The HOTH Employee Reviews

Don't even think about it
Topic creator (Former Employee) –  remoteJuly 12, 2019
I rarely write reviews over companies whether good or bad. But just wow.

When you are hired at the beginning, you are told that whatever you are doing wrong, they will let you know. And to be fair, they do. But if you put out a lot of work orders the week prior, not knowing till a week later what you were doing was wrong, they will still let you go.

So yeah. No support. Don't expect warnings, because even if you get them, you won't have any time to put them into effect.
Great Company
SEO Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2019
The Hoth Helping Webmasters From All Over The World Achieving Better Search Engine Rankings Through Dedicated and Professional Team. The Work Culture is Great.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Deadlines
Machine Writing
Content writer (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 20, 2019
It's a writing mill. You don't get credit for the work. They are a new company that is still working out its bugs.

Overall, not a bad place to work.
Pros
Paid regularly. Work anywhere
Cons
Hard to communicate with management, their quality control are control freaks, cookie-cutter writing
Excellent place to work
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE/CAMPAIGN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Management was great, job was great, offered many opportunities and treated employees fairly. An excellent place to work that displays the ideals of a great company.
Upbeat Company
Writer/Blogger, SEO/Content (Remote) (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 18, 2018
The Hoth is an upbeat company that strives to give customers what they want. They train their writers to deliver consistent, quality content.

Writing articles all day can be a grind. Sometimes you have to spend hours researching for the difficult ones. When it's all said and done, this means that a lot of the time you'll be making less than minimum wage when you consider how long it took.

I like that I can work remotely. I wish that writers for The Hoth were compensated more appropriately for the work they do.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Low pay for really hard work
Hoth
SEO Blogger / Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2018
Hoth is a cool place to work. You make a fair amount of money and you can work from anywhere in the world. It is, however, hard to advance in the company itself.
Pros
free stuff, always paid on time
Cons
hard to move up
Amazing Place to Work
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Working at the HOTH is like a dream. Everyone is so upbeat and friendly and wanting to do the best work possible. The environment and culture are like nowhere else I have worked, and I come in every day excited. The perks are awesome (lunch provided on Fridays, health and wellness plan, etc.) and they really do care about us as people, not just employees
Pros
Lunch on Fridays, healthcare, health and wellness plan
Cons
This is more than just a job
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 19, 2018
The Hoth is a collection of bright-minded hard workers that want to succeed and bring their coworkers with them. Management is loaded with expertise in the Internet marketing field. I feel heard and empowered to share and execute my ideas.

This started as a job and turned into a comfortable home away from home that lets me work with great team members that I am proud to call friends.

The sky is the limit for this company and its talented staff. I love getting out of bed each morning knowing that I get the opportunity to work in a classy office with great views and even better people.

Cheers,
Pros
Culture, Anonymity, Benefits, Location, Management
One of a Kind Company
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 17, 2018
This company has really helped me grow into the person I've always wanted to be. The management wants nothing but the best for you and will do anything to help achieve your goals. The expectations set for you are high, but management gives you all the resources you need to achieve your tasks.
The team culture at The HOTH is like a family and collaboration and teamwork are highly encouraged! I cannot believe I found a company this amazing. It's almost too good to be true... except it is true and you're living your best life.
Summary: This is the company that will make your friends and family say-
A) I want your job!
B) You seem to be so happy at The HOTH.
C) Stop talking about your job all of the time, you're making me jealous. WE GET IT, YOU'RE HAPPY.
D) All of the above
Pros
Free lunches on Fridays, Dogs are allowed, the teamwork is out of this world, everyone is SO funny, memes.
Work Hours
SEO/Web Content Writer (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 5, 2018
Work from home remotely and get paid on time. The Hoth is a trusted and reliable company for writers. They cater to freelance and professional writers with decent pay.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Work volume seasonal
Awesome!
Sales Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 17, 2017
Very laid back and FUN! I would recommend this job for anyone who is eager to work hard while having fun in a fast paced environment. Everyone in the office works as a team causing the company to hit record months quiet frequently! This job requires you to step out of your comfort zone in a good way!