The Home Depot

The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Customer Service Associate / Cashier1,725 reviews
United States1,725 reviews
Found 1,725 reviews matching the search
For being an $18 billion company it sure is not well organized. I was told that part time employees can get benefits. This is not true. You will be hired at an hourly rate and that is where it stays unless you go into management. After 6 months my review was exceptional and no pay increase.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at The Home Depot is very good and let’s me balance home and work with allowing me to advance in my career at Home Depot
Job was okay, they don’t offers full time right away but try to give you hours close to to full time. Great way to learn culture of customer service jobs
The Home Depot has treated us extremely well in the time of COVID-19. From compensating this with weekly bonuses for putting our lives on the line as central workers to providing us with extra time off for illnesses or to take care of loved ones during these trying times, to just giving us food at work to take care of us. I would strongly recommend The Home Depot as an employer. There are a lot of companies in this country that could follow home depot's example on how to treat its employees
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Rude customers
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Home Depot helped me balance my schedule and paid well. They have good benefits and often reward their employees with food. I didn’t enjoy the hours because it was very inconsistent and often gave me a lot of hours or very few.
I really like working at Home Depot nice environment everyone is very helpful I’m happy I recommend Home Depot hundred percent I feel so proud to be part of orange family
Work life balance great. Meet different people. Free lunch. Management are always there when needed. Consistent scheduling makes working great. Overall great place.
Good work environment good breaks encouraging staff nice managers uplifting people learn new things positive attitudes laid back friendly people good times
Pros
Breaks and good work environment
Cons
Working at Homedepot wasn't the worst experience I've had on a job, this store just wasn't
As busy as my previous jobs, the "Front- End support manger is vary aggressive and rude and when i spoke to a manager about it the excuse I got was "You're new its gonna take you sometime to get used to her" I lost it when she decided to talk down to me in front of customers over a cash strip because I used a Ten dollar bill.

Pros
Paid time leave for part timers, i got paid during covid.
Cons
You can't go to your car with the apron on, and the 15 minute break starts as soon as the other cashier sees you.
I enjoyed working here because of my co-workers and most of my customers were very kind. Some customers were very hard to deal with but always keep your composure. The only down side was some of the management is very obviously more biased towards certain employees. Too much unnecessary drama. I just stuck to my job.
I gained a lot of good basic customer service skills working at Home Depot. The coworkers were all great, the only issues really were the Assistant Managers and the Store Manager who all had varying opinions of how the store should operate. This led to a vastly different working environment every day depending on what managers were in the building on that particular day.
Pros
Bonuses, Good Benefits even for Part-Time
Cons
They hold you past when you're scheduled
Good management. Everyone helps each other. Great place if you’re looking to learn new things and advance. Hard workers are recognized. Works around other jobs easily or school.
I love working for The Home Depot! They're my second home. I feel like I'm not only needed but wanted in the space. There will always be someone looking out for you.
Pros
Food Pantry
Cons
Minimum wage
Good place to work, but EXTREMELY underpaid!! Good work life balance and benefits are great. I enjoy working with most employees but there is a lot of favorites played with management which makes promoting hard..
Pros
Balance of work and home, coworkers, benefits
Cons
Pay, management, advancing
I loved working at The Home Depot. I left because I moved and was unable to be transferred to the Dartmouth, MA store. When I was there the typical day was very good. Management was very cooperative with my needs in the Wareham, MA store. The hardest part of the job was dealing with (some) of the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was having all the information I needed to answer customer questions at my fingertips.
Pros
Good part-time benefits
Cons
ability to get more day hours and not being able to transfer to a new store when I moved
Worst place to work I don’t know about any other place but valley stream is the worst if you are part time forget about any hours you’re only get 15. This job is worthless not to mention the employees tuhhh.
Pros
Cons
Managers everything
I worked at Depot for 6 years and the last 2 1/2 have been absolutely a disaster......the customers are the worst people I’ve ever seen....they will cuss insult degrade and let you know you’re a piece of meat. The management won’t or can’t do a thing about It because all their only concern is what’s going in their pocket. And that’s another thing ....managers will spend days in the office or training room....you hardly ever see them on the floor . There’s a lot of good people who work at Depot but it’s only a job ...I tried to transfer to different depts. on numerous occasions but they didn’t care.They will run you ragged and it doesn’t matter to them. If you’re not a favorite of the managers you will have no future there. It’s a total disaster...
Pros
Managerr
Cons
Good location
I was in the garden department so it was pretty cool. We would have bad days where there’s too much to do and so little time and they pressure you to get stuff done.
Pros
Breaks, benefits
● Work-life balance
Very friendly and energetic environment

● Job security and advancement

Definitely a place where you can grow with the company

● Management

Management here has an open door policy

● Overall

Fast pace environment where you have to definitely be on top of your game deal with various attitudes and problem solve situations when dealing with customers
Working for home depot was a big learning experience as I got to test my abilities for the first time as a salesman, as well as learn about tools and various hands on activities.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
not the best pay for the work
Home Depot has a great culture, amazing benefits and seems to treat employees well overall. The one downside is they pay the same in every state. If you live in a cheap area this could be a plus but if you live in the Chicago area like I do it's a major downside. I work full time and still cannot afford an apartment in this area. If your not the major breadwinner in the household I highly recommend working here but if you are single and live in a higher cost of living area you will stuggle to make ends meet. On the plus side it's one of the best companies I've ever worked for great culture, amazing benefits and typically low stress.
Pros
Good benefits, good atmosphere
Cons
Low wages