The Home Depot logo

The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

The Home Depot insights

Based on 13,190 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 55,531 reviews

No work/life balance, but decent people and pay

Home Depot paid pretty decent during my time there, but in my position there was no way for me to have a set or somewhat consistent schedule, which led to numerous shifts ping-ponging from starting at 5am to 9am, or closing with no real reason. Management was pretty good at my location and seemed to care about the people if you were doing your job right. Not a bad place to work, but not a long term one for me.

Pros

Decent people and pay.

Cons

unpredictable schedule, coverage

Only the strong survive

At least they cancelled the "fun" "Rewards" breakfast that you had to attend, even if you had to get up at 4 AM.No one could want to be a manager there unless they were starving - mandatory to work all night 2 weeks a year.They will never close due to snow, ice or tornado because that's prime sales time.They expect you to look all over the store for items way up in the air: like gas grills could be in the lumber department and hardware items in plumbing. Night crew will put anything anywhere: your scanner says you have it, but where the H___ IS it?

Pros

Most employees are nice

Cons

Customers think we know how to use these tools! No, we just sell them!

Outstanding Work Enviornment (for my specific store at least)

My time at Home Depot was short yet fun, we stayed at task and helped the customer with any problems finding products or help with cutting wood, we restocked our portion of the store and when the job was done, there was some leisure time to get to know each co worker, the actual work can be a bit tedious at times but there’s always something to keep you occupied.

Na

Home depot is a great place to work. Compensations and benefits are great. Full time employees have to choose the work shift that suit their life style. Great Company to work at.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Learned a lot, lots of training available

I enjoyed my job at The Home Depot; however, I found it be rather "political" and cliquish. They did allow me to stay in Hardware, which I am passionate about. As my first management position, I could have used more training.

Pros

Good products, good reputation

Cons

Need more management triaining

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Very friendly

Home Depot provides excellent service to employers and customers. Employers safety and concerns is the company's first priority, everyone feels welcome at Home Depot.

Pros

Paid holidays and vacations

Very fun

It was fun to work at The Home Depot. I learned a lot in a year. I matured a lot while I worked there. It was a very nice environment and place to work at.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Breaks

Productive and fun workplace.

I have really enjoyed my time with The Home Depot. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and I definitely recommend applying to anyone who is looking to make a career with the company.

productive

highly productive fast paced. New skill sets are developed depending on what department you are assigned to. work place culture is always highly motivating

Family Like

Everyone looked out for each other and its truly like a family. The job was simple, but you have to know your stuff because everyone treats you like a walking google. You aren't asked which mower you have in stock is better, you are asked how to mow this customers specific lawn that you have never seen.

Pros

good pay, friendly environment, easy work

Cons

dumb customers, one terrible boss

Jobs at The Home Depot

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Good place to work for

This is an awesome place to work for while you are going through college. If you want to advance you will probably get sucked in and regret it as others have.

Fun to work with coworkers but customers can be brutal

Scheduling really stinks if you have a busy life schedule so i wouldn't recommend. you learn a lot about all home improvement not just your department. hardest part is working with customers and knowing ALL the product locations. best part is its an open workspace that can be fun

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad schedules, customers can be mean

People there work efficiently and they are nice as well. I learned how to not be afraid of using the intercom. The best part of the job is working one on one with the customers.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Limited hours

Fun workplace

Home Depot is a fun workplace to be It really only required to work hard and do your work and you also have fun talking to the costumers and also have fun with the coworker.

Cons

Short break of 15 minutes every 2 hour

Efficient workplace where you are working on your own unloading merchandise from a pallet in designated aisles.

Working at Home Depot was a positive work experience for myself. It was hard work that was rewarding. Typically the freight team would start the shift by unloading pallets full of merchandise off of the delivery truck, then designate the merchandise based on the aisles each item goes into. Then we would split up into aisles unloading the merchandise.

Great company

Ashburn Home Depot is very valuable to me. It is the very first place I learned about customer service. Working there taught me a lot about dealing with customers and doing excellent customer service.

Friendly Team Members

The Home Depot is an easy work location. The work is not overly complicated and the staff is also easy to get along with. The job does require a lot of standing and walking. Benefits are available and the company has a support system to aid employees if they should experience severe life challenges. Overall, I would definitely recommend The Home Depot to others, good company.

its a fun job not career

This job is a great job as a part time gig, or for a young kid. would never make a career out of this job. but i had fun and met some great people during my time there.

Business School

It was a well run school. It gave older students the ability to go back to school for courses they needed to be successful. Outstanding learning environment.

Everyone is very friendly. A lot of things to learn.

The Home Depot is a nice place to work. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.The working environment is great.The only thing is, there is hours problem for part time associate. Part time associate gets good hours during the summer when its busy, but in winter its slow, where part time associates get less hours.

Fun energetic group to work with

Working with costomers on a delay bases. I learned how to multitask more. Management was very kind. It was a joy to work with my co-workers. There wasn't a heard part of the job i enjoyed the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

17.5K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Home Depot.
Powered byComparably

Compare The Home Depot with

Learn about The Home Depot in Ashburn, VA

See The Home Depot ratings, salaries, jobs in Ashburn, VA
  • The Home Depot
  • Ashburn, VA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?