The Home Depot

The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Freight Team Associate

Freight Team Associate1,629 reviews
United States1,629 reviews
Found 1,629 reviews matching the search
Working at Home Depot was a positive work experience for myself. It was hard work that was rewarding. Typically the freight team would start the shift by unloading pallets full of merchandise off of the delivery truck, then designate the merchandise based on the aisles each item goes into. Then we would split up into aisles unloading the merchandise.
I was part of the MET team department where I would travel with my team from store to store, cleaning andvrestocking the shelves based on the planagrams layed out for each aisle. I needed a job, as I just moved to NYC and took the first thing available, but it indeed was a dreadful job. I hated it. Just boring fixing shelves and restocking items all morning from 0500-1300 daily. Well, that only lasted 6 months before I got laid off due to the Met team department being dismantled, and the jobs going to the store agents. By then then I had moved onto to my normal career in aviation.
Pros
Early shift, free up the day for other opportunities.
Cons
dead end job
I love working at the Home Depot they really know how to take care of there employees. I also got to work with great people and what it feels like to actually have a team that works together and is on the same page
I would recommend home depot for anyone. I enjoy working here especially because of the people I work with. It has a family like vibe at work. Home depot gives you everything you need to succeed.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I loved working for the freight team. Even though it was over night. I loved working on a machines and helping out customers when I needed to.customer service is great.
Pros
Forklift work and freedome
Cons
low pay
Overnight work changes your entire schedule around, so you no longer have time to do anything on your days off since you sleep during the day. It's an alright pay but not enough hours and they only have a certain amount of full time positions so there's a lot more useless people working part-time when they could be promoting quality workers instead of going for quantity on the amount of workers they have.
Cons
20 hrs at most a week if you're part time
The Home Depot is by far one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. They have knowledgeable managers who appreciate you as their employee. I recommend The Home Depot.
Pros
Free lunches every now and then. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
they respect you and your life. They encourage you and understand situations. Everyone works well together. The care about your safety. I am not concerned with big advancement opportunities here but overall the job is content to me. They are very good to their people.
This job is okay if your not looking for permanent work but if you want to be with a company to move up in keep looking this job is not a job you will move up in pay sucks for the amount of work they have you doing no training at all either the people I worked with was cool but managers sucked.
Pros
Workers are cool
Cons
Managers suck
Many opportunities to advance into other areas of work. Lots to learn and learning tools available. Flexible hours if you need it. Diverse culture and nice people.
The typical day at work consist of unloading freight from a 18 wheeler truck i've learned that seasonal employees have no consistency in hours. The work place culture is a if its not happening to me in a positive way the co-workers don't care. The hardest part about the job when your assistant store manager has no accountability for his own actions.. The most enjoyable days at the job is going on break.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
Working at home depot was very rewarding for me during my temporary service. However when it came time to be offered a permanent position corporate just sat back and looked at a piece of paper and never saw the person. They never inquired information from management about work ethic even after given a homer award for excellence.
Home Depot is a great job with many new tasks every day. The management is outstanding and is always there for you. Also on the freight team you work with a team and help get every thing successfully finished/put away in a timely manner.
great place to work clear career path how to get to your goals wish they paid more learned a lot while i was there....... .........................
Pros
everything
Cons
Great people. Flexible hours. Great benefits. Community service. Pay could have been better. Growth opportunities. Family oriented great management team.
It was a rough workplace. The company has a high turn over. They want mediocre, questionless, and loyal workers for remedial tasks. The good workers carry most of the load and the others fill Home Depots hiring quotas. Management is extremely poor. Turn over is also very high. Management is rarely held accountable, shifting the blame to the associates 9 times out of 10. If you are looking for a place to work for one summer, or even for one year, The Home Depot may be for you. However making a career out of The Home Depot may be totally disappointing, despite the incentives, benefits, and other program offerings that are appealing on paper.
Pros
Employee Stock Program, 401K Matching, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Vulgar management communication, Talking down to employees, Little supervision, Most responsibility falls on associates not their managers, Social environment is "highschool-like", Customer service lacks, Poor training, Lack of machine certifications.
As a freight associate, we do most of the atocking around the store. There's some hard working nights, and there's easier nights. It's a fast paced job that gets little to no recognition.
Cons
No recognition.
● Work-life balance
The management is very nice and you're basically treated like a family.

● Overall

The Home Depot is a very good work opportunity if you are looking for experience. They have taught me how to drive heavy machinery and how to communicate better in a professional work environment.
In freight, you join the team and are expected to pull your weight. Everyone approaches the job a little differently but the only thing that really matters is working all the freight on time. How you work to get that done, so long as you're working, is up to you.
Pros
Hour lunch, two breaks, no coddling, helpful team members, accountability.
Cons
Repetitive work.
Working for The Home Depot is an awesome wonderful rewarding job. You'll love the the customer's as well as the employees and managers. I'll love to work here again.
Pros
Employee Discounts, lots of hours, meeting new people and working different departments to gain knowledge.
Cons
Mangers care but only about what they do they don’t handle employee problems they don’t care I worked in freight and manager there was very Abusive with language and actions , and I bet that manger still works there after I turned him in to HR , my point in life is to go fishing , hunting , travel , Exercise and even have cocktails why work they don’t care neither do I ( that’s the biggest problem in USA system ) so don’t work at all take a stand if there going to treat you bad I hope they go out of Business when they can’t find employees !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Poor job
Cons
Poor job