The Home Depot
67Average

The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA24 reviews
I enjoyed my job at The Home Depot; however, I found it be rather "political" and cliquish. They did allow me to stay in Hardware, which I am passionate about. As my first management position, I could have used more training.
Pros
Good products, good reputation
Cons
Need more management triaining
My time at Home Depot was short yet fun, we stayed at task and helped the customer with any problems finding products or help with cutting wood, we restocked our portion of the store and when the job was done, there was some leisure time to get to know each co worker, the actual work can be a bit tedious at times but there’s always something to keep you occupied.
Home depot is a great place to work.
Compensations and benefits are great.

Full time employees have to choose the work shift that suit their life style. Great Company to work at.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Home Depot provides excellent service to employers and customers. Employers safety and concerns is the company's first priority, everyone feels welcome at Home Depot.
Pros
Paid holidays and vacations
It was fun to work at The Home Depot. I learned a lot in a year. I matured a lot while I worked there. It was a very nice environment and place to work at.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I have really enjoyed my time with The Home Depot. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and I definitely recommend applying to anyone who is looking to make a career with the company.
highly productive fast paced. New skill sets are developed depending on what department you are assigned to. work place culture is always highly motivating
Everyone looked out for each other and its truly like a family. The job was simple, but you have to know your stuff because everyone treats you like a walking google. You aren't asked which mower you have in stock is better, you are asked how to mow this customers specific lawn that you have never seen.
Pros
good pay, friendly environment, easy work
Cons
dumb customers, one terrible boss
This is an awesome place to work for while you are going through college. If you want to advance you will probably get sucked in and regret it as others have.
Scheduling really stinks if you have a busy life schedule so i wouldn't recommend. you learn a lot about all home improvement not just your department. hardest part is working with customers and knowing ALL the product locations. best part is its an open workspace that can be fun
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad schedules, customers can be mean
People there work efficiently and they are nice as well. I learned how to not be afraid of using the intercom. The best part of the job is working one on one with the customers.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Limited hours
Home Depot is a fun workplace to be
It really only required to work hard and do your work and you also have fun talking to the costumers and also have fun with the coworker.
Cons
Short break of 15 minutes every 2 hour
Working at Home Depot was a positive work experience for myself. It was hard work that was rewarding. Typically the freight team would start the shift by unloading pallets full of merchandise off of the delivery truck, then designate the merchandise based on the aisles each item goes into. Then we would split up into aisles unloading the merchandise.
Ashburn Home Depot is very valuable to me. It is the very first place I learned about customer service. Working there taught me a lot about dealing with customers and doing excellent customer service.
The Home Depot is an easy work location. The work is not overly complicated and the staff is also easy to get along with. The job does require a lot of standing and walking. Benefits are available and the company has a support system to aid employees if they should experience severe life challenges. Overall, I would definitely recommend The Home Depot to others, good company.
This job is a great job as a part time gig, or for a young kid. would never make a career out of this job. but i had fun and met some great people during my time there.
It was a well run school. It gave older students the ability to go back to school for courses they needed to be successful. Outstanding learning environment.
The Home Depot is a nice place to work. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.The working environment is great.The only thing is, there is hours problem for part time associate. Part time associate gets good hours during the summer when its busy, but in winter its slow, where part time associates get less hours.
Working with costomers on a delay bases. I learned how to multitask more. Management was very kind. It was a joy to work with my co-workers. There wasn't a heard part of the job i enjoyed the job.
This is a Corporate driven company where you will realize that management cares about their own personal gains.
Pros
Cons
Unfriendly employees and Unfair managemnet
well im going to keep it short, i like waking up going to work being part of a good company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.
17.5K
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight