The Jacobson Group Employee Reviews

Fun work environment, lots of millenials, always a positive environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Jacobson overall, turn over rate is high and they are an at will company. Staffing and head hunting is the culture of the business.
Work from home was the best job for me.
Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2019
Working at home was the best job I ever had. There was no office politics and no dress code that made the production less stressful.
Communication was clearly understandable. Training was easy and questions answered.
Pros
appointments easy to make
Cons
More time for working
Busy and productive day
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 13, 2019
It was a typical busy day from start to finish. I learned a lot about the processes and could apply them to the job I was tasked with. It was a temporary assignment that ended abruptly.
Pros
I enjoyed the job.
Cons
Job ends without notice.
Large open Work Space
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2019
Good culture in an open environment with heavy accountability. Competitive industry, small company with large company structure and mentality. Very conservative and cautious but with strong core values.
Pros
Cons
No offices or cubes but completely open work space
temporary contractor
CLAIMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 26, 2018
As the company is a temporary agency, a typical day of work would vary. As the 2 contracts that I was apart of for them were work at home, I don't feel I truthfully answer this.
Pros
work at home, no office politics
Cons
sometimes pretty high stress level, not very good benefits
Good
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
Overall good company to work for. I ended up receiving a job preeminent job with the company they sent me to temp for. the staff was friendly and professional I really enjoyed working for the company.
Risk Management Team
Risk Management Team Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, IL 60015September 24, 2018
Good place to work & learn . I went to work everyday with a smile on my face knowing that i had a great , talented team of hard workers that looked up to me to get the job done. I really enjoyed my Temp. assignment.
Pros
Location and parking, modern building ( Google like ) weekly allowance, free catered lunch
Cons
A little bit of respect frm management would have gone a long way
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone in need. I enjoyed my time there. The staff was great and was always available. Communication was encouraged and any issues were quickly resolved.
Fast Paced
Tier III Health Care Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Fast paced. Must be detail orientated. Only contract work available, no holiday or vacation pay. Has 401K. Sometimes overtime is available. Remote work available
Pros
Can set your own hours
Cons
Contract work
Good company
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2018
Good culture and good people. Not a lot of room for growth in my role. CEO is good and engages with everyone. Overall would recommend. Free snacks for all employees.
worked as a contractor
Contractor, Blue Cross Blue Shield (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 27, 2018
 Monitors account delinquencies on daily basis, initiating premium collection attempts as needed. Identifies delinquent premiums as uncollectible and recommends changes to allowance for doubtful accounts.
 Creates journal entries and account reconciliations for accounts and allowance for doubtful accounts for management review. Calculates and generates monthly and quarterly reports for management.
 Processes cancelled accounts, providing billing information, credit refunds, and/or requests for claims refunds.
it was ok
Remote Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Little to no micro management but they did require alot of my time. You often work even more when you work remotely. It was not a bad job but dont get comfortable.
Great place to work.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Home Little River SCJanuary 19, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Jacobson. I can work at home and work on site. Contract jobs with Jacobson has been a great experinced for me. Working with great Managers, Supervisor's and Tead Leads.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No breaks
Interesting
Appeal Analyst Trainer 1 (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 28, 2017
It's who you know NEVER what you know. Decent pay and good contracts but the overall company and head ppl are NOT the best to work under. GREAT pay but the company overall and it's upper management needs to be retrained.
Temporary contract work for insurance claims overload
Work from Home Medicaid Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
This was an AT HOME Medical Claim Adjusting position that I did for Jacobson. The job had the typical start/time time when we had to be signed into the system for work.
The hardest part of the job was working alone at home without an immediate person to go to; however this forced you to take more of a responsibility for your job and make the hard decisions for yourself, which led to your developing confidence in your ability to do the job well
Pros
No Micromanaging
Cons
working alone at home
Staffing Agency
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
They work diligently to get you in a job that would best fit your experience. Although some of the assignments they put you on may not be your favorite, they still do their best to make sure you are happy and content while working a project.
Loved working the CAT duty
Property Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 12, 2017
Jacobson group placed me with a company for CAT duty.
I had over 100 claims to handle for insureds. My day was spent on the phone and computer reviewing coverage, damages and issuing payments to insureds. Management was great. Workplace, did not exist as this was a work from home job. Hardest part was sometimes putting in 2mo of work 12hrs and working two months straight without a day off. It was worth it though.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Temp Job
Good Work at home job.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Work at home claims processing. Training online was difficult through web conferencing but effective. Flexibility of working at home was the best benefit of the job.
No Comment
Hlth Ins Pmt Audit Analyst Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2017
No Comment at this time. With all due respect, I prefer to remain absolutely neutral for this topic. It is unfortunate this survey attempts to force a review, particularly when the participant has provided much of the data that is being sought. This feature should be optional.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
my review summary
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
The ability to travel, the compensation and incentives make this company a great company to work for. I loved the experiences i encountered as i traveled for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jacobson Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Jacobson Group Reviews by Location