The Inn at Little Washington Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent pay but stressful
Valet/Bellman (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAMay 18, 2018
An average day at the Inn meant cooperating with entitled guests that more often than not went out of their way to make your job difficult because they knew they could get away with it. Management was often disorganized and created an extremely stressful work environment. The pay was decent but that was the best thing about the job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, stressful workplace
Great place to learn some things
Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAFebruary 11, 2018
So basically you go there to learn. The pay is not good you work about 60 hours a week. You will learn a lot but really they don't want you to stay. They want to use you for low pay. If you plan on going into the restaurant business I would say work there for a year learn and leave.
Pros
You learned a lot, staff meal sometimes
Cons
no breaks, low pay, many others
High End Getaway
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Washington, VADecember 29, 2017
Hustle and bustle of cleaning and preparing rooms for guests. I learned how to apply my time management skills to a totally different setting. Most of the management I had to report to is new and up and coming.

The hardest part of the job is the time restraint to get the rooms done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of good Help
Hard Work
Housekeeper-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Washington, VADecember 18, 2017
Do not apply to this job unless you are ready to work hard, work quickly, and learn on the fly. I was able to do that and I had a great time while I was at the Inn. As long as you do your job right, listen to correction, and come in to work on time, you will do great here.
Pros
free lunch, collaboration, working alone
Cons
high stress, wearing a polyester maid uniform
a laid back place to work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAJune 9, 2017
receive phone calls for room and dinner reservations. It was a change from what i had been doing. The trainer wasn't very good at training you for the job you had to do.
benefits
Cons
trainer wasn't very good at their job
Too much drama too much stress not enough pay no respect
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, VAMay 28, 2017
I was thrilled to get hired at the Inn because it was such a "good job" but I absolutely hate it there. It's like being in high school again but worse and don't expect to get a raise no matter how hard you work. Currently searching for other employment. Management is a joke and a bunch of liars and idiots. Oh but there's free lunch.
not a very employee friendly work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAOctober 4, 2016
Long hours, hard work, not necessarily supportive management. This can be a difficult place to work. Everyone is looking to further their career and there is little to make it a positive environment for employees. Turnover is extremely high even in upper management.
wonderful place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, VASeptember 13, 2016
I would always rate this hotel a 10. Its exceptionally clean, friendly atmosphere makes any person want to return. The colonial setting and garb is wonderful to look at. I enjoyed being a part of this business
Pros
very friendly people
Cons
pay could be higher
Passionate employees, great experience for someone fresh out of culinary school
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAJune 29, 2016
Fun environment to work, good experience for someone fresh out of culinary school. Pay is minimal, so it is more of a temporary job. Great opportunity to learn about food and using local product.
Pros
great opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
poor pay, location is out in the country
Productive, fast paced, good work enviornment
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAApril 26, 2016
Great working there, coworkers were helpful. I would serve tea to start my day, restock linens before dinner service, run food and take and place orders. make sure guests were satisfied. Learned a lot about the culture there and the food and many skills, especially with communicating with people. Although it was fast paced and could be stressful i kept up and worked hard to do my job. I enjoyed my co workers and learning new information.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
very long drive
A positive and educational environment
Backserver (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAOctober 7, 2015
Excellent encouraging and educational work environment. Beautiful campus and constant positive growth due to an environment featuring a vast amount of experienced employees as well as guests of infinite backgrounds.
5 star 5 diamond Restaurant
Pastry Externship (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAJanuary 22, 2014
> The kitchen was immaculate, nothing I have ever seen before anywhere else.
> My co-workers were very well tempered and easy to get along with, I enjoyed working with each and every one of them.
> I learned how to prepare breads for dinner service, along with the production of pastry that were to be used during dinner service. I also learned about all the different plates, and designs for the plated desserts.
> The most exciting part of my day was seeing each and every guest come in to the restaurant with a smile ear to ear as their faces lit up in excitement.
> Hardest part of my job was adapting to a new place hours away from home.
Pros
Able to taste everything I make, The experience of working in a 5 star 5 diamond restaurant, preparing $40 desserts each night.
Cons
Far away from home, In the mountains, No social life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Inn at Little Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

The Inn at Little Washington Reviews by Job Title