The Home Depot

Found 212 reviews matching the searchSee all 56,391 reviews

The Home Depot insights

Based on 14,487 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and fun work

Highly recommend. Deliveries keep you busy and physically fit. Great benefits and pay. Interview went well. Great management team when hired. Tips are great and OT is time and half.

A fun place to work at

Home Depot has a great environment and a positive atmosphere. They can be difficult days but that goes with any job. Most of the time is an enjoyment being there.

Good environment, bad compensation

Everyone is friendly and helpful. The pay and raise opportunity is very bad compared to competitors. I took on more responsibility and been working for 5 years and only make as much as a new person starting at Lowe’s

Pros

Flexible management

Cons

Bad pay

Not very good pay unless your a bigher up, basically have to beg for a raise.

Not terrible if you don't mind getting paid a high school wage and ignored by management unless they need you. I worked at the Richfield location and had nothing but a good experience but this duluth store had done nothing for me in terms helping me go anywhere.

Pros

Paid 15 min breaks

Cons

Poor pay, dont work with you whatsoever on schedule flexibility.

Underpaid and overworked

Horribly understaffed, terrible management, and the typical bad customers in retail. Managers get away with anything and do nothing, half the store gossips like it’s high school drama, and you get no employee discounts.

Pros

Learn home improvements

Cons

Horrible pay and management

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

It is a good place to work at depending on the management structure of the store.

At first, my job experience there was pretty good. For the first 4 or 5 months the job was good however, after we started loosing employees during the early months of 2021, the pressure really gets on you fast. Unfortunately, since covid became a thing, I believe there needed to be a better training structure for new coming employees. You mainly do online courses, and then after that, you have to go figure it out by finding your team leader. Now, the online courses is really general stuff that every employee in every department has to do, but very little is department focused. Department focused training is on the sales floor training. I am not sure if it is like this at other stores, but at the Royal Palm HD, this is how it is done. The most experienced people quit from our department in the span of a few months, and training became a lot more tedious, especially for new employees. The time it took to respond from this loss of experience was, in my opinion, rather slow. It was really bad for the few months before we started getting new hires. To get the forklift or any of the licenses for the heavy equipment, you have to be on the manager's case to just try and get the online courses first. There is a trainer to help you get your licenses, but since I quit, I am unsure if he is still there. Otherwise, good luck on finding someone who can actually train you on these machines, and to finally do the test. It will take a few weeks or at most a month. It took me too long to finally get the courses, and I was very unhappy about that, because I wanted to be more viable ASP. Unfortunately, -

Pros

An active environment, decent hours.

Cons

Communication needs improvement, info needs to improve, training, a sense of belonging, and teamwork needs to improve.

Decent Hours, average overall

Store could be disorganized, hours were not too bad though. Pay was decent but new some people were not paid enough. Advancement opportunities were average, management was nice but disorganized. Culture was average

Alright place to work

Physically demanding and walking all day.Managers play favourites and you'll feel it if you aren't on their good side. Must have full availability no matter what position you're in.

Pros

Free lunches, cool people

Cons

Care less for the associate depending on who's in charge

Productive and fun place to work

A good high school or college job. Decent management and some room to grow. Like I said, overall it’s a good job for someone still in school or retired.

Friendly environment and lots of skills to learn.

I personally love working for The Home Depot, everyone treats each other like family. It is the friendlest place I've ever worked in when it comes to coworkers. Some customers can be pretty mean, but you'll get that just about anywhere else. There's so many different skills you can learn at The Home Depot that can give you experience for other careers. Skills that range from being a sales person, to operating heavy machinery like forklifts. I think it's a great place to develop yourself whether you are just working there temporarily or are looking to make The Home Depot your career. There is always opportunities to move up.

Jobs at The Home Depot

Delivery Driver positions
See more jobs

Great workplace

Home Depot is a great place to work ever since I started in late 2020 because of the COVID-19 since it's the only essential job to work in and not a lot of places hiring due to the pandemic. It's the easiest job to be in but requires help with customers for any concerns they may have.

Pros

A lot pay, more hours

Cons

One manager rude, no discounts

not a good place to work at not worth your time

I work at the home depot over an year a ago and I got the job to work in lot, and on my first day they change me to delivery without me knowing much, and the other workers are cool, and friendly the management isn't and I felt as if I was being over work i got in trouble once just because I was checking the time on my phone, and then the next another worker was on their phone for the whole but no one said a thing even after me and another worker report her to the management. over all the place is a miss, and isn't run well don't work here pay is fine 15 an hour but not worth it for how I was treated there I have so much more to say but I can't just stay away from here

Pros

Cons

many

No flexible hours

They will schedule you whenever they want not when is convenient for you. Management completely disregards employees feelings and interests. The harder you work the more they use you. Zero respect from management.

