The Honest Company Employee Reviews

Company going down hill, cant survive on the pay.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2018
Been at Honest for a a little less than three years and it has been very up and down. The coworkers are wonderful, free snack, good products, but many problems. First if you are not motivated in working in Client Services and making commission dont do work here. The pay is very low, that I am not sure how people survive in California. The is so much that has to be fixed internally in the company as well thus making it harder on Client Services reps. If a product is discontinued ( which happens very frequently) let remove it from the site rather than it being on their for half a year. If we a no longer offering a free bundle after cancelling a bundle, why is that option still offered online. There are so many tech issues with the app and website, that it is completely understandable when there are high wait times that Client Services get the brunt of. Industry standard the pay is really low for the amount of work done. I just challenge Honest to work harder on fixing these internal issues so the members can be helped quickly and the workers can feel valued.
Pros
Snacks, Discounts on products, nice co workers
Cons
short lunch, very low pay compared to other Customer service roles, stressful days with difficult members, lack of advancements
The people are great and the work environment is pretty laid back.
Driver I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2018
Helping to close out waves in order to fulfill customer orders. I learned the importance of completing each wave and attention to detail. One mislabeled product can ruin an entire order. There's nothing really difficult about the job.
Pros
Decent breaks.
Cons
Lack of conversion when you're coming in as a temp.
productive and they relaxed atmosphere as long as your work was in order with the output requirements .
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2018
As I stated previously I thoroughly enjoyed my employment at the Honest company however it was my "get back to work" mentality that got me terminated being employed thru a temp agency has it's setbacks.
Pros
treated with respect and dignity!!!
Cons
very few cons other than minding your own business.
Micromanaging is next level. Management couldn't care less about the employees. No career advancement available.
Senior Client Service Specialist - Email (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAMay 11, 2018
Days are redundant and provide no challenge or purpose. Department as a whole is very unorganized and everything presented to employees is "subject to change." Culture is going from bad to worse. Perks disappearing daily.
Pros
401K, Monthly Fitness Reimbursement, some snacks, Healthcare, Stock Option.
Cons
Everything else with emphasis on lack of growth all around.
Fun place to really enjoy your self at
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2018
When I first started working there I knew I was going like it and I did 💯 I loved that job like fr
All the workers and employees make you feeel welcomed and all 💯 I loved coming to work and I was working 3am to 3:45 pm with no problem 💯 I didn’t complain or nothing ‼️
Only reason I don’t worked there no more cause my assignment ended but if it never ended I swear I would still be there
Very busy workplace - unfortunately poorly managed
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAApril 4, 2018
When I began working at The Honest Company it was a great work environment. Unfortunately, most of the management team left to pursue other opportunities after missed buyout bid. The company quickly crumbled.
Productive and comfortable environment to work at.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2018
Very productive workplace and comfortable to always be at work and on time. Management was very helpful and understanding of everyone . Fast paced and great and fun working people.
Great Until New CEO
DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC SOURCING AND PROCUREMENT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Best place I ever worked until current management started. They have ruined the culture and the company. It was a start up with a mission that helped people and made money. Now they are money grabbing and ruining the culture and the mission to achieve it. What makes it worse is that they have no idea how to do that.
Overall great company to work for
Client Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Started at Honest as my first job - great company culture, they hired talented people, and had amazing healthy benefits. The department I worked for had limited career advancement and did not pay well.
No room for growth
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Promised opportunity to learn and in reality those options are limited.

No yearly raise, incentives are not tempting enough to justify the type of things requested of workers.
good company helps you grow
ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 27, 2017
they give you the opportunity to move forward and learn new things always worrying about the workers being well. they gave us 5 free items every month and also they celebrated those who were years old
Pros
free lunches, every motth they gave us 5 free items and freedom fridays, ever year we get a rise .
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Control Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 21, 2017
The quality control department had strong a management team. They helped me grow by often teaching/training new processes and giving me constant opportunity to develop myself professionally.
Pros
Free lunch
Good environment
General Laborer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 27, 2017
I loved working at the honest company! The honest helped me build the skills that I gained and helped me be confident about the working skills . All management I worked with was awesome .
Great, friendly company culture
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2017
The Honest Company has a friendly and welcoming culture, with many happy employees. There are a lot of challenges for a developer but the pace is not as fast a startup. Additionally, much of the development is on a legacy app which has been gathering bugs for years.
Good place to grow in.
Operations Beauty lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 18, 2017
Very good work inviorment.Fast paced,multi tasking.Very good place to grow proffesionally.Learning and developement,they switch you up to try new things.
Pros
monthly giveaway
Cons
company is moving to Vegas
Good for the name
Client Service Rep / Acquisition Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
Amazing space, but generally people to not like organization and pay. People are the best part of the job. Culture has dies a bit but they try to revive it here and there.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Pay
Interesting Tech Atmosphere at a non-Tech company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2017
First and foremost Honest is about their products, as any retail/product company should be. Despite this fact they had a large technology team working on maintaining their web presence and built their own backend for their Customer Service (in house) team to easily take care of customer issues. The downside of it not being a tech company means that there is a lot of focus on sales, and the tech team can be affected by things outside of their control, or deal with issues unrelated to the product the tech team maintains. Overall though the culture is a pleasant one and the people were amazing to work with.
Pros
Relaxed culture, easy going management, friendly employees
Cons
Product focus (not a tech company), co-founded by a famous person
loved the game room
Quality assurance trainer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 2, 2017
I have no complains about these company,all i could say is that its a great place to work at everyone is friendly and helpful,has great opportunity to learn a lot
Pros
will get free 5dollars lunch from the lunch truck every day
Cons
working sundays
So much potential executed poorly
Tech (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2017
Honest had so much potential to be a great company. The problem is that they focus way too much on launching a million projects at once and not really focusing on one or two projects that could be carried out smoothly. Management sucks- there are a few that I would say were the stars that you could count on, but otherwise, don't count on anyone having your back here. It's hard to advance within the company if you don't go to enough happy hours and there is a lack of professionalism. Still love the mission of the company and the benefits are great, but they seriously underpay here and expect you to give 1000% of your life through overtime.
Pros
young and positive environment, benefits
Cons
management, lack of growth
Great company culture, some growing pains.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
Lots of young & motivated people work here. The company is growing fast, so there are some growing pains. A new CEO recently came onboard, so the new strategy & company vision is continuing to be improved upon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Honest Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight