The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Miami, FL

Found 346 reviews matching the search See all 47,107 reviews
The Home Depot is a great place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2019
After a few years working at the Home Depot I was able to learn a lot of the skills I carry with me today. From electrical to flooring to construction even plumbing. Love the cross training and the room for advancement.
Overworked
Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2019
They did not have enough employees and did not hire any new people while I was there. We as employees were over worked. The manager of the store is also very unappreciative of the work done by the employees.
Great company at face value. However, management could be better and more knowledgeable about certain duties and of what goes on in the store.
Order Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2019
Overall a decent place of work. Some requirements for certain positions are counterproductive. Often times there may be 2 people in a particular department and if one person calls out of work you are pretty much alone. The company however is pretty lenient when it comes to attendance and does give you multiple opportunities.
Hard working associates and friendly job culture.
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2019
Home Depot associates are hardworking. There is constantly bays needing personal attention. Which seems to help the shift go by quicker. With good leadership any company can be successful.
partys every other mobths
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2019
home depot was fun i wish i can go back good workers i really enjoyed working there i met new people and got new skills i was improving alone the way good job.
not that good
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2019
very stressful, obligated hours to work, no set hours, everyday will vary. Management wont stand by you. Crazy hours. Poor customer service. No advancement to next level positions unless managers like you.
Great benefits.
Customer Service / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2019
The store offers great benefits to employees and offers an amazing and flexible return policy to customers. Management could use more training in learning the functions of all departments.
Fun co-workers, can't say the same about managenment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2019
The most enjoyable thing about working at The Home Depot were my coworkers. We were always understaffed for being such a high volume store. The scheduling was always janky and unreliable. Managers were of no help 90 percent of the time.
Pros
Lenient scheduling, Pto
Cons
Job advancement is non existent, always understaffed, managers don't know what they are doing.
Unproductive and unfair
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 11, 2019
The managers know that I want to move up and still don't see me as a beneficial leader. Instead they choose who they want based on favors and favorites. I 'm at the point of just leaving because there's no point in trying anymore. My only choose's are to leave wasting more time or transfer and hope for the best.
Cons
Lack of advancement
Its life draining
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2019
Working there makes me depressed. Just the thought of going there the next day makes me miserable and depressed.The management sucks. I've tried switching to 4 different departments and every single time they gave me the same excuse "oh it's a full time position" or "we don't have open slots" within a month the same exact position was taken by someone who didn't even work at home Depot. Also management is up your behind for every tiny thing
Pros
I only work for the pay
Cons
Management, work environment, the job itself
You learn something different everyday.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2019
Working at The Home Depot has teached me how to multi task and how working on fast phase. What i mainly love about The Home Depot is that were all a family and we help each other up. I have learned how to be a leader towards my cashiers.
Pros
the associates
Cons
The cons of the home depot are the benefits they offer you
Everyday life as a cashier
Home Depot Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2019
Workplace culture is professional. Management is great. Typical day at work is me going to my register, signing in, turning on my register light and immediately calling customers over to help them and make sure they are having a good experience.
Slack with good pay but risky for your health.
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2019
A typical day consists of tending customer, making orders, learning about installation and other building and shipping practices. Management was deceitful and greedy. used employees to carry out not appropriate jobs and hindered growth for employees intentionally. Worst part was having to assemble orders for customers by hand, meaning gathering all the concrete, tile, tools, and pallets of items by hand since the make getting a fork lift licence impossible. They will not be enough when the medical bill hits because of a herniated disc, which they will not compensate for. Instead they will threaten to sure you with their high end lawyers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Health and Compenstation
Very fun place to work staff is very freindly we do get appreciation events forms etc. We get free food once in a while , its a nice place overall.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 14, 2019
Everything is good, although your manager can be good/bad you just have to roll the dice. Staff is amazing , you can make many freinds and they will always help you when needed , you never feel alone even if you work independently sometimes.
Pros
Free food once in a while, parties once in a while and events such as casino event for christmas and great benefits.
Cons
Not much just gotta get lucky with manager, they do push you to do a better job, so if you dont like people ontop of you this might not be for you, also they will write you up over call outs non excused
Great place but has since changed their vision
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2019
I think this company is a great place to work. I enjoyed working within the stores and creating such an amazing bond fellow coworkers and managers. I moved up with them and became very expendable. Not the type of work life balance I wanted but I did it anyway. I worked remotely from home and was a great benefit but found myself workin twice as much and affecting my family life. I feel the pay for the work performed should have been better but the benefits are very good. I still hold the Home Depot in high regards an amazing company. Just need to utilize all their training to better yourself and grow. Will always be home to me.
Pros
Training, growth, family
Cons
Pay, direction, poor leaders in certain fields
Set pay. Hourly wage. A lot of walking and talking.
Contractor Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2019
Good benefits for full timer. A lot of lifting and walking. Late shifts. Good product knowledge training.
Big store so plenty of employees and lots to do to keep busy.
Never a dull moment!
Pros
Reliable company with good reputation.
Cons
Physically hard work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2019
Excellent customer service, and provides great benefits. The company is geared towards building the communities they service, and believes in promoting within.
Not what it seems
MET Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2019
The lie that is provided that The Home Depot is a team environment is not known by the outside world. Management is only concerned about stuffing their bonuses at the expense of cutting part time hours and forcing employees to work by themselves within an entire department. Management supports favoritism around the store, providing awards solely to employees they are friends with. If you want to work at a place that will give you more money than the minimum wage, apply here. However, you will never be content with management. The issue with The Home Depot is neither the employees nor the supervisors, it is management who are to blame for all the problems within the store.
Pros
Flexible hours as part time
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism, small bonus
Its fun place
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2019
It will be better is they paid fair for the job. Need more associates. Its a fun place to work. Nice co workers. The health insurance is really good. Discounts to movies tickets, cellphones companies.
Pros
Some days off
Cons
Low paid
MET Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Helped me get through college. Many different departments and chances for advancement. The stores offer many employment opportunities. Easy place to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

514.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Home Depot.

Powered by Comparably