The Irvine Company

The Irvine Company Employee Reviews

Great entry level job in property management. I loved my team and the people I worked with. Depending on location, you can easily make upwards of low 6 figures. Constant change in management. Company wide layoffs happened a few times and it gets tiresome worrying about job security when they are constantly changing titles, upper management. Growth within the company is slow. Like many other companies, it is all about who you know. You are more likely to get a better position leaving the company and reapplying at another time.
Pros
nice properties, decent people to work with, nice to have on resume
Cons
Slow growth, job security, constant change in management
Great support system from your leaders. Core values and benefits are great! Since The Irvine Company is so big, you find yourself competing with your sister properties. This creates a fun working environment.
Best 8 years! Management and coworkers were like family. Great systems in place. Amazing training department. Corporate level was fair and always understanding.
Collaborative work situation with plenty of room for growth. Great pay as well. Room to move from department to department and business unit to business unit.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I truly loved this company but each individual experience is based upon who you report to and if they support you and your efforts. I was hired by a team of executives but soon after was traded to another superior who didn’t recruit me and wanted to bring in their own people. It became unbearable and I was completely miserable although I stuck it out for my residents. I had been at my property long enough to establish an awesome team, train them well and the residents knew what to expect from us.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Clicky Execs
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The Irvine Company has a reputation for setting the bar in the community management industry and for good reason. The communities are exceptional, the people and support are exceptional and the opportunity for growth is great in California, not so much if you want to move out of state. The hardest part of the job can be adjusting to the every changing environment. They frequently change strategies, software, polices, procedures and are always looking for a better way to do things. This can keep you on your toes. The culture in the company is to always expect the best from you and for their customers. You definitely need to step up.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, opportunity for growth
Cons
on site work weekends
Great place to work , lots of friendly staff and management benefits are good. The most beautiful views from the villas and bungalows. One of the most beautiful pool and view to the Newport cost.
Pros
Free lunch and parking
Once you pass age 50 they are after to get rid of you. Horrible company to work for. I worked there for 15 years and after that they started taking my tile away and keep sending me to different properties and the last one after 15 years working with them, they changed my days off and they knew by doing that i will quit, that is what i did. No appreciation for their long term employees.
Pros
Living onsite and getting discounted rent
Cons
Higher Management Sucks
In my two years there I grew and I learned so much about myself and my abilities to adapt to many situations professionally and personally. I am grateful for it all, I wish to return someday once all the dust settles from this pandemic. It is a place for inclusion and self growth. Not for the faint of heart or those who do not work well in teams.
Great company to work for with great management. I have been here long enough to rate this company the way I did. Anyone looking to hire on at the Irvine company will be just as satisfied as I am.
I had the pleasure of working for The Irvine Compay for over 5 years. During my tenure there I worked with some of the most incredible leaders I have ever met.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Work the weekends
There's very little I can say negatively about my experience having worked at Irvine Company. The company strives for unity and teamwork, while also teaching ownership and sustainability, and it shows with how the managers and assistant managers perform as leaders who watch from behind, rather than as leaders who simply show the way. My time there was cut short due to unfortunate circumstances in regards to COVID-19, but I know that anyone who joins the Irvine Company family will be met with nothing but support from their team.
This company is shiny on the outside but rotten on the inside. Very harsh culture, cliquey, operate on intimidation, many years if and when they promote, management is disconnected from employees
Pros
Benefits, nice work space
Cons
Poor work life balance, discrimination lawsuits all the time, often understaffed, unsupportive management
Managers like to manage everything and they believe that is only one way to manage their department and the hard part is that they don’t like themselves
My experience with the Irvine company I learned a lot but had to endure a lot as well, there is job security. far as the property, Management looks out for each other had to work on labor day finding out later some leasing staff were off for that day lol. Be expected to go beyond the call of duty of doing 10 things at once, make readies,moving ambassadors also work orders. Being on call dealing with rude tenants.
This company is all about growth and really investing in their talent. If you are willing to put in the work they are willing to help. the training received here is up to par and the teams are amazing
I worked for the company for a year and things were positive overall. However, I quit because I wanted to get back into school and the company cannot afford to give flexible schedules to its maintenance technicians.
Especially rick and monic. Management only cared about profits and not the customer, vendors, and employees. And I’m pretty sure this aggressive way of management trickledown from the top. It’s not what you know, it’s who kisses buttocks the best. Xoxo
Excellent company with benefits and compensation with the highest level in every position. Great culture and work environment, however, that comes with high stress levels.
Pros
Excellence and prestige company to work with the best in the industry
Cons
High stress and easy burn out
Excellent place to learn and advance your skills and knowledge. Impressive portfolio with exemplary standards, processes and procedures. Great workplace culture.
This company has a lot of internal training for both management skills and technical skills. They promote from within and lots of room for advancement.
  1. Employee Reviews