The Joint Commission Employee Reviews

Great place to work and awesome coworkers
Records Management (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Great atmosphere great people to work with. I loved my job and being able to help people is my calling i enjoy helping people. Working with elderly people is my calling
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Dealing with some people less mannered
Company Mission
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 30, 2018
The Company mission is aspiring: To continuously improve health care for the public, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value.
Life Safety Code Surveyor
Life Safety Code Surveyor (Intermittent) (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Life Safety Code Surveyor for Hospital Accreditation Programs, Critical Access Hospital Programs, Ambulatory Surgery Programs, and Behavioral Health Hospital Programs
Fantastic
Hospital Surveyor (Current Employee) –  VariesJanuary 14, 2018
This is a great company and truly helps organizations move to the next level of patient safety and community involvement. Educational and advancement opportunities are present and the team members are second to none, great collaboration.
Pros
Great Leadership and mission
Cons
Travel in winter
Wonderful Work Experience
Behavioral Health Nurse Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work. Very collaborative and customer service focused. Very supportive of new staff. Very focused on what is best for patient/client care.
Sets an example, does what is asked of the members it serves
Field Representative, Behavioral Health Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 17, 2017
The work is demanding but highly rewarding and provides many opportunities for growth and ongoing learning. The culture is 100% supportive, the travel is sometimes difficult but the opportunity and experience of partnering with different healthcare organizations and assisting them with their high quality care delivery is unmatched.
Dedicated to patient safety and quality
Executive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 1, 2017
Helping to improve the quality and safety of patients around the world.

Constantly updating standards to improve our surveys, days go by quickly.

Management can lose sight of our mission.
Pros
Large lunchroom, celebrations of life as well as career events
Cons
Management loses sight of the reason we are here
Excellent place to work
Life Safety Surveyor (Intermittent) (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 26, 2017
The Best job for my past experience. Very professional. Proactive Training Annual week long Education required. Yellow Belt Certification required.
Pros
The best company I ever worked for
Cons
Travel delays - Air
This is the primary accreditating body for hospitals in the United States
Assistant Director of Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 25, 2017
During my 15 years here, I managed the travel department, the conference center, meeting planning, corporate policy development and records management. It was a diversified responsibility which I enjoyed.

With a staff of 22, we arranged the travel to and from every hospital in the united states and the military hospitals around the world; prepared survey reports for the Board, managed the conference center and conference rooms, ran the file rooms and records retention program, and developed the first Corporate Policy Manual.

Pros
Diversified work areas which kept things interesting every day
Cons
The recession caused many job losses.
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table!
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJune 26, 2017
Patient safety is their #1 priority
It is very meaningful work
100% the best benefits ever!!
They offer remote/work from home opportunities
They have a great wellness program and offers many activities to help you stay healthy
Pros
Onsite cafeteria with freshly made food for breakfast and lunch
great culture. strong moral leadership.
Director (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook Terrace IllinoisJune 3, 2017
Strong organizational vision and strategy.
Great culture.
Sense of meaning within the organization.
Always trying to keep patient focus.
Very employee focused.
A great mission oriented organization. Fun to work at.
Manager, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 27, 2017
The Joint Commission on Accreditation of healthcare organization is a mission oriented organization serving the public health. Fun to work in a team oriented environment and a great leadership at all levels of management. Provides opportunity to advance and a constant learning and improvement environment.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefit Package. Safety Culture environment
Cons
Extremely dedicated to meeting deadlines puts pressure on some employees
Good, friendly people to work with.
Clinical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook Terrace, ILFebruary 27, 2017
I liked working here. The job was challenging. Management was hands off, in that I was not micromanaged, which I like. I'm a self starter, so I don't need someone looking over my shoulder all the time.
Pros
Challengeing and I learned new systems.
Overworked and busy
Engineer Support Specialist Internship (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 25, 2017
To many responsibilities on single people. Very stressful. under paid for non-for profit. People were easily burnt out. Working positions were unfair. Advancement was lied about
stable company
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 11, 2017
typical day at work, 10-4
what you learned: politics
management, too many layers
co-workers, nice
the hardest part of job: must follow
the most enjoyable part of job: flexible work hours
Pros
generous holidays, sick, vacation days off
Cons
no career growth
Productive quality enhancing workplace
Associate Project Director (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 9, 2016
This company was focused on quality improvement. This company encouraged professional growth and education. There was minimal travel required. This company was good to work for.
Good Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is guiding organizations back to providing quality patient care. Also love the people I work with and the opportunity to work remote. The hardest part of my job is that I work on CST but live on the West Coast on PST.
Great Place to Work
Coordinator of Support and Technology (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 19, 2016
I have learned a lot from my Leadership at The Joint Commission. By given the opportunity to join the Lean Six Sigma philosophy, I have gained a lot of experience using and promoting my success through Change Management.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
n/a
A progressive organization focused on improving quality and patient safety
Full Time Nurse Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 18, 2016
Surveys health care organizations throughout the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
don't do it!
Business Analyst-Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 10, 2016
There is no structured training and there are a lot of politics. Great benefits and time off if you can make it past the 6 Month probation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Joint Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Joint Commission Reviews by Location