The InStore Group Employee Reviews

Dont work here unless you like travel and no pay for it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 28, 2018
Company is missing managed I went through 4 managers while i was here i was only working there 8 months every manager said i would have jobs in my area it didnt happen they lie and think you should travel 2 + hours just for a flat rate pay for an hours work that can be done in 20 minutes they do not pay mileage or the time for travel.
Pros
Cons
managment, there lies, pay, no travel pay
Productive and easy going job
Big fish Tee shirts (Current Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMJune 30, 2018
I love to go in and dust all shelfs.
I refold shirts and put them back in order.
From small to ex large shirts.
Do send returns when shirt are being replaced w new ones.all work is on the cell phone.
Pros
No need for lunch
Cons
Some rake advantages of it
flexible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Luling, LAMay 29, 2018
you can work all the hours and stores you could handle. No set limit. no set hours. work what morning or afternoon as long as the work was done. No insurance.
Terrible pay and few assignments
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ManisteeMarch 9, 2018
Pay is low for merchandising, They don't understand that you can't write miles off anymore for 2018 until you have 12k in deductions to itemize on Schedule C. Horrible incompetent mgmt.
Cons
Terrible pay, pitiful $2 bonuses. no mileage, no drive time.
Low Pay & Poor Executive Management
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 2, 2018
I've been employed for over 25 years , Independent Merchandiser Contractor and have never encountered such an organization as this. Their motto is "All For Us- Crumbs For You". Scattered payments to their merchandisers, based on their under capitalized funding. Refuse to pay for merchandiser printing costs or administrative time.Annoying consistent emails from their District Managers with threats of removal of projects if one day late. These people don't get it and will be out of business shortly. Too many other reliable merchandising companies out there who will value dedicated employees and compensate you accordingly. Stay away from this group at all costs. Fair Warning ⚠!
Pros
Cons
See above narrative
Flexibility is what makes it worth it
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Ct, RI, MassFebruary 22, 2018
Extremely flexible, I tend to stay close to home where there are a few jobs. There are plenty of jobs if you are willing to travel. Pay not always great but is a good job for extra cash. There have been a few management shakeups since I've been there, but I just do my job as required and have had no problems. I have always gotten paid, was delayed only once when someone quit. I'd say give it a shot see if you like it.
Pros
Flexible, you are your own boss
Cons
Sometimes travel, pay is not always great
Depends on the stores they send you to
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 5, 2018
It's a good place to work for just sometime they do not have alot of work and we done get much hour when that happens. Other then that there a great company to work for
It’s a job.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCJanuary 17, 2018
I like it for the most part, I just wish they would provide better pay along with some mileage and at least a phone allowance since it is our number 1 way of communication!
Productive Fun Professional Work Place
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCJanuary 8, 2018
A typical days work is low key, it can be stressful at times, its all really how one thinks. Truly is a nice being in the field, traveling, meeting new people and developing strong work relationships.
Pros
It allows me to work aroung my Daughters Schedule.
Cons
Not enough work at times.
ok
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 31, 2017
all good when working with In store, good management ,and able to work alone, and do all my own scheduling.
The part time work is easy if you know what you are doing.
Bad company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 12, 2017
A bad company to work for, been working for them for 2 months and still haven't gotten paid. Always excuses, I advise anyone not to work for this company. Run!!!
Pros
Cons
Run
Great job for making extra money
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2017
The company makes no promises for hours; they are project based so when they have projects you can get hours. I use this job as a source to make extra income when they have projects. I like that is very flexible as to allow you to schedule your day yourself. Yes, they do have a timeframe when projects need to be done but that is client based not company driven. Pay is fair for the work required.
Pros
Pay; flexibilty
Cons
Needs more projects
Not bad, but not great...
Vendor Representative (Former Employee) –  NJJune 30, 2017
The work was easy and paid well enough but compared to other merchandising companies they give you a very small, inflexible window in which to get jobs done. I wish my paycheck came as quickly as they blow up your phone wondering why you haven't submitted your paperwork. Speaking of paperwork you could publish a novel with all of their printouts. All you need is the planogram, worksheet and your phone's camera for your lows/outs; everything else is a waste of printer paper. I ultimately decided to leave because my gripes with the company (more than I'm listing here) outweighed my praises; especially when other merchandisers pay around the same or more with roughly the same amount of work, better assignment flexibility, quicker payroll and less overall headaches.
Pros
Decent pay, easy jobs within traveling distance
Cons
worst payroll system, limited flexibility
Okay company
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 3, 2017
I have been working here for about 6 months already. Even though I only had two tasks from this company, I like the company. The only thing I really don't like is the pay. I go ten miles and get $15 Dollars. But when you work here you get to accept or deny the job... so I think it is my fault for accepting work that doesn't pay much. Sometimes they can give you a $2 bonus on the jobs that they have a hard time filling. I will continue working for this company. I love them. Thanks The Instore Group
Pros
Work when you become avalable, easy 1-4 hours shifts, Nice/ accomadating staff
Cons
Low pay, always reach the supervisor voicemail everytime you call them.
Great work life balance
Master Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St Pete, FLMarch 23, 2017
Fun job with lots of flexibility. I am my own boss most days. I enjoy traveling to different locations. Help is always a phone call away If I need it. Time management is your biggest enemy.
Not worth it!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2017
Worked for a month, still have not received pay. Too many people claiming to be my boss. Everyone giving different directions. Had Confrance calls at 8pm on Sunday before big projects. They put people on reset teams with no experiance. They are 1099 so no millage or rembursments. Projects getting double booked or no work at all.
Pros
No nights or weekends
Cons
No one has a clue
Congrats to The InStore Group
Vendor Representative (Current Employee) –  GAFebruary 27, 2017
The InStore Group was selected as a winner for the 2017 SmartCEO Charlotte Future 50 Awards!

I am so proud to work with a company like this. They truly care for their workers and are working hard to grow this company and have more work for us the vendors week after week.

Congratulations!!!!
Disorganized, unprofessional......ship is sinking
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Midwest, IAFebruary 23, 2017
Moor communication from management. Add duties to your jobs only after you accept. Pay is incredibly low. District Managers have no clue what they are doing. They fire the good ones and bring in these "hacks". No mileage pay. Losing contract after contract because they are asleep at the helm. Just lost some decent contracts that kept people working every month. It is a matter of time before the ship goes u der....and no omanager will go down to with the ship--too self absorbed.

Project materials are sent to the wrong addresses. Stores do not receive the correct materials to complete the jobs. They treat their employees like they are stupid.
Pros
Cons
No work, losing contracts, no mileage, low pay, bad management.
Very good Company
Vendor/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 23, 2017
The Instore Group is a very good company to work for. The flexibility of the projects makes an excellent fit for me. You can schedule your work anytime during the time frame of the project. This job also lets you decide on how much & what work you want. You can accept or decline projects. This works well with my busy schedule. Management is always avaible to help you if issues occur, they respond within 15 min. Every week the DM sends out a email informing me what project are coming up & the start & end dates of each project, I highly recommend this company
Extremely bad company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 3, 2017
This company is horrible. They will ask you to drive long distances and you will hardly make enough to pay gas. Managers are all bad. They try daily to take advantage of you. Didn't get a check, oh well, maybe on the next cycle. Do not work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The InStore Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9