The InStore Group Employee Reviews

Don't do it!
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2018
No job security. Small company and does not have the resources to provide what it promises it's clients. Conflicting upper management, very unstable without direction. Merchandiser's are paid very low after paying their own gas and taxes etc. and have to go back out to jobs to reset if company says something is wrong, without pay. If your lucky, when backlogged, audits are pushed through without corrections, leaving the clients without accuracy (no auditing).
Do not waste a career choice on this company.
I love the flexibility the most
Vendor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 8, 2018
The flexibility is the most valuable part for me and the fact I am treated like I matter.

I enjoy getting to know the retailers and the work is relaxing.
Great Company
Vendor/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 8, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I have an awesome manager, I have never had problems with getting paid on time. The company is growing and the work load keeps getting better and better!
Great company and wonderful people
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCDecember 7, 2018
Great work/life balance. Very supportive management. Fun place to work. Great people to worth with. Interesting work and room for career growth. Lots of opportunities
Pros
Flexibility
A great and flexible place to work
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2018
The InStore Group is a great job for me to pick up whenever I can. I work about 20 hours or less a week. The pay is really great if you are looking for extra money. The only bad thing is, if you are looking for a steady 9-5 job, I'm not sure this would work. Some weeks, they don't have anything for you to do. The managers and everyone on staff is very nice and helpful, and the working environment is laid back. Overall a great part time job!
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Gaps in work
Fast Paced and Challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 30, 2018
This company is very competitive in their field and offers top notch Vendors for Merchants. For Vendors, you can work as many or as few hours as you want. You are in control of your schedule. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for full or part-time work. I love it!
Pros
Fun family type atomosphere with great employees.
Cons
Too much work, not enough Vendors.
Flexible hours, flexible locations
Field Vendor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CANovember 27, 2018
Great job for students, seniors or people who need flexibility in their jobs. District Managers are easy to reach, and all project paperwork can be found online and through phone apps.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Flexible Locations
Cons
Work tends to follow trends. Once you follow the trends, it's great
Productive and laidback work environment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 12, 2018
A very cool place to work. The hours are up to you. No one standing over you telling you what to do. I really liked this job, and well highly recommended it to someone looking for work that wants to be there own boss.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Lots of traveling
Strong Partner-Client, Customer Services Culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2018
The InStore Group is a fast growing merchandising company servicing retailers and manufacturers throughout the country when they choose to outsource for various product merchandising services. The InStore Group has a national network on 'on-demand' experienced merchandising laborers. With an experienced leadership team and dedicated field managers, the company has continued to grow each year and the future looks bright.
Pros
Flexible, Reliable, Responsive, Competitive, Strong Audit Verifcation Services, Knowledgeable, Strong Client-Partner Relationships
Needs a new business plan
Management (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCOctober 25, 2018
Too many hours for too little pay. Very poor business plan, a sinking ship. Upper management uses threats and intimidation to get results. My advise is to stay clear of this company.
Pros
Work out of my home.
Cons
Low pay, field management.
Do not work for this company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  RonkonkomaOctober 21, 2018
Work in my area was sporadic, and often times too far ( more than 30 miles one way) away. I completed 12 projects for this COMPANY and have not been paid 1 cent. Multiple emails have produced zero results. Currently in the process of filing a wage complaint with NC Dept of Labor. They had no issues sending work materials to my home but have not sent my pay. They offer no type of training, no payroll information, or human resource information. I've been in the merchandising field 10 yrs and this is a first , never have I worked with a company and not been paid.
DO NOT DO ANY WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Not paid on pay day, jobs too far away, no mileage reimbursement, no printing reimbursement, sporadic work, low pay for projects
Not enough hours
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 14, 2018
To work for the InStore group there wasn't enough jobs to earn enough money to pay bills in my territory is I had to drive 100 miles to earn more money to make ends meet.
Dont work here unless you like travel and no pay for it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 28, 2018
Company is missing managed I went through 4 managers while i was here i was only working there 8 months every manager said i would have jobs in my area it didnt happen they lie and think you should travel 2 + hours just for a flat rate pay for an hours work that can be done in 20 minutes they do not pay mileage or the time for travel.
Pros
Cons
managment, there lies, pay, no travel pay
Productive and easy going job
Big fish Tee shirts (Current Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMJune 30, 2018
I love to go in and dust all shelfs.
I refold shirts and put them back in order.
From small to ex large shirts.
Do send returns when shirt are being replaced w new ones.all work is on the cell phone.
Pros
No need for lunch
Cons
Some rake advantages of it
flexible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Luling, LAMay 29, 2018
you can work all the hours and stores you could handle. No set limit. no set hours. work what morning or afternoon as long as the work was done. No insurance.
Terrible pay and few assignments
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ManisteeMarch 9, 2018
Pay is low for merchandising, They don't understand that you can't write miles off anymore for 2018 until you have 12k in deductions to itemize on Schedule C. Horrible incompetent mgmt.
Cons
Terrible pay, pitiful $2 bonuses. no mileage, no drive time.
Low Pay & Poor Executive Management
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 2, 2018
I've been employed for over 25 years , Independent Merchandiser Contractor and have never encountered such an organization as this. Their motto is "All For Us- Crumbs For You". Scattered payments to their merchandisers, based on their under capitalized funding. Refuse to pay for merchandiser printing costs or administrative time.Annoying consistent emails from their District Managers with threats of removal of projects if one day late. These people don't get it and will be out of business shortly. Too many other reliable merchandising companies out there who will value dedicated employees and compensate you accordingly. Stay away from this group at all costs. Fair Warning ⚠!
Pros
Cons
See above narrative
Flexibility is what makes it worth it
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Ct, RI, MassFebruary 22, 2018
Extremely flexible, I tend to stay close to home where there are a few jobs. There are plenty of jobs if you are willing to travel. Pay not always great but is a good job for extra cash. There have been a few management shakeups since I've been there, but I just do my job as required and have had no problems. I have always gotten paid, was delayed only once when someone quit. I'd say give it a shot see if you like it.
Pros
Flexible, you are your own boss
Cons
Sometimes travel, pay is not always great
Depends on the stores they send you to
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 5, 2018
It's a good place to work for just sometime they do not have alot of work and we done get much hour when that happens. Other then that there a great company to work for
It’s a job.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCJanuary 17, 2018
I like it for the most part, I just wish they would provide better pay along with some mileage and at least a phone allowance since it is our number 1 way of communication!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The InStore Group. Our community is ready to answer.