Always Busy

I am always busy and that helps the day go by faster. We are supposed to get orders completed within 2 hours of receiving them but often that is next to impossible. We receive many large lumber orders and that causes the orders behind them to get delayed (often over the 2 hour time limit) There are not enough certified equipment operators to assist in picking orders from the overheads. There isn’t enough space for most of the online orders we receive and as far as I know, there are no plans to change this. I have worked retail for a long time and I know how management works but my new supervisor needs a lesson or two in communication. Also, we need a phone to pick orders, they don’t have enough to get the OFA’s each one. Corporate controls how many phones we get but it’s ridiculous when you have people unable to do their job due to lack of a phone. There is no way of looking up the BOPIS (buy online pick up in store) orders without a phone.

Pros

30 minute or 60 minute lunches (which ever you prefer), Company Culture

Cons

No discount, not enough trained equipment operators, not enough First Phones, not enough space to store online/pro orders

Good Place to work

Its a good place to work, I have been working there for close to two years before deciding to leave. If the amount of hours provided was more stable I would consider staying. But the scheduling can sometimes be an issue as they can be short on hours, some weeks you can expect as little as 15 hours some weeks you can get over 35+ as a part time associate.

Pros

Nice coworkers and managers

Cons

Scheduling availability

It was a Job

Helping customers and working in different departments. Fork lift operator, unloaded trucks and loaded delivers when needed. good starter job for most cases.

Great work environment with many growth opportunities, the management is fantastic and care for every employee and customer

At The Home Depot, I learned a significant amount of knowledge as to how to operate machinery such as forklifts, how to provide the utmost helpful and considerate customer service, and how to constantly hold myself to a higher standard in terms of productivity (that will play a large role in my success in future occupations). The job culture is fantastic and it's easy to make great friends with the other employees. The management is the best I have ever experienced from both, an employee's and a customer's perspective. They reward employee's for their hard work by providing periodical meals (usually catered in from places such as Buffalo Wild Wings), and ensure that each customer has been more than pleased with their shopping experience. The benefits are fantastic and demonstrate the company's genuine care for its employees. The amount of personal and professional growth that I witnessed from when I worked at The Home Depot is unmatched. I would undoubtedly recommend anyone who finds satisfaction in a hard day's work to apply at The Home Depot.

Pros

Free meals, great management and work culture, amazing benefits, many opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible scheduling

Cons

Expect to work hard

overall upbeat company and employees

Overall I had a great time working as a temp at the HD, excellent holiday events great working atmosphere but the only major con that comes to mind is you're on your feet all shift so get some comfy insoles. oh and the holiday music will drive you up the wall.

Pros

good atmosphere, great if you want to get your steps in, generally good customer interactions

Cons

unbearable holiday music, almost always on your feet and lifting

Not a recommended career job

Low pay, poor benefits, they pay in 15 minute intervals, so if you punch out at 7 minutes in a 15 minute block of when you started--- NO PAY, for that 15 minutes. They terminate you for petty stuff seen it numerous times, Insurance sucks, Micro Management to the extreme. Very POOR pay raises do not cover cost of living. Very aggressive to saying or doing something to a employee for and no retaliation, by mgmt. What I learned NEVER work for Home depot. The best part is if you start at correct time of year they give profit sharing checks, based off of how long you've been there, total hrs worked and gross pay. but it's very minimal. Very long hiring process, usually 2 months !!!!!!

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Management MICRO MANAGES you routes etc

Solid Place to start

Good opportunity to get some experience and learn a few new tips and tricks. The issue is they have minimal opportunities at this location for full time employment.

Pros

Good part time hours

Cons

not enough full time opportunities

Fun sometimes other times an absolute nightmare

Good place to do a summer job and that's about it. As a worker there it took me too long to realize that you are expendable to the company at any second. Major favoritism from managers, no real room to grow. Definitely a political place to work at also, alot of drama between associates constantly.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes

Cons

Too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

17.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Home Depot.
Powered byComparably

Compare The Home Depot with

Career recommendations for Delivery Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • The Home Depot