The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Cool place
South Ozone Park Queens Ny- Retail/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 12, 2017
Fun job. You get two breaks, A 15 and 30 minutes. It’s not a hard job. The rush can be a little over whelming at times but after a while you become used to it so it becomes fun
summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 12, 2017
Assist customers in any area of the store. Explain tools to customers if they are unsure how to operate a tool. Be able to assist with basic tool repairs. Make sure the store is clean.
not a good place to work
Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CADecember 12, 2017
A serious amount of favoritism and butt kissing goes on in this company. Thats the easiest way to get promoted. Hard work? Forget about it. All the guys who run the show are pushed back and just congratulated behind closed doors but managers take all the credit.
Frieght Associate (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORDecember 12, 2017
It's a good place to work but they like to cut hours. You'll want to find another job because it's hard to fill time here. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 11, 2017
It was a mixed experience here. Good and bad bosses can make or break the job. Friendly coworkers help too. If you come with a positive attitude and the people are friendly, this might be the job for you.

Management was dispersed among a few different people which made the typical day at work different and it was nice to work under different people.
Made the best of it
Tool Technician/ Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 11, 2017
Despite the less than acceptable work environment, I made the best of it. Not given any training on small engine repair/maintenance, I set about to teaching myself. Thru trial and error and book knowledge. Same applies to the electronic tools etc . Became so proficient at repairs that management sent me to other tool rentals in the district to repair their down tools and teach their tool tech how to fix them on their own.
Pros
Learned a lot about a large variety of tools/engines etc.
Cons
Too many to list.
Dun work place
Night Stocker and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Porter, TX 77365December 11, 2017
I worked there but needed weekends off so I left. It really is a fun laid back place when I worked there . If you wan to work there I would apply if you like customer service
Sucked
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLDecember 11, 2017
Terrible place. Awful management. Terrible benefits. No health care benefits that was affordable. Pay sucked. Management retaliation was a major issue,
Merchandising Execution Team (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2017
Great atmosphere, friendly people, great benefits. Decent pay, opportunity to advance. Ft or pt available almost always, good management, feels like family
okay place to work
INBOUND SALES (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 11, 2017
this is an okay place to work. My co-workers were fun and polite/
basic call center. I do think that the pay could be better for the amount of work that we do.
Great if you area a hands-on type
MET (Merchandiser) (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CT 06824December 11, 2017
start at 5am got out between 9am - 11am. had very brief interactions with customers. most co workers were very friendly and reliable. i enjoyed the fixed schedule and being able to leave early in the day.
Pros
decent pay, fixed schedule
Fast pace
OPEATIONAL STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 11, 2017
There are many options for employee advancement with this company. The opportunities are always available with the proper training that the company provides. Hard work and dedication does not go unseen with this company.
Nice environment with flexible schedule
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2017
Great company to work for with many benefits for full time employees and very flexible work schedule. Good management and great place to learn skills such as how to drive a forklift, home improvement, social skills through customer interactions, and much more.
Home Depot
Freight Worker (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 11, 2017
I worked on the freight team here and had a wonderful supervisor. The expectations were always clear and the management was never unfair about issues that occurred. The one issue I had working here was with other members of the freight team not pulling their weight. In this particular department no one could leave until all of the work was done and the store was back in working order. Unfortunately there were many times where other members of the team would not do their share causing the rest of us to pick up the slack
Fun place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 11, 2017
Fun place to work with management that was always accessible. There were sometimes were your hands were tied in what you could do for your customer should an issue arise. With creative thinking you should be able to navigate and take care of the customer. There were always days that the store manager would come in and cook for the associates as a show of appreciation and also he was very friendly and open to listening to whatever you had to say. Can not say that about all the managers but the main manager was great.
Pros
employee parties, success sharing, giveaways throughout the year
Cons
other managers not being able to aide in issues, passing along responsibilities to everyone and not taking responsibility for issues.
Fast paced and fun
Home Depot Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2017
At this job I had to really learn how to move fast and become very precise when it comes to counting items and being sure I have scanned every item. Hardest part of work was standing for many hours, which is something I can do, but it was tiring at first. Work place was very friendly and calm, co workers were easy to talk to.
I enjoy making jokes with customers and being around co workers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Long line of customers
Home improvement retail store
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 11, 2017
Home improvement and building supply retailer that provides a number products and services to consumers. Home Depot is considered the largest home improvement retailer in the United States. The company was founded in 1979 and now has location in the United States, Mexico, China, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
It's okay
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLDecember 11, 2017
Work place was a very friendly place
Management was very helpful
most enjoyable part is the other employees
the hardest part was sometimes the work load was meant for more the one person but at the time they where understaffed.
Productive,Fast paced,Competitive,Fun,ping pong table,gym,game station,basketball hoops
General Worker Associate (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CADecember 11, 2017
When i worked at The Home Depot Distribution Center,i was a carton picker/order selector so a typical day for me was constant production and Fast paced work.Working at The Home Depot Distribution Center I learned how to Lump which is loading and unloading trailers,I learned how to drive an Electric Pallet Jack,I learned how to organize a variety of different sized Boxes on pallet jacks and i learned how to properly wrap the boxes so they would not fall off of the pallets while driving with them.I also learned how to drive a reach truck which is used to work in narrow aisles of the warehouse for putting away or replenishing units in the aisles.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Incentives, Bonus pay Drawlings, Advancement Opportunities, free lunches
Great company great people
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 11, 2017
Great place to learn about multiple home development things also being able to be hands on with special products and material learning how to run special accounts with plumbing and other contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.