The Home Depot

The Home Depot insights

Based on 15,104 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

They care about their employees and patrons

They are a good company to work for.They really care about people there and want you to be succesful. They alsp pay fairly and managers are always available for help.

Don’t work there

Mangers care but only about what they do they don’t handle employee problems they don’t care I worked in freight and manager there was very Abusive with language and actions , and I bet that manger still works there after I turned him in to HR , my point in life is to go fishing , hunting , travel , Exercise and even have cocktails why work they don’t care neither do I ( that’s the biggest problem in USA system ) so don’t work at all take a stand if there going to treat you bad I hope they go out of Business when they can’t find employees !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Poor job

Cons

Poor job

Good place to work.

Home Depot always treated me well. As I chose to advance my own career the work life balance began to become unbalanced. My family began to grow so I needed more balance which Home Depot could not offer.

Good wages, mediocre bennefits

Long hours and moving shifts make it impossible to balance family life and work. This retailer is not innovative and tends to copy/steal what works well for others. They try to foster a values based company but nobody dresses you down on Monday morning over "values". It's a metrics based business; working in a smaller market disadvantages your career compared to those in a larger/hotter market. If you enjoy holding the paradox of a values based and Drucker style business simultaneously, you might enjoy working as a manager for this company.

Pros

The Money

Cons

The money won't make you happy.

Friendly Atmosphere

The Home Depot is a fun place to work, You meet amazing people every day. The staff at The Home Depot is fun and they are easy to work with. The managers are a great group of people that make working at The Home Depot Fun and worth it.

Pros

Amazing Team to work with

Cons

got nothing

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Retail

Its a commercial retailer what do you expect? Its degrading on a daily basis.

Pros

Cons

Low compensation, inept managment

Retail environment

My day started by driving the perimeter of the store to check on safety and security issues. I would then walk the inside of the building for the same reasons. I would also check merchandising on this walk to ensure everything was ready for opening. I then would check my emails and respond to any urgent issues. I generally would have an all store meeting to get associates pumped up for the day. After the meeting it was time to check on my individual departments to make sure they were running efficiently and that any problems were being resolved and all follow up was being completed. There really was no "TYPICAL" day when working retail. I enjoyed the associates very much and knew them all by name (even without their aprons on). The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting customers and vendors, they always had some interesting projects going on, and I liked to be a part of solving their issues.

Pros

customers

Cons

alarm calls when it is below zero and snowing

Decent for collage student or soon retire

Easy goning day. I learned about different products every day. Management will take care of you if you take care of them.My co-workers are the highlight of my day. Hardest part of my day is working with really upset people.Layed back

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Pay/Hours

The Hoem Depot is a great place to work with advancement possibilites.

The Home Depot is a great place to work. They provide plenty of training to succeed at the position you work. Management is always willing to help and provide associate support. Sometimes communication was a little off with too many people with different direction.

Work with customers on regular daily basis.

Work with customers as a sales associate and follow up on what ever they need. When time permitted down load stock and straigthen material so it would be presentable to customers.The voice of the customer, without it Home depot would not be successful.Good team atomsphere.Finding enough time to help all customers.The job in general, this is by far the best job I have ever had. i like working with people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

17.8K

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight