THE IMA GROUP Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Don’t feed managements INFLATED EGO
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJune 23, 2018
Stressful environment with unrealistic workload demands.
Supervisors take on an authoritative approach rather than a supportive one. There is constant nit picking and management is NEVER happy. New management does not know what she’s doing. Comparative to a sweat shop. Employees are forced or encouraged to tell elderly, ill and poor claimants to attend next day last minute appointments and travel ridiculous distances. The company’s ONLY concern is filling doctors schedules so they can cash in on NYS money. Overtime isn’t allowed. Supervisors like to think they’re professional but they’re far from professional, tactful or intelligent.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No overtime, not paid a living wage, disregard for claimants struggles, nepotism
IME Report Processor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 12, 2018
I worked for the company for almost 8 years. Had some ups and downs working there but overall it was a great place to work. I loved all my co-workers as if they were family.
Good place to work if you want experince but dont stay long.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 5, 2018
The environment could be better and the people also. If you are full time you get $13.50/hr, be ready to work off the clock or do OT when neccessary. The office is not advance as Crystal run because they do everything by hand. If they cant control you the way they want then you will be gone. Also watch out for snitches and nit pickers. This job is only good for experience nothing more.
Pros
Going home after you clock out
Cons
Hours, doctors, picked on, complaints, a lot of work etc
Great place to work for beginners
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYApril 2, 2018
The Hartsdale office was a great place to work in. Staff did great team work, great coworkers. Great place to work if you’re looking to get experience.
Management is unorganized
VA Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 6, 2018
My experience working for the IMA Group was okay, but as the months went by it got worst. The job description is misleading and no clear guidance on all the tasks for the job. There is no sense of professionalism among managers and how they communicate to the staff.
Pros
Helping Veterans
Cons
Lack of communication, Unprofessional Management, and Lack of Accountability
Coworkers are good to work with but management is is unorganized and cut throat
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYFebruary 7, 2018
The coworkers made it feel more like working at home however management did not care about your personal life and were strict with hours and cheap pay
Pros
Nice and friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, management unorganized and don’t care about their employees
Never reccomation to any people.
Tech (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Nothing to say good a out this office.poor management. With no security of job. Management can fire employee without any reasons.health enaurance too expensive and not benebical too.
Pros
Nothing is benefical working in this office.
Awful Place to Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 18, 2017
My experience at the IMA Group was one of the worst professional experiences I've ever had. The job description is very misleading, no clear details on what is expected of that person is given. The training is minimal, just enough in order to get by. In order to work here, the company expects perfection no mistakes are tolerated. There is no clear lines of communication between upper management and lower employees. There is no sense of professionalism among managers and how they communicate to their employees.
Seriously consider before ever working here, this is not a good place to work for.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Lack of Communication, Minimal Training, No Support, Unprofessional Management, Lack of Accountability
Fast Paced, Opportunity for Advancement
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South Williamsport, PANovember 8, 2017
This company has fantastic employees, competitive salary and benefits and lots of opportunity for advancement. I enjoy working with Veterans and building professional relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
Great people to work for.
Wow!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 23, 2017
It’s funny on how the management blames the employees on there performance but didn’t give any good training and they would rather play the blame game and phone tag instead of being true managers and handle the si
Great place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forty Fort, PAOctober 11, 2017
It was a great place to work. The co workers and doctors were all very nice. The hours were good. The atmosphere was fun and there is always something to do.
Workplace culture
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with Veterans and conducting exams and providing medical opinions. Company is flexible with working hours; can do 10 hr days, 8 hour days or 7 hr. days. The hardest part of the job is understanding the goniometer range of motions.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
poor management
Good team of upper management but there is a sense of disorganization in the company as a whole
LPN (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 2, 2017
Overall an OKAY experience. Compensation and pay is less than desirable. Good work/life balance. The culture is very gossipy. People will act very unprofessional in order to get ahead. Travel is almost definite and you need to be willing to travel frequently and at the last minute.
Great Work-Life Balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYFebruary 23, 2017
IMA provides a great work-life balance. With flexible hours, no overtime, you can always be sure to be home to pick up your kids and spend some quality family time.

Good PTO policy and 8 paid holidays. Health insurance and 401(k) are also available.
The office atmosphere is good.

Overall - this is a good place to work!
Pros
Pto, insurance and benefits, 401(k), flexible hours
Cons
No social events.
Not the best Job you want to work at
Appointment Setter/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYDecember 19, 2016
Very stressful at times. I was never given my 90 day performance assessment. I was threaten to be let go due to excuse absentee if it happened again. I was never thanked or appreciated for my hard work. Was hard to talk to management. Was ignored by management. I also was finally terminated due to an injury which resulted in me being absent.
Fast paced volume
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2016
I love my job, it is a great place to work. Co workers and Management are easy going and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping where needed. I have learned to stay grounded in life and appreciate what I have. A typical day consist of checking claimants in, answering phones, making charts, calling claimants for reminder appointments, getting claimants vitals and reviewing their history before they see a doctor.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no bonuses
Ima review
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2014
Through The IMA Group, I have gained knowledge of social security and disability, working close with the Bureau of Disability Determination, to ensure claimant satisfaction. I get to work close with medical assistant's as well as MD's and Physiatrists.
Pros
Fair PTO time.
Cons
No Overtime (37.5 hrs)