The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 43,460 reviews matching the search See all 47,107 reviews
It’s not worth it
Flooring Specialist, & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2019
It’s way to stressful. Management doesn’t communicate, and not knowledgeable enough to lead. They expect way too much from employees and make yo their own rules and regulations.
Management is horrible
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 15, 2019
I worked at a specialist and only on the weekends. I could never count on the mangers for help. Everytime I called to ask for assistance they gave me vague instructions and quickly hung up. One of them would give me an attitude. They are not the least bit flexible with how many hours you want to work or when you want to work. They don't pay you commission, but you have to meet a salee quota. Some of the other specialist are rude. This place just plain sucks to work at.
Productive, fast passed depending on the day and friendly coworkers/mangment
Lumber and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 15, 2019
Great company to work for and grow in if retail is your thing, would recommend to anyone getting out of high school or in college and if they like they can further their career in marketing, sales and mangement
28 years and counting
Customer Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 15, 2019
I have been with the company 28 years and counting. My history
With the company has been varied and exciting. Have worked with hundreds of diverse people and have learned more that the average person
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 15, 2019
If your looking for a fulltime position home depot is not the place. You have to work there 2 plus years just to get fulltime. I only worked 4 to 5 hours a day and my paycheck wasn't even enough to pay half my rent. This job is for kids that dont have responsibilities.
Poor Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 15, 2019
not enough help in all departments, very poor security against theft. People just walk right out the door with high dollar items and you can't stop them. Cost the company hundred of thousands of dollars every month.
MET Team Member
Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2019
Home Depot is a good company to work for. Good culture and great people to work with. Lots of different personalities. I dont think I would enjoy a position as a store associate but working on the MET team is usually fun and a more family feel within the team. It can be a physically demanding job at times but for the most part its a decent job and I'd do it again.
Fun workplace
Department Supervisor of customer service (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 15, 2019
Good place to work. I feel they do not pay enough for supervisors. I overall enjoy working there but it is a tedious and boring position. All negative accounts is just how i feel do to being a server for so many years that at times not running around and constantly moving bothers me. The job is overall great and the work place is fun.
MET supervisor at home depot
Merchandise Execution Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 15, 2019
Great company to work for had many opportunities to learn new things, excelled in customer service and in managing associates. I have a lot of experience in several aspects of the business.
Professional and productive
Sales Assiciate (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJuly 15, 2019
My best Job ever. I appreciate a professional place to work.
Management is well trained and truly mentors work force.
Home Depot is a safe clean proffesional place to work providing excellent customer servive.
Love the culture
Fork lift operator and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLJuly 15, 2019
The work culture is amazing, everyone for the most part has a lot of respect and they do not judge you or discriminate you by what you look like. Very casual and they provide you with aprons and equipment as well. The only downside is the, they do not pay well enough for you to survive.
Paint department
associate (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 15, 2019
I worked at the paint department mixing paint and helping customers with the paint problems I learned a lot about paint and the quality of the different type of paint
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 15, 2019
I love working for the homedepot it's very educational and it works well for me and my family. Homedepot is a great place I'd you wanna move up on a company and gain management skills.
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time there. They worked with me while I was in the middle of relocating. We had a new supervisor and unfortunately he let me go because of missing days but was a great place.
Cool place to work when you need something temporarily. But definitely not a career job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJuly 15, 2019
Over worked and underpaid is the only two words i can describe working for home depot. This is long term for people that are old and have no future. Young people cannot stay here because its better things to do than be there. management barely cares, or help. Co-workers are either lazy or selfish.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, Disrespectful People
Good place to grow but wouldn't stay to long
Freight Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJuly 15, 2019
The "lifer" at HD has been there since before the pay structure changed dramatically in 2014. very few positions are available at the Full Time level you have to be promoted into a full time position.
My job was in sales and i worked in the receiving dept as a sales person it was tough because there was no incentive to do your best, there was no pay recognition for beating sales goals. The only recognition I received was for safety and customer service and it was not a monetary recognition.
Great customer networking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 15, 2019
Greet customers with a smile. Maintain orders for customers be patient and kind to customers. Work environment was friendly and fun and great teamwork.
Decent Place To Work
Vendor Inspection (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 15, 2019
Was a good place to work. Employees were treated fairly. Always had food catered for doing well during a quarter. Training was not done very well. I didn't receive training right away.
Ehh
Specialist (Current Employee) –  7007 narcoossee rdJuly 15, 2019
It was good for college now I'm just done with the place management sucks. I would say if you can work somewhere else work there instead. This is only an okay job if you are part time once you go full time no regard for you or your time
Home Depot
Luber/building materials (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 15, 2019
It was an enjoyable experience and I would recommend working there. Really nice people really good environment to grow and make friends, while also learning new skills and provide Excellent customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

514.7K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight