The Hospital of Central Connecticut Employee Reviews

Storeroom utility worker
Storeroom utility worker (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 25, 2019
•To gather,deliver and stock medical Pyxis machines
•Preform inventory checks and verifications of Pyxis machine
•Responsible for ordering necessary material to complete orders
•Assigned products to assigned area in warehouse
THOCC maternity
Staff Nurse Level III (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 19, 2019
I worked here for almost 25 years and developed many close friends during that time that became almost like family. I still go to some of the same Doctors even though I am living 30 miles from there. I don't know what it's like working for Hartford Healthcare. They were just taking over when I left.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
could be very stressful at times
Great per diem job
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 20, 2019
Management can be a bit harsh when a life changing event happens outside of work. Most times they were understanding but had to leave because I could not do as they ask when losing my Transportation
Pros
Meeting new patients, visitors. Nice per diem job
Cons
A little more compassion with your employee life changes
not a positive environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 24, 2019
I found the staff to be rude to their patients and one another in a way that I found shocking. Standards of care were not what I had experienced elsewhere.
Certified Diabetes Educator for outpatients
Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 5, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with, all were very professional and passionate about their patients.
Unfortunately, I was brought from a 40 hour position to 8 hour position due to lack of work!
Out department needed to be marketed, and it wasn't. There was plenty of room to expand, to the satellite offices, but that didn't happen. I am saddened to have had to leave, and I hope if word gets out about our services to PCP offices around the area of all the services/ classes, individual sessions our unit provides, they will expand.
All the educators are Certified in diabetes!
Pros
Wonderful place to work, very professional group. MDs are so wonderful to work with as well.
Cons
lack of growth of Diabetes and Nutrition center with marketing.
Administrative upheavel, very disruptive, low morale, caused a lot of emotional episodes for staff
PSYCHIATRIC REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 5, 2018
It was a very difficult time to work at HCC. The Clinical Manager and Supervisor were "let go" as well as other floor staff. Some favoritism was shown to the younger nurses . Management was difficult to pin down if staff need to talk to them.
I enjoyed working with my patients on a one to one basis and this was strongly encouraged by the administration.
Pros
good clinical teaching session, mentoring was just started
Cons
1. Administrative upheavel 2. Low morale 3.emotional increase of staff 4. OT high 5. staff tired
ok place to work
Hospitalist, Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 2, 2018
ok place to work for 7 years, daily bedside rounds with nursing staff made for a great environment. lots of specialty and team support. typical patient load for 8 hr day was 18-23
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
high patient volume per provider
Work Experience At Hospital of Central Connecticut
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 19, 2018
I very much enjoy working with my colleagues and the department that I work in. There have been many changes made in the healthcare field and I am looking to maybe see what else is out there and maybe I can challenge myself and use my skills in a different job culture.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
lack of communication throughout the whole system
Thocc
Psychiatry/medication management (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 17, 2018
Good place to work, good patient experience over 10 years of employment, appreciated the opportunity to work with great patients, good 401k matching program and tuition reimbursement.
Good place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 12, 2018
Good place to work but terminated with no warning. Just terminated from the first time not a warning or verbal nor written notice. But still a good work place.
productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 29, 2018
working for Hospital of Central CT was fun. I learned a lot and really enjoyed all the people I came in contact with. We have a beautiful Gift shop and it has a lot to offer
I kept myself busy at all times. I had a wonderful boss. She was Genuine.
Cons
all was great
The best Hospital experience Ive ever had
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 7, 2018
This hospital has a lot of the same problems most hospitals have such as days where we were short staffed, but overall it was incredible working experience. There was never a shortage of supplies and there was such an emphasis on patient satisfaction and that really showed in the quality of employees that worked there.
Writing was on the wall from Day 1 that they wanted to contract out work
Generalist Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 4, 2018
Haven't worked there in a while, but since I left many people in the labs were laid off due to continued mergers and the forcing out of the CFO. The laboratory director during my tenure was impersonal and often times seemed pained to deal with anyone being a human. Second shift was a dream, compared to the first shift it was like a family! They raised money when people got married, had babies, and birthdays. Gave cards, had treats and decorations for holidays! Now that group of people was amazing! Although I got to see my family more from working day shift, it was a bad decision due to the people. People make the place!
Pros
Fair Compensation
Nutrition Education Intern (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 12, 2018
The Hospital of Central Connecticut's Family Enrichment Center is a wonderful program that provides education to first time and new parents. Management is wonderful and accommodating. Great place to work.
Great Emergency Department Team
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 11, 2018
Great place to work. Good learning environment. Staff are dedicated to great patient care. World class doctors, nurses and ALL the staff. Everyone is family!!
It was amazing.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 11, 2018
I love the hospital enevirment. Although sometimes it could be sad we all worked together. Amazing people and great environment. I absolutely enjoyed , and would go back if I could. Very thankful I had the opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch, 15 min break. If it’s not busy.
Cons
Seeing so many sick children.
Productive, fun, and educational workplace environment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 24, 2018
I absolutely loved working at a hospital, it was a life changing experience for me. I've always loved helping people and once I started working for a hospital it made me feel better that I had to do with their recovery. I enjoyed networking and meeting new people every single day as well as seeing familiar faces throughout the time with patients and engaging in their stories. Saving lives definitely makes you feel better about yourself and makes you appreciate what you've got surrounding you more.
Pros
Saving lives
Cons
Breaks wasn't always at the same time.
Great People and Benefits, Management could be Improved
Medical Technologist, (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 27, 2018
Nice place to work, friendly people! When HartfordHealthcare took over, work was chaotic and frustrating, but things are improving a year later. The medical and retirement benefits packages are very competitive, it's the top reason I continue to work here; HOWEVER, salary increases from year to year are extremely minimal. Because of budget constraints, the heirarchy structure changed so some managers and supervisors either carry way too much responsibility for one person to handle or are incompetent. Supervisors can be unprofessional in that they gossip about employees and tend to show favoritism. In general, it's a great place to work as long as you do what is asked of you and contribute useful feedback to the corporation, because they do listen and it's made a real impact on the quality of our work environment since last year.
Pros
Coworkers, Medical and Retirement benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Management
I wouldn’t recommend working here.
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 18, 2018
I was fired the morning of my shift. I was sick and had flu like symptoms, I was told I could not come to work for at least 24-48 hours. That was counted against me. Then, I came to work sick because if i missed any more days, i would have 3 call outs and would be let go.. the nurse ended up sending me home because i kept having to run out of the paitents room to throw up.. they counted that as a call out and fired me. The techs were hard to get along with. If you havent been there and you dont know anyone, good luck because they think they are better than the new people. I wouldnt work here..
productive work area
LPN (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 5, 2018
I learned a lot working there. Great experience, I learned about insulin and medication management. It was a very diverse community and I was able to learn about different cultures
Pros
nice facility
Cons
traffic was bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hospital of Central Connecticut. Our community is ready to answer.

The Hospital of Central Connecticut Reviews by Location