Play YouTube video button

United States75 reviews
Featured review
The InStore Group selected this as a representative review
Its an awesome job
You can choose to make friends with your coworkers! Its an easy going job, alot of work sometimes. Some days are longer than others but it's well worth it. I enjoyed it very much gaining the experience of seeing other states meeting alot of new people. Due to being pregnant and the ending of the year, jobs slowed down and I cant travel like I was. I was paid to drive my own vehicle, was payed 25$ a day just for showing up.
The typical day working with the instore group would be waking up driving to the location, meeting with the manager, speaking with them and seeing how they'd like their products to be. After a discussion, would get to work.

I've learned how to read planograms and how to stock shelves.

The work places would change everyday. As where I got to explore new things and meet new people.
October 7, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review your work with us! We sure enjoy having Vendors like you on our team. Keep up the good work and positive attitude.
Not Worth The Time
There are very very few assignments that are close to home. When you factor in no drive time compensation and nothing for mileage it can actually cost you money out of pocket. Most jobs pay around $12.00. Factor in taxes, mileage, wear and tear on your vehicle and zero dollars for travel time and you might not $2.00 for an hours work. Most "opportunities are 40 to 90 miles away.
Great People!
The InStore Group is committed to listening to the client to develop projects that raise the standards of the industry. The owner and account team are super supportive of operations. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with field merchandisers. Merchandisers at The InStore Group are people with passion and skills to work hard to serve the client and retailer.
Outstanding leadership
InStore Group is a leader in this industry and it starts from the top. The owner is hands on and leads by example. He allows his team to succeed and provides us with all the tools to make OUR company great. It is a pleasure to work here knowing that we are making a difference for our clients.
Very competitive
I am happy working here. I like working from home and working with the vendors have been great I have a good relationship.with upper management. The hours are some times long and some weekend when there is a a lot of work to be done
Pros
Great work relatoonship
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Expects a lot for little pay promises work but 2 hrs away no compensation
District Manager is selective on who she uses for jobs. Very unprofessional, rude when you don't do what she wants you to do. The company claims to care about their vendors think again. My opinion but it seems they are only interested in lining their pockets. I work for other merchandising companies and this company pays no mileage, drivetime. They promise you work but you have to drive 2 or more hrs with no compensation. If you accept a flat rate job and go over you have to call for extra time you might or might not get it. if you don't get approved and you're not finished and leave then you won't get paid at all. Most unethical company ever worked for.
Love the Variety
There are plenty of opportunities to pick and choose from and it is nice to be able to pick my own hours. Variety of jobs to pick from and merchandising in the stores.
Typical Retail Merchandising Outfit
Most jobs are "fixed" rate based on an estimated time to complete. Times are generally generous and additional compensation is available with justification.
No mileage reimbursement

No pay for travel time
Bait and switch
I was enthusiastically welcomed into the company, set my app up, no opportunities ever loaded. No matter what I tried. Never got a days service order out of them.
Pros
Cons
No service orders
Lots of opportunities
The job gives you several locations to choose from. Very communicative. But could consist of large travel trips. I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with thepepeoplewith.
Pros
Lots of jobs
Cons
Lots of travel
No annual review
Merchandisers should be given an hourly increase on their anniversary date based on performance. This company is behind on their hourly rate. I’ve been with them 4 years and never had any kind of increase. We should also be compensated for mileage.
Teamwork
Teamwork is always displayed throughout the field. The office is an amazing support system. I loved my coworkers and will remember them always! This is a fast paced environment with great people.
Nothing, not enough training. I have nothing more to say.
The salary is from the late 1990 ,not enough work, total care of your self. I have said all I fill is requred. They dont pay gas amount. No travel time.
Not a professional company
They beg you to take work miles away with no compensation.
Most jobs only one to two hours. So many emails...rude always threatening to hire more people. Worked for them for several years why

not sure...
Truly raising the standards in the industry
The InStore Group provides exceptional results for ALL of their Client Projects. They offer 100% project auditing. They have new top notch management in charge and are working to create a better image for the Merchandising industry. They have an exceptional team of Vendors that go over and above to provide amazing results.
Pros
Owner is hands on and very positive and motivating to all
Don't do it
I was brought in with a clear understanding of what I was asking for, as I have done this kind of work before. And a promise that I would get paid those wages. But, I was lied to. I wasn't paid for some of the work I did, I wasn't paid at the rate I was told I would get. And, for jobs I traveled to, I wasn't paid travel time or mileage.
Plus, they did not take payroll taxes from my check, so eventually, I would have to be paying all of those. Managers making false promises. If you want to spend money for the jobs that you do, I'm sure that makes the company happy, but it won't do much for your own bottom line.
My district manager was great. Always willing to help. Was not micro managed. Always available for assistance. Always returned your phone calls. My manager would always give suggestions if you need help or needed help rearranging assignment if you had personal interruptions that came up. I always felt appreciated.
Flexible Job to Earn Extra Money
I love working for The In Store Group! I like that I can accept work in my local area and complete merchandising jobs by placing POP signage or doing different POGs. The window to complete the visits are very flexible and you get to schedule it around your schedule. Be sure to call the hotline to report any issues during visits so that the auditors will approve your work if it differs from the instructions.
I may be different from other people
I may be different than most people. I have worked with ISG since 2015. True they do not have as much work as people would like but they are fair. If you make a mistake don't you think you should take care of it ? It is you who is responsible. I have done this and I learned that now I make sure that it is correct before I Leave the store. Normally It is a second pair of eyes. .

Like people have said comments about $$. It is a part time job You are a IC, not a employee. Only once did I have anything negative happen and at the time supervisor, agreed that it was not my doing.
Pros
various work anytime within its time frame that the instructions say
Cons
Not enough work avalable I always wish there were more
not enough work in my area
Not enough work in my area. pay not enough to travel. I loved the work and enjoyed when I did get to travel. but there is not enough work to pay bills.
October 25, 2019
We so wish we had more work in your area too! Its Vendors like you that we'd like to have all over.
Bad Company to work for
Wages not enough for the tasks you perform. When you make a slight mistake they expect you to go back and fix it without being compensated. They absolutely don’t pay mileage. Not enough assignments in a reasonable distance to drive to multiple locations.
October 7, 2019
Yes, that is true if you don't execute assignments correctly you have to go back and do it right.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The InStore Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8