at all extremely intensive labor and very segregatedThe only reason I would recommend this job is if your flat broke I need money and have no other choice
Pros
Cons
This is a tuff place to work and pays employees very little money
Not a bad place to work at.
Field Service Representative (FSR) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2018
I work out of Chicago Illinois. You drive to different big box stores to service them. TH manager is a good manager. Coworkers helpful. up to date on technology.
Pros
No one over your shoulder. you work alone
Cons
Pay
nice place to work yet the money is not there
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 2, 2018
The company overall is great. The management seems to care and the work is not back breaking at all. If you need some supplemental income with not that much stress then I would recommend this company. It does not pay much so if you have a large family i wouldnt recommend it as the only source of income.
Pros
stress free environment, decent healthcare benefits
Cons
not enough money
Okay place to work but horrible management
Machine Operating Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Managers come and go like a revolving door. Never help with anything.pay is good but new employees make more money. Lots of overtime. Very boring work
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Very poor management
Stressful, drive up to 2000 miles weekly while making at least 30 stops.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2018
A lot of driving up to2000 miles weekly, a lot of monthly call cycles up to140. 3 weeks vacation, can’t take more than 1 at a time. Wouldn’t hold my job after on job back injury and 2 not my fault car accidents. You DO NOT get to come back after any short term disability payments after 12 years.
Pros
Fair pay, car and benefits
Cons
A lot of driving a lot a stress and pressure
Forklift Operator
Order Processor 3 (Current Employee) –  shafter,caJanuary 2, 2018
As a quick advancement from a order puller to a forklift operator, with already having a licence from previous jobs. A fast pace job great employee environment and understanding managers. There is no more room for advancement after being a forklift operator. Feel the need to expand in a company that is willing to move me up in a company rather than have me driving circles day in and day out.
Pros
allot of overtime
Cons
repetitive daily routines
it is a good job
Order Processor 3 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2017
it is ok of a job. you go to work and get paid to work. sometimes it is good sometimes it is ruff but it is ok and the pay is ok. not a lot of positions
Very good and safe place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
No complaints, The Hillman Group is a solid company and continues to grow. It is a very safe work place and the Leadership Team is heavily involved, but not over your shoulder.
competitive
Material Handler/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
Working at the Hillman group has been such a wonderful experience. Ive worked in a couple of warehouses in my time of working and the Hillman group by far is the only company that treats you as family. There training staff is remarkable and very precise on how they train you. The management team is very understanding and flexible. Every job inside of the Hillman group is very simple and easy to understand/use.
Pros
Work picnics, overtime, and pro-rated vacation
Cons
1 break.
Treat employees like they are worth nothing
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
Worked at a very fast pace. Never appreciated your hard work and dedication. Took all activities away. Never properly trained on how to run machines and were punished if machines broke down.
Appreciated the Experience
National Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
I gained valuable experience while at Hillman. The one drawback at the time was that as they were constantly acquiring companies, those employees were given opportunities not available to those that were already in the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hillman Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about