The J. M. Smucker Company Employee Reviews

Good Company
Packaging Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHNovember 6, 2018
Good place to work with fun and recognizable brands. Very difficult projects and a lot of responsibility. Located in the middle of nowhere, which is not fun if you are young.
Pros
Recognizable, fun brands
Cons
It was a great person to person interview
Hispanic Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHNovember 5, 2018
When I stated to work with the Smucker's company it was about 1K people working for them after 15 years there is more than 50K Nation wide but they keep the Family's business culture and some times they miss the loop and control of the Managerment and loose very important people but after all it's a great company and most of the co-workers loves the company and also what they do
Pros
Benefits, atmosphere, culture and grow
efficient working environment
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIOctober 25, 2018
days had been planned out ahead of time and areas are kept clean for maximum proficiency. it was also highly encouraged to form friendships and bonds with fellow employees
not a job ill work at again
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYOctober 17, 2018
its just a boreding job all you do is stand for 12hrs and look at bread all day for 12hr break r to short and lunch some time the have foor there for you.
Pros
food
Cons
12hr
it's ok
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2018
There are long working hours at the Smuckers plant in Memphis TN. They have an HSA Health plan that is garbage. You have to pay a High out of pocket expense for the Health Care Plan. They have a High Turn over rate of employment. People are constantly getting fired on a weekly basis.
Made uncrustables sandwiches
Sandwich tech (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYOctober 16, 2018
Good place to work , just was not my kinda of work style . I am used to working out side , not inside. Smucker has great pay and great benefits for scottsville ky. I will miss all my friends that I have met ., since I started there as well as the ones I already had .
Benefits
Cons
Working 12 hr shifts
good to catapult your career; bad to work there
contractor (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHOctober 2, 2018
shallow superficial sweatshop, a young culture, too many meetings, too much bureaucracy, tries to create a family culture, everyone seemed miserable and exhausted, very stressful, lots of pressure, not like a family at all or maybe a dysfunctional one
Pros
free food, good salary
Cons
meetings, hours, management, culture
Was great until laid off
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Frontenac kansasSeptember 27, 2018
Nothing like walking in and being told you no longer have a job. Well that's they did to a bunch of us! Been knowledge since July, but didn't notify the workers until the day of lay offs. So much for being family oriented.
Pros
Work day rotation, pay, bosses great
Cons
Healthcare costly, lack of communication
Operations Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 23, 2018
Great pay, great co workers and benifits. Could not of asked for a better internship. I would like to go back if there is ever a chance to. Got me interested in the food industry
Productive and fun place to work
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 15, 2018
It was a fast bell running all time you need to be careful and fast..check Your putting The Right label. Cleaning your section, chanching defense positions.
Pros
Free juice
Cons
Not a full time
Challenging Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Environment/culture changing over the past few years with new challenges arising as the company grows. Leadership is trying to keep culture in tact however it is becoming more and more difficult.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2018
this was a great job just do not know why i was not ask to stay on with the company, it did not call for a great deal of hard work just think and do what was ask of you to do.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
good people
Great job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
Great job if looking for a career. Long-term advancement is available if patient. I wanted to advance faster so that is why I am looking for another opportunity.
Great, place, great company
Sales and Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2018
When I was at JMS, they still very much had the culture of "if we take care of our people, our people will take care of the business". It was a very good place to work in a collaborative work environment.
Good place to work as long ad you work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDJuly 29, 2018
Company trying to grow too fast and that is hurting the employees. Hours have changed so many times that it's difficult to keep up. Great place to work if you can keep up with what's going on. Go to work, do your job(and others that fall within your realm), get paid and go home. Attendance is a very big part, as with any job, just be at work in time because when you call out that just hurts everyone else.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Can have a high turnover rate.
Company is decent to work for but be cautious of department
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHJuly 16, 2018
Management does not care about employee advancement, just the "bottom line". Other departments may be better, the Call Center was the worst to be in. Several employees, including myself, had to work multiple jobs since the pay was inadequate. Management did not fight for employees. Very disheartening.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, Poor Management, no advancement, does not promote from within
The JM Smucker's is fast growing company
millwright, and machine repair mechanic (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2018
The Toledo Plant I'm working in is being sold. This was a good place to work and now has the feeling of unknowns and instability. It is time to move on.
Lots of overtime
Lab Technician/Variety Pack Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJune 28, 2018
Work was never overly difficult, but the forced overtime had become impossible to deal with. Being told 15 minutes before quitting time that you are forced to work an extra four hours does not work for a single parent.
Great Company- Poor work Ethic of co-workers
Filling Utility (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJune 19, 2018
This is a great company to work for and the facility has been here for years. It has provided for my family for years and will continue to provide for us both in hourly pay and benefits. They always have jobs open that you can learn and make more money. You will work long hours but most of it is due to co workers not showing up to work so you have to continue to cover for them. Issue at the facility is co-workers and lack of work ethic. Many want to come to work do nothing and get paid, pay is great for area. They make mistakes and find ways to blame on us that do our job correctly or blame management since they cant follow directions.
Pros
Healthcare, pay, stability, great people to work with
Cons
Hours
they took of employees with lunches,tickets to ball games, that sort of things
Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2018
it was a fun competitive place to work if it was not for layoff i would still be there. i am hoping to come back as soon as possible. i learned how to operate, clean,and change over numerous machines.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
change in benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The J. M. Smucker Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight