The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Found 289 reviews matching the search See all 47,107 reviews
No longer a fun place to work
General Warehouse Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2019
The rules don't apply to everyone.
They make up the rules daily. Mgmt sucks! Starting with HR. Attrition is at an all time high and growing. They will work the dog out if you for that little bit of mo eylittbit of mo ey
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Senior mgmt treats the supervisors like children
Good place to learn in a fast paced environment.
Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2019
A typical day at work for me was, cleaning the aisles and making sure everything is where it was supposed to be for the morning. I learned that people tend to be fast paced and want their issues addressed almost immediately. I never really spent a lot of time with management because I tended to work overnights. The hardest part of the job was when a customer needed something that I had no idea about, but I knew I had to help them out. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing satisfaction on customers faces when I answered or provided them with what they needed.
Cool workplace easy to get along with all your co workers.
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2019
It's a good place to work sometimes it's fast paced. Co workers are easy to get along with. You build relationships with customers by knowing them by name.
overall decent company
Pro Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2019
The company is good to work for, but a lot of favoritism. The promotions are not chosen by the most qualified but by favoritism. The company does have a lot of associate events.
Pros
Company events
Cons
A lot of favoritism
great commission
Millwork Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2019
great place to work if you can handle heavy things and is not afraid of heights the train you on every machine they expect you to know everything about the store but not move from your location
Stressfull environment
CSR/Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2019
My first store was stressful, especially after we got a new manager. My new store is terrifying. There is an armed officer at the door, and many staff members are rewarded for nothing.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMay 29, 2019
If you save money by hiring high school students that know basically nothing they it will tend to annoy customers. I am an expert in many fields and often floated around helping customers. The managment tended to go both ways. I had some I respected and some I did not.
Productive and good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2019
Its a good family environment to work at and great group of employees that love and enjoy their everyday job.Plus the drive is terrific, least to me it was only 12min away
Really Chill but fast paced, depending the department you work in.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2019
Loved the job but the management is pathetic. HR’s, Supervisors, And managers are very friendly at first but overtime became very unprofessional. Got Fired for not being able to reschedule my doctors appointment resulting me having 10.5 points which where the termination is proceeded. HR’s said one thing about the FMLA and says another thing the next day. Supervisor was never comprehensive. Manager gets an attitude for no reason. Unprofessional management.
Pros
Bonus pays every 3 months.
Cons
30 minute lunch.
hostile environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2019
At The Home Depot, you are left with a workload that is intended to be done by a supervisor because they did not finish it in their 9-hour shift. Managers are very unprofessional and they play favorites when it comes to young girls and they make them feel uncomfortable. While working there i was never thanked for all the hard work I put in it was always more criticism and not constructive where I could learn from my mistake but simply higher uppers talking about their workers behind their backs. It is a very hostile environment if you are young and not someone with power because you are see as less than. Often times you work a 5-hour shift and the manager gives you tasks that could have been done before you got there. Not only are you supposed to make sure the department is good to close at 10 but you also have the work load of the full timers who did not complete the work in a 9 hour shift but expect a part timer who was scheduled for 4 hours to complete it while closing the store. More times than other it will just be one person working one whole department and they work you even past your schedule and do not respect it.
Pros
breaks every 2 hours, closing early on holidays/ or closed
Cons
managers, no weekends off, long shifts, no recognition
Servant Leader
Specialty Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2019
My role is comprehensive where it encompasses staffing coaching and training associates ensuring their success in their role.
I lead by example bringing success for everyone especially customers.
I also resolve ustomer care issues on a daily basis.
Apart from meeting sales goals I encourage and motivate the team and keep them in informed of perpetual changes within the company .
Pros
Always acquiring knowledge
Cons
Work life balance
Bad leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2019
Managers and supervisors do not communicate well, ask to do one thing by manager and another by supervisor during the same time. Associates who suck up to management/supervisors get away with doing as they like.
Pros
Learned a lot of useful things
Cons
Bad leadership
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2019
It's an awesome company to work for. They believes in taking care of their people. The company give their associates room to grow with the company and become great leaders.
A good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2019
A good place to work but 11.00 an hours .the money sicks there .an you dont get your hours some weeks there but the work is easy an its hot an the warehouse but other the that its a good place to work
Pros
30 mins lunch
Cons
Just one 15 mins break
it was ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2019
I loved working with some customers and coworkers. The benefits are also good. But, they really need to improve communications,safety, fair pay, support,discipline and more.. I have more to say but, I'll just leave it like this. And it's not a really good answer either.
Pros
benefits, extra bonus, set hours
Cons
fair pay, communications, safety, lack of support when in really need. discipline. lies
Home depot MET associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2019
Home depot is a very good company to work for. Good benefits. Good management. Happy co workers. Flexible work schedules and and great hr team. Everyone there is always happy!
Pros
Discounts at certain storea
nice company
sales r (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2019
ok place to work. plenty of oppurtuinity to move up in the company if willing to move to another city, relaxed atmosphere with clear objectives to meet.
Great Environment
FLOORING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2019
I was not at this establishment very long, however the lessons that I learned in my brief stint will last always. Professionalism, respect, integrity. All qualities that I have always taken seriously, but this setting gave me a chance to to really see how those ideals worked in the "real world" so to speak.
Good work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2019
Good people, good job. That's all I have to say. This square will not be satisfied with less than 150 characters. So I have to write this gibberish to satisfy the requirement
Pros
Your home is your office
Cons
On call six days a week
ok
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Ok job but it can be very stressful the job had a big turnover. very hard work in the paint department. some of the management really suck. but you make the best of what you can do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

514.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Home Depot.

Powered by Comparably