The Joint Chiropractic Employee Reviews

Fun place to work if you are personable, however...
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2018
The workplace culture becomes hostile very fast. You have a very small staff and no real room for growth - for anyone. Any slight advancement is desired by all, however don't trust this company to promote from within. They will always (and I mean ALWAYS) hire a stranger before promoting their own people, regardless of how loyal or hardworking their employees may be. Because the staff is so small, they are very unforgiving if you become sick - there's no one to cover your shift, and if someone IS available, expect them to be bitter towards you for having to come in of their day off. Most days you only work with one other person - the doctor. So if you don't get along, you won't have a good time. Also, you legally cannot take a lunch break for this reason. The doctor cannot be alone in the clinic, so be sure to pack your lunch or be prepared to pay for delivery every day.

I was fortunate enough to adore the doctor I worked with, however our location was the red-headed step child of the local Joint locations so we were constantly talked bad about, and anyone who came in to cover our days off always trashed the office.
Cons
No lunch breaks
Preys on the new grad
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 4, 2018
It was good for getting my hands on a lot of people and crafting my skill, but that’s it... Easy to burn out with the way they conduct business. High expectations for low pay. Opportunity for bonus with converting people to care, but it’s a tourist town. A lot of patients wouldn’t convert bc of this factor.
Cons
9+ hour days with no official lunch, really easy to burn out
Diverse patient base
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2018
There are quite a few great things about working at The Joint. For each clinical director, you are in charge of the daily operations and taking care of patient needs. It's as if you own your own clinic without having the expenses of owning your own clinic. You come to work, work hard, take care of patients and administrative stuff for your job, and go home. The management takes care of the rest. It can be difficult to deal with the fact that the other employee working in the clinic is not under your management, especially if the employee decides not to do their job. The adjusting tables are not always updated in a timely manner, often there are things broken on each table. I gained a lot of adjustment experience while there.
Cons
No scheduled breaks, no scheduled lunch break, no other doctors scheduled to help until you have 60 avg pt visits per day for straight 30 days
Wonderful People
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 26, 2018
I loved working with all the people in the work place plus getting to know each patient made coming to work worth it. I am someone who constantly needs to be challenged and use my mind creatively. My boss would always find ways for me to invest my skills into the company and encourages me to grow as a business person...unfortunately that is not the track that I am on for my career and need to invest time elsewhere. I will be very sad to leave.
Pros
People I work with, close location, free Chiro, patients
Cons
short lunch, needs better communication
Productive environment
AREA OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at The Joint. I met some amazing people,was able use skills that allowed me to be creative. Plus it was an opportunity to learn skills for healthier living.
Pros
Free chiropractic care
Cons
healthcare
The Doctors are awesome
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SCNovember 20, 2018
The Doctors are awesome and I personally would go there to get adjusted because I very much enjoyed working with them. However knowing what I know now I would not work there again.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Have to work through lunch and no breaks
overall the experience was great to have on resume
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2018
there were several wellness coordinators working at the same location so we all had to work together while never seeing one another. mostly everyone was part time with one full time person. this meant that everyone had to follow the same process or it would cause the next coordinator to have to spend large amounts of time fixing mistakes. using e-notes at the end of the day helped for the next days coordinator to know what was going on and what to look out for.
Understanding Clients
Consultant & Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
A typical day in the office was scheduling appointments, Understand clients motives and assigning the appropriate treatment plan for them. The management there is amazing in which they really care about their employees. The hardest part about the job Is you will get a lot of no's so you better have thick skin. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting with new clients everyday.
Pros
Free Adjustment
Cons
No lunch breaks
Easygoing workplace and fun.
Office Manager, Ft. Lauderdale (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Typical day consists of patient input, product sales, patient care.
The environment is all about well-being and quality of life.
Basic computer skills, easy software.

