The Home Depot Employee Reviews

39.1K
22.6K
11.7K
Found 35,238 reviews matching the search See all 38,222 reviews
Not good for married life family
Paint supervidor (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 19, 2018
Wife had affair as a, supervisor with
A lot employee for 7.months I told the store manager but he didn't do anything bit tell my wife to leave drama at the front door. The affair continued sad .I used to think home depot was great job for our family but no more
gg
Order Fulfillment / Heavy Machinery Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 19, 2018
Found alot of good people working in and running this joint. Would always return if ever needed to. Loved the time I spent there and the people i met. a very family feel to the whole place.
Fun work, poor compensation
Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 19, 2018
This is a company that at least somewhat cares about their employees. There are a lot of programs to help employees out when they are struggling in life.

I was a member of the MET team, which is a merchandiser position. There was a lot of fun work involved, like building displays. There was also a lot of boring, repetitive work involved. At the time that I was employed there, your bays per hour were the only thing considered about your work performance. It encouraged a lot of poor work practices, which then made people that took pride in their work look bad for being slow.

Hopefully they have improved upon their system since my time there.
Pros
Team oriented, lots of benefitial programs for employees
Cons
low rate of pay, political work culture, inaccurate means of gauging worker competence
Stressful workplace with high level of turn over
Paint Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Soquel, CAJuly 19, 2018
I did not enjoy working at the Home Depot. I was really happy when I was finally able to seek better employment else where. The management is over worked and stressed and is encouraged to make decisions solely based on profit rather than on whether or not people are good employees. Consequently the job is very cut-throat with little to no opportunity for advancement, or full time hours with reasonable wages.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
poor pay, stressful work environment, only part time work
it was a terrible position
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 19, 2018
I hated working here because people and rules kept changing. The pay kept changing too. The co-workers did not have a team-work spirit and was all the time complaining about everyone and everything.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Good company and good place to work, the benefits is OK only
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 18, 2018
Good company and good place to work, the benefit is OK only.
Managements are located in Atlanta where corporate office is.
Company should have better benefits such as lower medical insurance for family and more holidays rather than standard 6 holidays, may be 2 more floating holidays.
Pros
Flexible schedule - good culture and team environment
Cons
Need better benefits such as medical insurance, more holidays
Good pay but requires time on the road and working
Installation Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 18, 2018
Good pay but many hours and driving in my territory it is LARGE. Overall a good place to work but it does require many hours especially in summer and spring.
Pros
money
Cons
work life balance
Okay place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AK 99801July 18, 2018
First job. Was unhappy with short lunch time, but liked to learn new things about the other departments. Most customers are awesome to assist, but there are quite a few of them that won't be happy no matter what.
Pros
Can transfer to around the company if moving from one town to another.
Cons
n/a
Management kept hiring unexperienced employees instead of promoting from below.
Lumber sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJuly 18, 2018
Management at the cedar city location did not care about the turnover rate of employees as they would consistently underpay staff and would rather hire inexperienced employees in sales positions than promote from within.
Aside from my complaints about management the job itself wasnt too bad. I met a lot of nice people and was able to work with contacters and learn about products, material, and their uses while working here.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
management and low pay
Increadable company to work 4, 4 sure.
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2018
It was a great company to work for hands down my best friend used to work in management in California he knows all about everything in the retail chain?.
Pros
Great benefits and pay

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Good starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 18, 2018
Home depot had some good fun times while working there, but I decided to move on after having my son for a higher pay rate. I would recommend to young people as a starter job.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
seems dead end
It was fun while it lasted.
Delivery Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Working there was easy, but dealing with management was a pain. He didn't know what was going on, and constantly talked down to all employees, treating them like garbage.
Pros
1 hr lunches
Cons
garbage management.
It's good enough if you're complacent.
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UT 84003July 18, 2018
The job as a merchandiser at The Home Depot isn't very difficult. What makes this job hard is getting up at 4 AM for a 5 AM shift, and only being compensated 11.00 per hour for it, as well as the awful annual raises (only 30 cents at the most), as well as the placating management culture. Management expresses care, but the actions they could actually do to show it in ways that genuinely matter long term are nowhere to be seen. This job teaches you to be a grunt, and encourages you to be okay and proud of it. If you lack ambition and appreciation for your labor value, this job is for you. Realistically, this job is also good for part-time college students.
Pros
Set schedule, relaxed environment (subject to change store by store).
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, low labor value, no job advancement, okay with mediocrity.
good job to get back in workplace after being laid off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 18, 2018
This was a good place to work for when started but now I just hate to work there. The management does not support the employees. Supervisors and management are not on the same page with instructions on doing job.
Pros
success sharing check twice a year
Cons
hours keep getting cut
Traveling Merchandising Execution Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLJuly 18, 2018
Workplace culture is where it's at over at The Home Depot. Management and associates alike enjoy working there. The pay could be better, specially working an overnight shift. The benefits are grade a
Benefits
Cons
Pay
laid back
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJuly 18, 2018
I really loved my job. I enjoyed my time there. they have lots of tool on line to help the associates when in time of need. I didn't care for the way people are treated in the small town. they do have their pick of people the like to keep there.
Pros
2 15 miniute breaks oppion of 1 hour or 30 minute lunch
Unguided and Immature
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Copiague, NYJuly 18, 2018
There is poor management. Too many people in charge slack off and leave all the work load on those below them. Employees seem to be held responsible for all issues while supervisors and management gets away with wrong doing.
Pros
Thank You Thursday’s and Pizza parties
Hardest Job is beign a Department Supervisor
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omak, WAJuly 18, 2018
The hardest job at the HD is a Department Supervisor. You do every thing form an associate to Assistant Store Manager does, plus fit in all Department Manger duties. You may even be a key holder and be the Manager on Duty with no compensation in Pay. There are a lot of good people in the Company but It all depends on your Store Manager. Pay is extremely low for what your responsibilities are and the benefits are very good, but way to expensive. You can get better private medical for half what they pull out your check every two weeks. Also there attendance policy and time clock system is inadequate. Don't ever call in sick or go home sick without personal or vacation time.
Pros
Depends what store and who your Store Manager is.
Cons
High Medical Premiums, No Discount, High stress and work load. Low pay
Many changes within
Admin Assistant and Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  California, Texas, ColoradoJuly 18, 2018
It was fun and you can learn so much about everything DIY. For 20 years, I did just about every position in the multiple stores that I opened. It feels good when you keep getting promoted and rise up through the ranks. It was mostly a great 20 years.
easy job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJuly 18, 2018
very easy place ot work and become comfortable i was trying to work there for one month and stay for almost a year. kinda nuts how easy the work was but the pay reflects that.
Pros
very easy work
Cons
pay is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss