The Jewish Home Employee Reviews

great place to work
Encore Rehab- PRN therapist (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 11, 2018
clean building, helpful staff. they have several activities provided for the residents at all this building. therapy department is very well stocked with activities.
Skip It!
Wellness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sunnit at BrightonJuly 4, 2018
You have been strongly fore-warned: DO NOT BOTHER!

Your typical day will be twice the work for your wage; you will learn this is a work place with a culture of "who can get away with the least amount of productivity;" Management . . . literally ILLITERATE! Culture is racist/biased/concentric; the hardest part of the job is watching the residents suffer on behalf of such drastic mis-management; and of course the most enjoyable part of the day . . . . punching out!

I'm 57 years old, a plethora of vocational experiences, those of which performances mounted to 6-figuer incomes, but I have never, no NEVER had such negative experiences while working for jewish senior life.
Pros
Cons
Pay scale; no raises; workload; management
Understaffed and worked you hard
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYMarch 31, 2018
I worked here for a few years. Always understaffed. Since they were understaffed they worked you hard because they had to make it up for not a lot of people working. Their was a time they had a enough people and they still worked you like a dog. The dining services managers were not the best managers. They never helped you out. They took advantage of you.
Pros
The residents
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 16, 2018
I'm not sure why people have had such bad experiences because I've worked here over 2 years per diem and really enjoy it as a nurse. I use to work for 2 different nursing agencies who have sent me to many different facility's to work so I've worked at A LOT of nursing homes and there's a reason this place is rated 5 stars! It's very clean, staff are professional and I would work here full time if I didn't have a full time job in homecare. Out of all nursing homes I have worked at throughout NYS this is by far the nicest.
Pros
Clean professional
Cons
Cant think of anything i dont like? Parking maybe? Lol
not bad
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  travel 18512March 6, 2018
The staff is friendly, and knowledgeable they are trusting and hard working. The shifts keep up the pace to be complete for the next shift. Nurses are nice and informative
Pros
shift selection
Cons
work every other weekend
Not a good place to work
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYFebruary 20, 2018
The Jewish home basically did you bad. I give no raises. They take advantage of you. They no work as a team player. I don't suggest you work here. I warn you.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2017
This organization cares about it's employees and the residents. It is a great place to work and the benefits are good too. There is a culture of collaboration and innovation here. Because of this, there can be stressful times (not always!), and overall the organization is growing and it is exciting to be a part of that growth.
Poor management
Director (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 1, 2017
The Jewish Home has been plagued with staff turnover issues for years. The issues start with their senior management team. The CFO is particularly horrible. Expect to be put in the basement for 8-10 hours a day with no windows . You can expect long hours, little job satisfaction, and a large amount of stress. Management doesn't know what they're doing.
Not the best place to work
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYNovember 25, 2017
This is the worst place I ever worked. They work you like a dog. This place is a joke. Talk about wasting food in dining services. I warn you not to work here. Very poor management.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Good.
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 26, 2017
You get to know the people you work with not only in your department but also in other departments through out the facility. Getting to know people from other departments help because it's basically like building a team to make the work day smoother.

Want to know more about The Jewish Home?

Ask a question
The place sucks
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYOctober 19, 2017
This is the worst place I ever workers in my life. I worked at many places but this one sucks. This place sucks. This place sucks. This place sucks. This place sucks.
Pros
The residents
Cons
This place sucks
Not a good place to work
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYOctober 16, 2017
The Jewish home is not a good place to work. Very poor management. The HR should look at the supervisors in dining services. 4 managers sit and do nothing, while everybody else works really hard. They make vacation plans on company time. Don't work here. What ever you do.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Worst place to work
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYAugust 18, 2017
The Jewish home is not a great place to work. I thought it was good at first. It went down hill. I work in dining services. The managers in dining services are rude and disrespectful. They work you like a dog. Do not work here
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 25, 2017
the Jewish home is a great place to work. it can benefit new cnas in a huge way. they teach you how to become a good can they teach you good techniques
Stressful and crazy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 22, 2017
They do not work as a team and they are always on the move so you are never or slim to none to find someone for help with a difficult patient. Also you barely are able to take your scheduled breaks on time
Pros
Good pay and alot of availble hours
Cons
No team work and too many residence a day for one person
Would be a great place if they cared about their residents.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 21, 2017
I loved the Jewish Home for the experience of meeting the residents. I hated it for almost every other reason. Nurse managers were more concerned about how they looked to higher management then anything else, including residents. The supervisors are actually pretty awesome but they have no power to make any real change. CNAs were rude and degrading to residents and other staff. I even had a resident get threatened by one and management did absolutely nothing about it. I had residents crying to me every night about how they just felt like they were a piece of trash there. It was the most heartbreaking thing. If you are a nurse that actually cares about people and believes in what it means to be a nurse, don't work there. You aren't going to change how they do anything and no one cares. If you have a bad attitude, are abusive, just collecting a paycheck, seems like the perfect place for you.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
dont work here
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYApril 5, 2017
Don't work here you will regret it. I worked here for a few years. I thought it was great at first. It went down hill at new Human resources came alot. The pay is not the greatest.
Pros
Love the Residents
Cons
Took advantage of people
Fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 30, 2017
I make sure to clean patient house, prepare food doing some shopping and give patient bath. The hardest part of this job is traveling to city to city.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great pay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Great pay, wonderful benefits, very fun environment. Jewish culture is very interesting and you learn a lot about it. You get to help people and create bonds with the daily.
Pros
Great pay
Nice easy work enviromenT
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 3, 2017
Such Good place to work . Nice people . Clean environment
Only con is not enough parking spaces and usually short staffed . Also the food is not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jewish Home. Our community is ready to answer.