The Home Depot

The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Call Center Representative53 reviews
United States53 reviews

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 59,170 reviews

Was great when onsite, but remotely it lacks structure from mgmt.

Fairly easy job. Not super strict on ACW times like other call centers which was nice. VTO/PTO available and easy to apply for. However amount of PTO was lacking. 4hrs/month FT 2hrs/month PT. That's for the WHOLE MONTH. Kind of a joke. Also with it being remote you have to wait around for people to respond via teams if you have issues or need an override. Other than that it's not that bad.

I worked in one of home depots corporate offices. The management was great lost of room for growth in any industry. I had managers who started in the store.

Pros

2 15 minute paid breaks, fun work enviroment

Cons

Low pay

The Home Depot insights

Based on 26,249 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

If you can stand micromanaging, draconian metrics, and your paid time off being stolen, Home Depot Measurement Services is the job for you.

You accrue 8 hours of PTO every two months, for 6 days per year - IF you work an 8 hour shift. They forcibly changed everyone to 10 and 12 hour shifts, so if you worked 10 hours like I did, you now had to work 2.5 months for a day off, which cut your PTO from the promised 6 days to 4.8 - or rather, 4, since the .8 day is worthless because it doesn't cover a whole day.And good luck trying to report that. They don't care, because it was deliberate.

Pros

It was a job, I guess?

Cons

Backbiting supervisors throwing underlings under the bus to keep their own heads above water.

Easy and well-paid but boring work in a supportive environment

It's a pretty easy call center job that pays better than most in the area. Easy to get burned out with angry customers, but supervisors and management are very supportive and one never feels totally alone, even working from home. It's a team-oriented culture with all just-for-fun competition being light and low-stakes. Home Depot also got 97% of employees working from home within a month of the pandemic kicking into gear, plus there were no lay-offs and we have generous sick leave. Overall, great company culture.

Pros

Pay and Benefits, Supportive Culture, Nice physical working environment

Cons

Boring

Great Workplace

Great place to work, however ALOT of favoritism. Overall it is a great workplace. The training was good however once you get on the floor, you may run into situations where you may need assistance.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Bad Management

Good work environment

I enjoyed my stay at Home Depot to cause dinner everything was sufficiently done from training to actual production I learned a lot about Call Center information the supervisor was really good the environment the cultural environment was really good and the hours were good

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Location was too far Tempe Arizona

Nice benefits package, very low wage, way too clique.

The Home Depot during my time there was very biased in who they chose to move up the ladder. They had a friends move up all else stays where they are way of doing things. Perhaps it has changed but it is the reason I left.

Ok

It was a fast paced company that greatly initialized my skills and abilities. The pay was good and the hours were fair. The environment is settle just make sure you’re organized.

Very fun to work at as well as an amazing work environment

Taking phone calls most customers are very kind and all of the employees are kind as well. Everyone is included and supervisors are very kind. They care for their employees

Great job experience

Come welling to please customers home depot is big on customers service. Always keep up with the training and what's going on with products as well as any workshops that will be at the store that a customer may need

Happy and loved

I completely loved my job and the way I was treated. I was treated as family and rewarded for my great work. I would recommend Home Depot to anyone. Miss my job dearly

Work experiance

Everything seems great when you start working at the Home Depot call center. One you work for 3 years. No one really gives a heck on the work you do. If you try to move up the work place. They only hire people they like, it's not based on your job experience. The stores are horrible, managers are rude and some of the people that work at the stores are racist.

Good place to work I thought that is\t was really easy to make friends and to get help from anyone there. If I had to go back or if there was a call center in logan I would go back

cool place to work

My typical day at work is cool when i first walk in, sign in and start answering phones helping customer with their measurements. I have learned how to talk to customers on the phone helping them with whatever problem they are having. Work place culture is cool have no issues so far. My hardest part of my job is getting my check corrected every week but the most enjoyable part of my job is helping a satisfied customer and meeting new people there that seems to be pretty cool and helpful with training me.

Pros

they have free video games machine to unwind and to relax on break

Cons

MY MONEY!!! My pay check and hours not put in correctly

Production/Call Center Experience

When I worked at Home Depot Measurement services, they were transitioning from Measurecomp to Home Depot Measurement Services, at that time a lot of things weren't in order, a lot of unorganized management and unknowledgeable leaders. This is a great first call center job for someone transitioning into the call center field.

Pros

The open floor plan

Cons

Feeling as though you are changed to the desk

Productive and fun place

This job was at a call center and I had to deal with costumer complaints and tool rental credit scenarios, tool rental department for the Home Depot is overall good.

Creative work place

As a Home Depot employee you are exposed to a lot of creative ways to enjoy your job. Training was lacking and could have been more detailed but they do offer cross training.

Pros

Active workplace

Cons

No transparency

Lot's of fun and lots of hard work.

I loved this job. The GM and I are still personal friends to this day. I served as Call Center Supervisor and spent some time in the warehouse as needed. We answered incoming calls from logistics companies and arranged high volume deliveries to our facility. Additionally, my team systemically checked in every trailer and was the single driving force in determining manpower needs. Our team also handled a variety of issues from the stores that we delivered to. We were a Rapid Deployment Center which meant the longest time that product could sit on our lot was 72 hours. Our team was directly responsible for making sure the shipping schedules flowed as seamlessly as possible. It was a very fast paced job. I worked the night shift and we set the pace for the next day.

Pros

Great culture and people.

Cons

Constant corporate change made it difficult to establish consistency.

Working for Home Depot was great. The supervisors were wonderful. The training was very good. We had new training opportunities every week. The culture was really good.

Very committed company

This company is very committed to its employees. They love to say they bleed orange and they really kind of do. Very interesting place to work and very happy too.

Pros

Very perky people

Cons

Customers forget you are human

stressful, unappreciative

kept asking for more productivity and no additional compensation.They changed their product line and electronic database, required better workers to check the work of less qualified workers, and thus decreased compensation. I took a 10,000 pay cut with this management decision.

Pros

a lot of shifts

Cons

unfair compensation practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Home Depot.
Powered byComparably

Compare The Home Depot with

Career recommendations for Call Center Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Call Center Representative in US