The John Stewart Company Employee Reviews

Very busy work environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 14, 2018
Enjoyed my experiences in this industry. As manager on 296 unit property could be very stressful at times. Dealing with city and federal agencies ciujd get very stressful. Deadlines for funding, property inspections, etc
Pros
Enjoyed working with the public
Cons
Stressful dealing with housing and funding agencies
thankful
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
over all i learned a lot working here thank you for everything. a typical day at work would start off with a short meeting and then daily tasks. the most enjoyable part of this job was sharing ideas.
slow pace
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2018
I you love helping people with low incomes secure a place to live this is the job for you. You should be good at keeping good files and collecting rent on time as well as making the deposits.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Itnis hard to evict someone
Large company and staff pool with lots of opportunities to transfer and/or move around.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed my years working here, but had to move and relocate out of the area. I would return to work for them, but I want to try a different company.
Competetive
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
The management is very relaxed and not always involved directly with management, but gives good opportunities to grow or transfer within the company if desired.
Great Place To Work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Great Place To Work...Really Really Really Great Place To Work....Awesome Place To Work....!!! ~ Really Awesome Place To Work...!!! I Truly Learned Alot...!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 18, 2018
The John Stewart Co is a good place to work depending on the type of property you manage and where it is. I f you work in a high crime area you are going to experience crime on your property, As a manager you are going to have to deal with it.
Stressful and lack of support
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Unprofessionally managed. Culture of back stabbing, claiming others work, and talking about EVERYONE.

There was a change to the Sacramento VP, and ever since, there are now a lot of upset and alienated hard working good employees.
Unprofessional
Office Assistant/Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 17, 2017
Treat your employees and tenants with respect and sensitivity. In my opinion some managers need more training on how to deal with the different staff in a more professional manner.

Regional Managers need training ASAP.
No response
Property Manager for Bay Avenue Senior Apartments (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CANovember 15, 2017
Too much pressure without the needed support required from upper management. Enough said. I do not intend to provide any more responses to your review.
Very good company to work for.
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 8, 2017
Loved the company conference they had every year. Very good regional manager to work with and the training were very helpful. I loved helping at other properties.
The John Stewart Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2017
Excellent company to work for! Great pay and benefits. Community managers usually have a free unit. Great diversity and culture working for a company like JSCO.
good work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 19, 2017
Manger was easy to talk and the residents were very private . It experience was amazing . The resident love communicating with everyone that was at the front desk.
Pros
mostly quite on graveyard shift
Cons
no breaks
Professional company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2017
A professional property management company which offers a variety of training to its' employees. I have worked for the company for many years and enjoyed meeting the many residents who have come and gone.
A gol
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm springsAugust 31, 2017
I really liked working at the John Stewart co and enjoyed seniors that lived there
We kept the place clean and friendly. My co workers were cool and the manager was nice. The only downside was so many inspections and people not understanding the process so they panicked. Over all I had a good times and learned a lot about my self and working with others .I often think about that property a wish things could have been different but life goes on .Now I'm looking forward to a new start and I hope and pray for a good working relationship where ever that may be.
Pros
Freedom to make changes
Cons
To much back stabbing
Good workplace where we can learn and grow.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2017
In charge of overall operations of the property and the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs.

Supervise maintenance and janitorial staff.
Assisting in Property Management
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
As an assistant property manager my job can be very multidimesional. I can go from answering phone calls from residents to handling vendor needs as well as assist inquirers with questions. There are many facets when working in multigenerational housing as there are varying degrees of needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is being of service to the members of my community and staff. The hardest part of this job is the unexpected conflict that can arise on the property. The office can get very busy very unexpectedly and handling the needs of the community can be stressful if you do not come to work prepared for the unexpected. Each day is new and full of opportunities to grow and learn from staff and residents.
Pros
Benifits, Pto
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 3, 2017
Former Manager. Managed properties in Long Beach loved the Company great leadership. Looking to going back to work for this Company. Enjoyed my time with the company
A Place to Grow
Administrator/ LIHTC On Site Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 13, 2017
This is a strong company in the West Coast. The compensation DOE and property's budget. You can grow at any level from Maintenance to Regional Manager etc. Company is fair; it does justice with annual pay increases, trainings needed or asked for,
Pros
growing company with fairness
Cons
sometimes you do not get the extra help needed in case of inspections or audits
I love working for this company
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2017
The John Stewart company is a great company to work for. The people are great and friendly. They like to promote from within before hiring someone from the outside.
Pros
Benefits and the people
Cons
Pay could be more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The John Stewart Company. Our community is ready to answer.