The Jewish Board Employee Reviews

The staff resented a LMSW
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2019
The clients were great for the most part. My supervisor played games. The staff was mostly unqualified to work with the seriously mentally ill.. most of the staff were only high school graduates
Pros
I'll. Clients were open to SW intervention
Cons
My supervisor was not supportive
Horrible
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMay 13, 2019
They don’t care about their workers at all. They are more concerned about scaring their workers and their supervisors are encouraged to write up their workers. I was told by a head Person that they don’t like supervisors that are compassionate and that don’t write up their workers.
Pros
Cons
Toxic, ghetto atmosphere created by their managers
Awful Management
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2019
Leadership itself consisted of phenomenal leaders and some others that were complete disasters. My biggest issue working there was the lack of holistic background that some senior leadership positions did not have, which causes conflict, poor collaboration among departments, and overall poor quality of deliverables.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 19, 2019
I loved Working at The Jewish Board. Leadership was supportive and really listened to the staff’s concerns/ideas! I appreciated having the Jewish Holidays off (I observe) , my knowledgeable colleagues and positive work environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and fair compensation
Cons
Promotions are limited
Hope for the future
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2019
Coworkers have Amazing dedication. There are so many positive programs within the organization. Provides opportunities to learn about serious complex mental illness and community outreach. Needs more motivated, respectful, strong leaders who think outside the box and can cultivate change.
Pros
Largest nonprofit in NY state with ample programs, facilities, and open dialogue about structural racism
Cons
Leadership development is needed, diversity in administration doesn’t reflect mission
A caring organization and a great place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2019
Fantastic social services agency with a ton of professional development opportunities. No matter what your interest is, there are challenging positions where you can help so many different types of clients - from very young kids, to teens, families, and more. Management is responsive and always trying to improve the experience for both employees and clients. Kind and supportive colleagues. Terrific benefits. A very stable, financially sound organization, which is particularly hard to find in this sector.
Pros
great healthcare coverage, flexible hours, supportive senior staff, separate vacation and sick days
Cons
it's a nonprofit so salaries could always be better
Great agency
Adult Plus Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2019
Nice place to work, staff friendly administration, team work and great supervision. Great benefits and training opportunities. A good place to begin your career and move on.
Pros
Team work and supportive management
Cons
N/a
Learned a lot was able to get a lot of experience
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2019
Learned a lot was able to get a lot of experience. Management was very unprofessional would not recommend anyone work under her over all I was able to get lots of experience in the field enjoyed helping all clients.
This place was kiddie jail.
Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMarch 19, 2019
This place is closing and the children were released back to their families the staff are now unemployed. The management sucked hated this job worst company I've ever worked for.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Great place to work and learn
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2019
Great learning experience. Work culture is a bit off as there is an extremely high turn over, and not enough structure from the "higher ups". Kind of seem like everyone is "going with the flow". Otherwise and great plce to work. One of my best jobs yet.
Horrible company
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2019
This place has the worst management you can ever think of. From the supervisors to the director, they don't know how to talk to people or handle serious situations. You have to call your union rep 20,000 times before anyone calls you back also! I worked in a Bronx location and it was and still is a hot mess! I would never recommend this organization to anyone as a place of employment. The pay sucks too for what you have to put up with. The supervisor I had to deal with never knew how to do anything. She also played favorites with certain Co workers, if they didn't want to complete an assignment, it was left for the next shift to do every single time.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great entry level position
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 26, 2019
The Jewish Board gave me the platform needed to acquire the skills needed to advance my career. Multitasking skills should be a requirement to work at The Jewish Board considering the fact that you will play multiple roles and wear many different hats a typical day.
Pros
Great entry level position
Cons
Low salary
Horribly Place to Work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 10, 2019
unless you are a man in this organization or have a high postion, you are treated very badly. The working conditions are terrible and there is no communication across different job channels.
Ffs
Case Manager/Social Worker, LMSW (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 1, 2019
used to work as a CM at the Crisis Intervention Program in SI with children and their parents from ages of 5 to 18 doing home visits and helping the children and the parents to resolve the immediate crisis.
You do not want to be there
Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJanuary 21, 2019
If you value your free time and your health this is not the place for you. They do not care if you are done with your shift. I have been injured and seen many coworkers hurt as well. there are no reciprocation for the kids there and we are not allowed to do anything about it. The management does not listen or care.
Youth Advocate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Working at the Jewish board it is as if you do more than is payed. Working with families and other co workers is a wonderful honor but unfortunatly I couldn’t pay the bills and love what I did.
A great place to learn...
FFS Social Worker/ F-T Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 23, 2018
A great place to learn as well as get weekly clinical supervision. Case loads and paperwork can be overwhelming. Poor work/life balance.
Staff support was awesome and encouraging.
Pros
Great place to learn clinical social work skills
Cons
Poor work /life balance
Fun atmosphere
Case Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2018
Jewish Board really helps clients with their problems and assists them in growing and living independent lives. You get a real sense of achievements watching them learn to face the challenges of independent living,
Client focused service
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
Clients are the made the main focus and treated with much respect. Management was very involved and staff meetings were conducted often. The opinions of the staff are held in high regard.
nice place to work
Transition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2018
nice place to work. I worked well with others. Same mission and same goal which was to support the youth. The most enjoyable part was working with the children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jewish Board. Our community is ready to answer.