I currently manage the office as well as marketing development .
Pros
Happy and friendly environment.
Cons
No lunch breaks.
chiropractic
Doctor of Chiropractic (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 10, 2018
The Joint has been a great place to work for. They have flexible hours for all the doctors. They pay better than private practices. All cash, no insurance to deal with.
Great place to work part time
Health Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 28, 2018
Management was great! Interacting with patients and educating them on chiropractic care was fun! The hours are long, but doable since positions are part time.
A warning
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 25, 2018
if your looking to advance this is not the place for you.
Please read rhe job description carefully and make sure you ask all the questions. Needed. Follow through and integrity is not a strong suite for this company. Check it out for your self and so the research first.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Decent Pay for Work Load
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 12, 2018
I didn't work here for a very long time but it's easy money for the work load. Management was somewhat difficult to work with. You work one on one with clients and need to reach sale quotas.
Good doctors, but Corporate expectations unsreasonable
WELLNESS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2018
The doctors were able and willing to give quality treatment, but limited by productivity standards imposed by Corporate management who value money and statistical data over patient care.
Pros
easy job
Cons
sales pressure
Good Part time Job
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 22, 2018
Wonderful way to ease people into sales, and allowing them the growth of customer service face to face. Their products are good and the interaction is important as well.
Pros
Great place to work to supplement income
Cons
no room for growth to full time
Great Place to Work
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 19, 2018
The Joint Chiropractic is an excellent place to work. Management is fair and honest, and selling memberships is not only a great way to challenge yourself, but also an opportunity to share the benefits of chiropractic with the public. A typical day at work involves some paperwork and entering customer information into the computer, as well as talking with clients and informing them about the great opportunity The Joint Chiropractic offers to maintain optimal wellness. The doctors are usually very knowledgeable and nice to work with. The hardest part of the job can be selling memberships, but if you take an interest in chiropractic and the potential results clients can experience from maintaining their health through these means, people will naturally take an interest in signing up for a plan or buying a package.
Money hungry business
Chiropractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2018
One of the most money hungry practices I've seen. Numbers and membership sales are all they care about. The overall well being of the patient is not the owner's concern. The concept degrades the chiropractic profession and makes it appears cheap. The doctors work hard and are not compensated well or appreciated. Very high turn around for doctors and wellness consultants. Long hours and only 30 mins for lunch and sometimes you may miss taking a lunch. Not a wellness practice as they want patients to believe.
Poorly managed and not worth it. Stay away.
Misleading and Salesy
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 3, 2018
The position is extremely misleading. The Wellness Coordinator position is actually a sales position and although the doctor should be running the clinic the franchisee actually makes all the decisions. And the Franchisee looks after themself, NOT the patients or the staff! You are encouraged and pressured to badger patients to purchase a plan or package, and if your conversions are low you’re most likely going to be phased out to working only one day a week and eventually just let go. The hardest part of the job is consistently being harassed by the franchisee to get conversions up. In addition you’re expected to work 9-10 hour days, on average seeing 60+ patients a day, with no break whatsoever!! It’s a never ending revolving door at the front desk, the doctors, and at the corporate level, and now I know why! There’s also never a clear understanding of what’s really going on, everything is just EXTREMELY unorganized from the corporate level all the way to the clinic level. Overall, a very hostile work environment and would never recommend anyone here who is serious about the medical field and genuinely care for people.
Pros
The doctor’s & other wellness coordinator’s
Cons
No lunch breaks, low compensation, no advancement, unorganized
Great place to work!
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 26, 2018
Great place to work. The managers, and upper management are available and eager to help solve problems. The benefits are good, the pay is low for pdx.
Pros
Free Adjustments
Cons
Pay is low
Highly Recommend
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OhioJune 25, 2018
Working here was a great experience! I started when the business was first opening so we had a LOT of down time but it is picking up. I am only leaving due to a carrer path change that's a now or never situation. It is all about the manager/owner. I had a great relationship with her so it was a great place to work and friendly environment. We have very fun patients that come in that keeps it interesting and welcoming!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Joint Chiropractic. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight