The John Stewart Company Employee Reviews

Good workplace where we can learn and grow.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2017
In charge of overall operations of the property and the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs.

Supervise maintenance and janitorial staff.
Assisting in Property Management
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
As an assistant property manager my job can be very multidimesional. I can go from answering phone calls from residents to handling vendor needs as well as assist inquirers with questions. There are many facets when working in multigenerational housing as there are varying degrees of needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is being of service to the members of my community and staff. The hardest part of this job is the unexpected conflict that can arise on the property. The office can get very busy very unexpectedly and handling the needs of the community can be stressful if you do not come to work prepared for the unexpected. Each day is new and full of opportunities to grow and learn from staff and residents.
Pros
Benifits, Pto
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 3, 2017
Former Manager. Managed properties in Long Beach loved the Company great leadership. Looking to going back to work for this Company. Enjoyed my time with the company
A Place to Grow
Administrator/ LIHTC On Site Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 13, 2017
This is a strong company in the West Coast. The compensation DOE and property's budget. You can grow at any level from Maintenance to Regional Manager etc. Company is fair; it does justice with annual pay increases, trainings needed or asked for,
Pros
growing company with fairness
Cons
sometimes you do not get the extra help needed in case of inspections or audits
I love working for this company
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2017
The John Stewart company is a great company to work for. The people are great and friendly. They like to promote from within before hiring someone from the outside.
Pros
Benefits and the people
Cons
Pay could be more
Worked for Indirectly
Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94109May 28, 2017
While I was technically employed through the John Stewart Company, I had no direct contact with them. I worked at a separate site through a supervisor.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 27, 2017
Great Company to work for. Feels like family. Learning experience. Plenty of chances for advancement. Dedication to provide decent affordable home for all.
Pros
Feels like helping not working
Cons
Residents leaving like losing a family member
One of the best places to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 9, 2017
Lets just say that I had to come back to JSCO!! I love this company. Corporate is great, the employees are great and helpful. I absolutely love my RM.
The John Stewart Co has a wonderful work environment. They are always willing and able to listen to whatever is troubling you or the property.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
This company is willing to give you a chance to prove yourself. They took time to get training for you to help you to succeed in the area of property management. I outdoor never thank them enough.
Pros
Training and attend annual conferences
Cons
Give the property managers more decision making on the property
Promotes Diversity and reasonable work environment
FRONT DESK ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2017
The John Stewart Company does promote diversity in their work environment. As far as management, there are some pitfalls that can be improved on, but it does work well as a team all together in general.
Property Management Company is fun to work with
Payroll Specialist, Payroll Department (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2017
John Stewart Company is manage senior Housing, Hotel, and properties, etc. We manage properties in Sacramento, Marina Bay, East Bay, South Bay, Los Angeles, Santiago, California.
Cons
1 rest break, health and dental
JSCo review
Supportive Housing Property Manager (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAFebruary 14, 2017
My experience with JSCo is that of a very caring company, for both staff and residents alike. The training available to their employees is focused and abundant. They are one of the leaders in affordable Property Management in the State of CA.
Pros
Training, employee growth.
Cons
N/a
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2017
JSCO is a great place to work, I worked for this company for 3 yrs and I met great people who enjoyed what they did everyday.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Property Owners
good experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2016
porter manor was my first building as a property manager. I felt it was convenient as I was pregnant with my first baby and we did not have to pay rent,
The company trainings were great.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 26, 2016
Working with the John Stewart Company was a great experience. JSCO provided enormous hours of training for all staff.
Employee safety is very important within the company.Staff are given advancement opportunities.
productive
Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 17, 2016
I supervise all maintenance and remodel . supervision of all staff. maintenance tech and janitorial. order all materials and supplies. etc. I live on site and respond to emergency calls
Property Management for Affordable Housing
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 18, 2016
Great company, trains and supports staff to do a good job for the property owners. The compensation can be good if your property is well funded, but not all are. Free rent and utilities if your a Property Manager, and usually a bonus at the end of the year. Depending on the property, tenants wont bug you after hours very much if at all or they will knock on your door at all hours of the night, 2-3 times a weeks. The property owners can be great, until someone complains or their management changes and then you could find yourself moved to a different property or out of a job.
Pros
Free rent and utlilities
Cons
Tenants and Owners.
Very Team Oriented
Property Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 2, 2015
I love the work ethic of the John Stewart Company. They are caring, available and never ever ignore your concerns. Unfortunately I became ill relocated and had to resign.
Pros
Great Benefit Package
Property Supervisor for a Challenging Portfolio
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2015
The bulk of my time is spent leading my team of superstar onsite property managers, acting as a resource for problem resolution and source of support & guidance for my staff.
Pros
Being able to telecommute on Fridays
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Job Secure
Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Fast pace of work
Good information related to this type of job
Satisfaction to our costumer
team work
Work with mental ill population
Complete the day with a succeed task
Pros
Cons
Change of management style