The HSC Health Care System

The HSC Health Care System Employee Reviews

United States29 reviews
Fun place to work
if you like helping people HSC is a place for you to be. The staff there are great people, and they really care about their client. The management is not that good.
December 16, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback and being a part of the HSC Family. At HSC, we strive to be the best we can be for our employees, patients and their families. We are grateful to have staff who are committed to our mission and the lives of those we serve. If you have any other suggestions to ways in which we can improve, feel free to email us at connect@hschealth.org
Apply eslewhere!
Do not recommend. Toxic environment that starts at the top - poor management, bad managers and executive leaders who cannot lead. Directionless company that needs Children's takeover and leadership.
Cons
Leaderless leaders
February 18, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback and being a part of the HSC Family. We strive to be the best we can be for our employees, patients and their families. We regret that your experience at HSC does not reflect our commitment to ensuring all employees enjoy their place of work. With our new partnership, we are making significant strides to be supportive to leadership and all employees. On behalf of HSC, we thank you for your commitment to the HSC mission, and we will continue to find innovative ways to communicate to staff. If you have any other suggestions to ways in which we can improve, feel free to email us at connect@hschealth.org.
Committed to the Mission
Relocated for an opportunity. Relocation reimbursement was also provided in my offer letter which was a plus. Wonderful place to work. There are always opportunities to grow and learn while helping those families in need. It is extremely rewarding to help those in need.
December 3, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. On behalf of the HSC family, we thank you for being a valued member of the team. If you have any other feedback to share, please email us at connect@hschealth.org
Love working here.
Great pay, with decent benefits. Sign-on bonus for full-time employees. Better than most hospitals out there. Love the mission. Working with kids is always fun.
December 3, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. On behalf of the HSC family, we thank you for your commitment to the mission. If you have any other feedback to share, please email us at connect@hschealth.org
Fun place to work with new challenges each day
Great place for a clinician to build their medical-based skills with a wide variety of patient population, diagnoses, and coworkers from different backgrounds.
December 3, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. On behalf of the HSC family, we thank you for your tenure with us. If you have any other feedback to share, please email us at connect@hschealth.org
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Pleasant atmosphere
It was a pleasant place with friendly people. Most of the management team were awesome to be around and or work for. I enjoyed all the challenges that came about. Working with all
the volunteers and other employees within the facility
December 3, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you have any other feedback to share, please email us at connect@hschealth.org
Challenging
Many of the positions are interwoven with clinical and non-clinical work. The best part is seeing the patients thrive and knowing that the work done benefits the patients.
December 3, 2019
A wonderful place to work
Enjoyed working at HSC. Management is very supportive. Colleagues are helpful and foster teamwork. Great to work with the children. The environment is very receptive.
Great department
Great department to work at. Management is very approachable and reasonable. Great learning environment. A lot of teamwork. Happy to work here with the staff and patients.
December 3, 2019
Excellent work in the community
One of the many reasons that I love working here is the work that they do in the community for children with special needs. The company has a very close, supportive and collaborative staff and culture.

The work/life balance is very much respected at The HSC, as well.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
September 3, 2019
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The HSC Health Care System?
Opportunity for growth and development within HR
I have been with the organization since January 2019, and am happy to find myself on a collaborative HR team. Each member plays a vital part in ensuring that candidates have a smooth experience transitioning from candidate to hire.

Aside from my day-to-day responsibilities, HR leadership has been very supportive in providing me with professional development opportunities. I've been able to attend a number of seminars that have enabled me to become a Talent Acquisition subject matter expert.

