The Hoppy Monk

Working at The Hoppy Monk: 6 Reviews

United States6 reviews

Used to be a great place to work.

Management started going downhill early 2021, and has gradually gotten worse and worse every month, making it a very toxic workplace for the FOH but especially bar staff. Bartenders are under paid and not in control/charge of their own money.

Horrible place to work at

You work and work but really don’t get paid. The tip out is 30% of total tips and it takes a month to get paid. The environment is weirdly strict for what you deal with on a daily basis.

The Hoppy Monk insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Best place I've ever worked.

I have no negative feedback about this company. I loved the job, I loved the people I worked with, I loved the company's values, I loved the detailed trainings, I loved their care for their employees.

Family owned

Good place to work, welcomes new ideas on menu options, completly scratch kitchen, work hard play hard, if you are dual language you will have an advantage

Productive Kitchen and Fun place to work

This company was fun to work for. It was cool that they only offered small brewery beers and liquours. It was fun to cook the exciting menu. The management was great as well.

The best place to work

Honestly there's not much bad to say about this place. The management was understanding, sharp and incredibly helpful. When we got busy, they would step in and help without expecting any compensation. My coworkers were fun, energetic, and we all got along really well. The best part could potentially be its only downfall. We sold only independent craft beer so it was could get a touch pretentious. However, I think mostly it was just a culture of caring about well-crafted things. You know a lot of love went into the products and service we provided. I would love to work at a place with this culture again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hoppy Monk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits