The IMA Group
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

The IMA Group Employee Reviews

Management sucks and so does the staff members. Everyone likes to gossip. Nobody likes to do any work and will always throw everything at you. Everybody just sits in their rooms and eat.
This place was terrible. Definitely wouldn’t recommend to people just starting in the medical field. Manager had a nasty attitude. This office was extremely unprofessional.
The job started out as beneficial. The flexibility of hours lures you in but then you realize there is no way to complete all the visits and documentation with medical record review without doing work at home. You may be scheduled to see 7 patients in your shift but if all the cases have medical record review will take 8+ hours to complete OUTSIDE of work to finish the case if all cases have medical opinions. The company has this disillusioned belief you can complete all of this work in the 1 hour they give you for the appointment. If you value your time and family, my advice is STAY AWAY. The amount of time that it takes to complete the documentation is ridiculous and not worth the pay. The company doesn't support its nurse practitioners and you are hounded by the contractor to get the cases completed in an impossible time frame. There is no room for professional growth.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No support, poor pay
Some staff works harder than others, but management is appreciative. Pay is good for the area and the work load. Always something to learn and room for advancement.
Working for this company has been completely life changing. After working retail for almost 10 years, burnt out was an understatement. This job has given me such a sense of purpose to where I love to go in to the office daily. I wasn’t with IMA more than 2 months before receiving a promotion. My bosses and all of the leads have been beyond helpful, not only in building my skills to perform my job, but also in building my self confidence and helping my team grow. This company offers a great home/work balance. Many opportunities for overtime. And so much room for growth.
Pros
Great staff. Room to expand your knowledge and grow in your career.
Cons
Can be repetitive.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
As an employee, I have come to love what I do. What you get done is recognized daily. They have good benefits plus respect your at home life. I recommend working here for anyone just starting out or retiring.
Pros
Its close to my home.
Cons
The job can be repetative
Great place to work. A non-stressful environment. Growth opportunities are within reach. Cross training provided to make staff more valuable. Friendly atmosphere. Company cares for employees and safety is of the up most priority all staff and clientele.
Cons
Benefits could be a little better.
The company works you with out giving you proper training. They hire you for one position but have you doing 10 other things that not in your job description. They can careless about their employees as long as their making money off of you.
Pros
a lot of moving
Cons
no brakes most times, no team work, no balance or communication between workers. Bad energy
January 28, 2021
IMA has an extensive training program, training manuals and on the job training for this position. The review is disappointing on many levels and not an accurate reflection of our company.
Good pay for the area. Always something to learn and room for advancement. Some front office staff work harder than others but management is appreciative.
I came here with high expectations as anyone else would being a report processor especially based off of the job description! Very shortly I came to find out that this place is CATFISH! You will not be performing the duties in the job description. You’ll actually be asked to play several roles and get paid well below average! The atmosphere and the company is just awful to their employees. They put the blame on one and another instead of working together to come to the solution. Very little job training so when you do something wrong a higher up will scald you thinking you had the correct training but the lack of communication and training throughout they don’t even realize you never got trained properly! For the amount of things you’re asked to do and preform, you’d expect to be paid at least 20$+ and you’re making less than 15$ an hour while also being a receptionist, drug screens ect. Lots of drama ofcourse it’s a small office and everyone is very miserable that their hard work is well under appreciated, their higher ups only call when something is wrong. Also the Syracuse office is located in a HORRIBLE neighborhood. We constantly had to call 911 because the things we endured were insane. No matter how much they told the higher ups in the year I was there it was ignored and an attempt to move us to a safer location never happened because well ya know THEY DONT CARE they sit in beautiful offices in nice neighborhoods why would they even dare to care about ours? While there’s roaches and bed bug galore. You will NEVER take your 30 min break although it will ALWAYS be taken - more...
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Literally everything. This place is a joke.
January 28, 2021
The allegations made in this review are not a reflection of the IMA Group, how we do business or how we treat our employees.
The turn around rate is up the roof. They don’t respect the medical assistants. We would get blamed for every ring and was never properly trained. The job was a complete joke. I’m surprised I stayed as long as I did. Understand that until the company take constructive criticism and have their employees back. That their will always be a high turn over rate.
Cons
Low compensation/ short staffed
January 28, 2021
The IMA group provides training and training manuals to all employees. The role of the medical assistant is very focused. We encourage all employees to reach out if they require additional training.
I started originally March 9th 2020 and was laid off the same day. I was called back in September 2020 on the 28th. Since then it has been a bad experience for me. The job is very complex and not structured. I have years of experience as a certified Medical Assistant and they do not acknowledge the skills and experience. There are various triaging duties procedures in the office which should be considered a clinic with some organized task.. Manager does not acknowledge the skills or experience or value. Short staff and was before I started. Alot of distractions. Too many things involved.
January 28, 2021
IMA values all employees. It is true that since the pandemic we have had staffing shortages. We have taken all efforts including CDC guidelines to keep all employees and clientele safe. We are appreciative of all employees who have worked with us in this effort during this difficult time.
This company will use you up of your hard work, excitement to work, and overall happiness. Once you show signs of frustration they’ll look to add more fuel to the fire in an attempt to completely break you.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Rude boss, Rude co-workers, rude patients, short breaks, crazy workload.
They are terrible, and your supervisors know nothing and don't ask them anything cause they don't know the answers.HOrrible...run as fast as you can.....Terrible place to work, there are so many titles and people hiding behind closed doors not doing anything, and you can't bill for their services, but you could bill for my services and the company made tons of money off of my license with billing
Pros
Cons
everything you can think of and then some
I have met some very wonderful people while working in this location. The manager was to full of herself and what made matters worse was that she loved to gossip. That’s one of the things of this company that was so annoying. Gossip. It was always he said she gossip and involved in all of this was the Supervisor. To be frank, the supervisor had a lot of favoritism with certain people in the company. Everyone would notice it. Over all I wouldn’t want to go back to this place and to be honest, I would tell people avoid working here.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No benefits. Low pay. Too much gossip. Favoritism.
Some of the Medical Assistants were nice, Some physicians were very nasty and spoke down to staff. Management & Operations is Horrible. The Philadelphia location is dirty, unorganized and have very unprofessional employees in other departments besides The Medical Assistants. The director who is located in Altoona talks about everyone badly. If you are a person of color with higher degrees than the director she get intimated and treats you weird. The job doesn't require SOME supervisors to have any educational background because they are all related.
January 28, 2021
This employee based this review upon three days of employment with us. It is unfortunate and disappointing. IMA facilities are well maintained, cleaned by a professional cleaning company and very well organized. This is a busy office and we are sorry that you felt the need to publish this review. We certainly strive to make all employees feel welcome and respected.
This place is terrible, don’t work here! Go to a warehouse instead. The women who work here gossip and talk badly about each other ALL DAY LONG. Half the doctors are morons. The management is TERRIBLE. Your manager will work 2 hours away and try to complain about everything your office does while she’s never there to help.
Pros
Cons
Income, Drama, Management
management talked about employees to other employees. You were expected to work with nothing. Worst company ever. You will not go anywhere in this company. Managment will lie to you and will lie about you t I save their own butts. If you want a dead end jobs then this is the place for you. If you want experience and an opportunity to learn and grow stay away from this place. Very bad organization. No communication.
Pros
Hours
Cons
dead end job
This is an office based billing job. I worked at this job for a few days and this is what I dealt with. Instead of focusing on the quality of people’s work, these managers instead wasted time on making sure peoples cell phones were off and out of sight. The straw that broke the camels back for me was the supervisor not only following me into the bathroom, but timing me in the bathroom and accusing me of being on my
Pros
Cons
See above
I worked in the Philadelphia office for about 5 years. The director of operations was very easy to work under and supportive. She did not micro manage me and for that reason.. I was able to lead my team to success! The director of HR was very helpful and supportive. He was always available when in need. The only reason I left is because I relocated.
Pros
Great Director of Operation and great HR director!
Cons
health Ins was $$
At the time it was clear they were making changes to management. They did the best they could with their resources. I was grateful to be working in a place that was helping others however i felt uncomfortable with how some things were handled in regards to patient concerns. However, it is a facility that is used to offer assistance to people with disabilities that has to follow the states rules and, regulations, as well as abide by the requirements of the company while trying to do their best to help the client. This job made me realize that I wanted to continue my education and follow my path in assisting others just not in this environment. Great job opportunity and pay with excellent hrs and some really great coworkers and teamleaders.
  1. Employee Reviews