Could not have asked for a better employer and place to grow.
September 3, 2019
Stay away
This is the worst company I ever worked for. Human Resources and leadership is unethical, which made for an unhealthy working environment. Terrible experience and I wouldn’t recommend working here to my worse enemy.
August 8, 2019
“The people of HSC, starting with our leaders, are committed to the health and safety of our employees. We strive to maintain an environment in which all of our team members can fulfill their highest aspirations. Your experience obviously didn't stack up to our commitment. We'd welcome the opportunity to learn more about where and how you believe we fell short of what you were looking for. Thank you in advance for helping us to ensure that we're always providing the healthiest, most fulfilling work environment. We’d appreciate hearing more from you. Please feel free to contact us directly at connect@hschealth.org.
Great mission - Challenging work
Working at HSC is waking up every day knowing you are working towards a good cause. Touching lives of so many that are in need of our support is a privilege. Although the work can be challenging and extremely demanding, HSC staff does it with grace and gratitude. I have learned so much having now served in two different roles at HSC. Management will challenge you to be your best and rewards those who work hard. The culture at HSC is definitely people-oriented, external and internal. My colleagues have become friends in which we collaborate on and off the clock. I encourage those who are looking to acquire new skills in a fast-paced environment to join the HSC family. The company is growing and improving and bringing in new talent willing to contribute to its growth.
July 31, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience. On behalf of the HSC family, we thank you for all your hard work and commitment to the HSC mission. If you have any other feedback to share, please email us at connect@hschealth.org.
Workplace culture
The environment is punitive and toxic. One can easily become ill due to the stress imposed by management. If you are looking for a work environment with growth, it is suggested that you look for another company. Very sad state of affairs.
Cons
No compensation for working 10 to 12 days in a row
July 15, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The organization is currently undergoing change as we embark on a journey to improve the access, quality and holistic care for the children and their families that we serve. Change often times is paired with challenges and hard work, however we believe this incredible opportunity will end with great reward for our patients, their families and our wonderful staff. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at connect@hschealth.org.
Don't Say You Weren't Warned
Management is a joke. Very unprofessional and doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Office space is terrible and the conference rooms are so outdated. You will be expected to set up and tear down conference rooms - sometimes at a moment's notice. Also does not recognize good talent when they see it. I would advise you to stay away.
July 31, 2019
Thank you for providing feedback. At HSC, we strive to be the best we can be for our employees, our patients and our community. We are excited to share that we are undergoing many changes that will improve not only the way we provide care but also a physical makeover at some of our locations. We recognize that it is the willingness and dedication of our employees that allow HSC to carry out its mission. Therefore, we encourage you to provide further information to help make us better. Please feel free to email us at connect@hschealth.org.
Terribly mismanaged, conflicts and drama abound!
Do not work here in a senior management, communications, marketing or development position. HSC is a mess. Tons of power struggles and resentment among staff and management, particularly between their hospital and foundation. The two are estranged from one another - a system this is not!

They will fire you on a whim for doing the job they stated they hired you to do. Because of the dysfunction, you’re set up for failure from day one - no matter how professional you are or hard you work - particularly if you’ve been hired to be a changemaker in any capacity.
June 21, 2019
We appreciate your constructive feedback that helps us to be better for our employees, our patients, and our community. At HSC, we are committed to providing the best care possible for our patients and the best experience for our employees. I am sorry that your experience at HSC did not meet your expectations. As we continue to grow and evolve as an organization, we’d be happy to discuss any other feedback you may have to help make us better. Please email us at connect@hschealth.org.

– Josephine Bias Robinson, Executive Vice President, External Affairs
Productive workplace that pushes you to be your best
I've been at The HSC Health Care System for over a year. In that time, they've really listened to the employees concerns and improved the organization of the company for the better. Everyone stands by the mission, and I have a great supervisor who trusts me and pushes me to continue to learn and grow. Great place to work!
Pros
Team lunches, volunteer opportunities
Great Supervision,and management
High volume of out-going calls, learned to have additional patients with members, management was professional and organized with staff and work. culture was equip for the culture of the membership. hardest part of the job was getting members to keep appointments. enjoyed working with great staff.
Pros
staff meetings, and recognizeing and appreciate thier employees
Cons
work hours flexiable
Just turn in the other direction
The HSC Health Care System is practically on the brink of destroying itself from within. All of the senior level management has been there for less than a year and are pretty much creating chaos, disorganization, and mistrust among employees. Senior leadership jumps from one task to the next with out much follow up and it creates an atmosphere of chaos. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company unless it's a last resort. They don't appreciate staff, you're not paid for the amount of work and hours you perform, and rarely do they eve promote from within. The only positive thing I can say about the HSC Health Care System is the amazing members you get to work with and truly making a difference in their lives. Along the way you may also meet a few colleagues that are genuine and love the work they do but again, far and few between. Steer clear of HSC.
Pros
Hands on experience with members
Cons
Everything else
Productive work place
Productive work place to help serve the children with special needs is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have learned and gained a lot of knowledge working for the company
Inexperienced Sr. Management even at the VP/Director level
No consideration given regarding experience, knowledge base or seriousness about the job. Lots of favoritism, from top to bottom. People here today gone tomorrow. This is not a place for someone who is serious about their career. If you dislike incompetent management who do very little but expect a great deal from employees--avoid this place like the plague.
The VP and CEO over this program were impossible to work with. Beware.
Pros
Cons
As above
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The HSC Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9