The John Stewart Company Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 111 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
The John Stewart Company began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality management for affordable housing in the Bay Area. Today, JSCo is a full-service housing management, development, and consulting organization employing over 1,300 people state-wide. According to the National Affordable Housing Management Association’s 2013 report, JSCo was the largest affordable housing provider in California, and ranked 6th nationwide.
The staff at The John Stewart Company is as multi-faceted as the populations we serve. We have been recognized by the State of California with an award for Excellence in the Workplace for the promotion of ethnic and cultural diversity. Our professional backgrounds are in areas as diverse as real estate, finance, education, sociology, land use planning, public policy, architecture, engineering, construction, accounting and communication. Our diversity of experience, together with our commitment to providing service oriented housing, exemplifies the unique perspective and breadth of services we bring to every client.
You’re seeing all 186 jobs at The John Stewart Company because we can’t find any available jobs at The John Stewart Company close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 574 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Installation & Maintenance
Cleaning & Sanitation
Professional and fast paced work environment. The office is always busy and there is a large amount of data input, paperwork and filing. You need excellent planning skills and good time management to keep up with the workflow.
What is the best part of working at the company? None. If they don’t like you, you will be treated poorly. Rules apply to some and not others. Hostile working environment. What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Working environment and the power trip of upper management. What is the work environment and culture like at the company? It is awful. If you’re not liked, you’ll feel it. What is a typical day like for you at the company? Lots of work and little to no help at all.
The company definitely creates opportunities for career growth. I am very appreciative for the learned experiences and friendship made during my employment.
Its a great job, the level of learning is fast and you learn a lot of things with the time
Flexible workday schedule, breakfast is provided, morning meeting to set the pace for the day's tasks. I have learned to be customer responsive and be congenial and helpful with the customers needs and desires. Management is low pressure and willing to come to your aide at a moments notice. Casual workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is finishing everything on schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is new clients every week.
What would you say about your employer?
Insights from 60 Indeed users who have interviewed with The John Stewart Company within the last 5 years.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- The John Stewart Company