The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 1,225 reviews matching the search See all 47,140 reviews
Innovative
Operations and Accounts Receivable Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2019
Good place to work you make it what you want there.
Learned team work
Management showed favoritism
Culture was open door
Training was confusing as there were not real trainers
People most enjoyable
Home Depot
Pro Support Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2019
This a great company. I have seen many people come and go. I work in the corporate office where there is alot of advancment. This location also has a Starbucks and a CVS.
It’s not worth it
Flooring Specialist, & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2019
It’s way to stressful. Management doesn’t communicate, and not knowledgeable enough to lead. They expect way too much from employees and make yo their own rules and regulations.
Worst. Horrible.
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2019
It is bad enough working in Customer Service, but HD does not care for its own. They will harass you until you either break or inevitably quit. HD will always be trash. They do not care about you, your safety, or your life in general. That is why store 105 has one of the worst employee turn over rates in Georgia. I moved here hoping to grow and expand; however, the only thing that is expanding is my desire to warn everyone about uncivilized demands and dangers of Home Depot. I may be just one person, but the further you dig the deeper you'll find yourself in the mess left behind in peoples' lives caused by Home Depot. Save yourself. Avoid all business through Home Depot. Also, beware of all ASDS or HR's there in the store. If you aren't apart of their specified clique, then don't bother wasting your time trying to adapt. They will never help you out. Home Depot will always destroy the lives of their associates in order to promote their own name and brand. Even in the training videos you'll see that it will repeatedly tell you that they only want to be the number one home improvement store in the world. And believe me, they will do anything to get there.
Great benefits/Room for Advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2019
Great company to work for.
Hourly positions don't pay alot
Annual raises are very low
Great management
Health insurance premiums are very high
Lots of perks for employees (gym, groups to join, cafeteria, bank)
Volunteer opportunities
fun
Merchandising Execution Spvr (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2019
spent 13 yrs and there were challenges worked hard through out the years and made a number of amazing people who have made a great impact during my time there.
Behind the Times
Customer Service & HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2019
I admire a company that hires from within, but HD tends to hire unqualified candidates for jobs based solely on seniority/longevity. This result in poorly run departments run by individuals with no credentials to lead or manage people. Home Depot offers training, but it's often by the same untrained and unskilled "veterans".
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Hard to advance from the outside
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2019
There isn't a work/life balance if you are a store associate.
I would suggest anyone looking to enter this environment to do so as a part time associate.
Very productive, challenging, and fun . Great place to meet new people.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2019
Everyday was something new and challenging. I even learned daily. Learning from my customers, who sometimes became my regulars. Then there were my contractors. They could be extremely difficult. Wanting their order prepared first. Most of the times. I knew the orders and would prepare it in between orders.. they seem to like that. I most say , I did to; cause in the end. They showed or told me.
Senior Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2019
Great place to work, the company is really focused on their employee's well being. There are opportunities to advance within the company. There was always something exciting happening around the corporate office.
Absolutely Amazing Company
Project Coordinator, In Store Environment (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2019
I could not say enough positive things about THD. There are so many bright and driven individuals here that all have a common goal in mind. There is little supervision which allows room for new ideas to emerge and take root. Management is always willing to listen to new ideas and improvements to processes already in place. Great culture and wonderful leadership/ management.
Productive Work Environment
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2019
Structured environment with a lot manager, great company but a lot politics to move up within the company.

Home Depot provide two bonus checks per year
good concept flawed.
At Home Services Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2019
The intent was there for a good program however only certain people did well. Usually the supervisors favorites got the best leads. It was a very political program and I did not enjoy it.
Analysis, Audit, Solutioning
Manager Mobile Analytics (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2019
Good Job, just need a change. Current promotions being offered to outside talent. So to move or grow anywhere I will need to move outside of Home Depot.
Great experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2019
For the 12 years I worked at Hone Depot, I loved every one of them. Starting as a sales associate, the opportunity to advance was great, with me ending my career with them as an assistant store manager
Home Depot sucks
Order Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2019
Poor management no benefit to working here low pay no advancement i worked here and got my forklift license but got no raise and they gave me a ton of extra responsibility unbelieveable. on top of that they started saying i wasnt doing enough without holding other associates in my position accountable
Pros
its a job
Cons
Management, Low pay, Hard work, no advancement
Dream team
Excellent Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2019
The work hours where mostly 9-5 and made me so happy to have a better work life balance. They really take care of the employees and management wants to see you grow in the company. Hardest is that somethings are stuck in a weird long process that it's hard to get them to update it, other than that, great job!
fast pace
Retail Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2019
This was a seasonal job. it was fast paced and you were held accountable each day to get so much done. I myself had difficulty meeting the demands. people were great though.
Decent company
Online Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2019
Senior management runs the Online departments as an outsource company and doesn't comprehend that The Home Depot organization brand is a successful global conglomerate company.
Cons
Online Management style prevent the daily efficiency regarding the company job culture
Great company to work for.
Staffing Specialist (Remote)/Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2019
Home Depot has a solid performance in the home services business. Benefits are competitive. Has improved its recognition programs to be more inclusive and fair to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

514.7K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss