The IMA Group Employee Reviews

Ok for beginers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 13, 2019
Regional manager said I'd have these hrs, then, she began playing with the hrs. She wanted to use me as a security guard. some of the clients are SKELLS. Your life will be threaten about 2 a week by the clients. My office manger she is too good to be a part of that company. The staff at the time I was there, were too childish, and worried too much about social media instead of the job at hand. A learning experience, but, not a career place.
Pros
Ok work experience
Cons
Regional Manager has favorites crew...
Unfair Work Enviroment
Customer Service Rep/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 2, 2019
The customers were rude,the management was careless about how the calls affected your attitude. The co workers were very friendly and helpful. I however did learn to de escalate situations I felt weregetting out of hand.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Food Truck Outside
Cons
Short Breaks
productive and flexible place to work
Medical Supervisor/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2018
overall IMA is a great stepping stone for any one who is fresh out of school and would love to gain work place experience in the medical field. The hours at most locations are flexible and the Manager tries to work out schedules with the staff. I have learned a lot from front desk to medical assisting, performing drug test, audio test, EKGs, etc. I would say the hardest part about he job is learning to deal with the different clients and learning to multitask because it is a very fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part about working at IMA is the staff really works together. So although you may have been hired for one position you get the experience of every position here. you will learn a lot. and everyone is a team player because you have to learn to be.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks
Fast- Paced Medical office environment
Report Processor/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 26, 2018
While I enjoyed working for IMA, I had several issues while working for this company that lead to me terminating my employment. I did enjoy the work with the patients and doctors.
Low stress but monotonous
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 10, 2018
The QA position at IMA deals almost entirely with making sure the providers fill out the medical or psychological exam templates properly. If you've ever done any sort of editing and you have experience with medical terminology it isn't a difficult position to fill. You'll also be expected to fill in with basic administrative support tasks at times. Overall it is a good position for anyone looking for a comfortable desk job with decent benefits and not much else.
Don’t feed managements INFLATED EGO
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJune 23, 2018
Stressful environment with unrealistic workload demands.
Supervisors take on an authoritative approach rather than a supportive one. There is constant nit picking and management is NEVER happy. New management does not know what she’s doing. Comparative to a sweat shop. Employees are forced or encouraged to tell elderly, ill and poor claimants to attend next day last minute appointments and travel ridiculous distances. The company’s ONLY concern is filling doctors schedules so they can cash in on NYS money. Overtime isn’t allowed. Supervisors like to think they’re professional but they’re far from professional, tactful or intelligent.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No overtime, not paid a living wage, disregard for claimants struggles, nepotism
IME Report Processor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 12, 2018
I worked for the company for almost 8 years. Had some ups and downs working there but overall it was a great place to work. I loved all my co-workers as if they were family.
Good place to work if you want experince but dont stay long.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 5, 2018
The environment could be better and the people also. If you are full time you get $13.50/hr, be ready to work off the clock or do OT when neccessary. The office is not advance as Crystal run because they do everything by hand. If they cant control you the way they want then you will be gone. Also watch out for snitches and nit pickers. This job is only good for experience nothing more.
Pros
Going home after you clock out
Cons
Hours, doctors, picked on, complaints, a lot of work etc
Great place to work for beginners
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYApril 2, 2018
The Hartsdale office was a great place to work in. Staff did great team work, great coworkers. Great place to work if you’re looking to get experience.
Management is unorganized
VA Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 6, 2018
My experience working for the IMA Group was okay, but as the months went by it got worst. The job description is misleading and no clear guidance on all the tasks for the job. There is no sense of professionalism among managers and how they communicate to the staff.
Pros
Helping Veterans
Cons
Lack of communication, Unprofessional Management, and Lack of Accountability
It's who you know
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2018
Loved the job but poor management. No policies stayed the same longer than a week-it depended on how the manager felt that day.
No assistance with major issues.
Pros
Nice providers
Cons
poor management
Coworkers are good to work with but management is is unorganized and cut throat
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYFebruary 7, 2018
The coworkers made it feel more like working at home however management did not care about your personal life and were strict with hours and cheap pay
Pros
Nice and friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, management unorganized and don’t care about their employees
Never reccomation to any people.
Tech (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Nothing to say good a out this office.poor management. With no security of job. Management can fire employee without any reasons.health enaurance too expensive and not benebical too.
Pros
Nothing is benefical working in this office.
Awful Place to Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 18, 2017
My experience at the IMA Group was one of the worst professional experiences I've ever had. The job description is very misleading, no clear details on what is expected of that person is given. The training is minimal, just enough in order to get by. In order to work here, the company expects perfection no mistakes are tolerated. There is no clear lines of communication between upper management and lower employees. There is no sense of professionalism among managers and how they communicate to their employees.
Seriously consider before ever working here, this is not a good place to work for.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Lack of Communication, Minimal Training, No Support, Unprofessional Management, Lack of Accountability
Productive place to work, working independenly
Medical Report Processor (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 19, 2017
I like the idea of working without a supervisor over your shoulder. it's a small office and we know our jobs and know how to get the work done on a timely basis. I have no problems beating the deadlines.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, working with a great team of co-workers.
Cons
Not able to do the travel to different offices. No advancement
Fast Paced, Opportunity for Advancement
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South Williamsport, PANovember 8, 2017
This company has fantastic employees, competitive salary and benefits and lots of opportunity for advancement. I enjoy working with Veterans and building professional relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
Great people to work for.
Wow!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 23, 2017
It’s funny on how the management blames the employees on there performance but didn’t give any good training and they would rather play the blame game and phone tag instead of being true managers and handle the si
Great place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forty Fort, PAOctober 11, 2017
It was a great place to work. The co workers and doctors were all very nice. The hours were good. The atmosphere was fun and there is always something to do.
Workplace culture
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with Veterans and conducting exams and providing medical opinions. Company is flexible with working hours; can do 10 hr days, 8 hour days or 7 hr. days. The hardest part of the job is understanding the goniometer range of motions.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
poor management
Very professional and fun place to work very good learning experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAAugust 20, 2017
gained comprehensive and valuable experience just working there for a short time about how to manage and keep up with the flow of a busy medical office. Learned how to use a eye refraction machine as well as how to use a file paper work and how to stay in constant communication with the team while on the floor and doing vitals.
Pros
helpful team, everyone is respectful, management is encouraging and supportive
Cons
Sometimes it can be overwhelming at the sheer amount of claimants that we have to keep up with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The IMA Group. Our community is ready to answer.