The Kati Roll Company Employee Reviews

Confidential
Confidential Investigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2019
All I like to say “ The worst experience in my life “ Stores manager treat employees like slaves
Unprofessional including the owners “ they have no idea how to To treat someone professional
Pros
Confidential
Cons
Short break
June 12, 2019

SMH…Please see the below responses.

Compared to the industry we have higher than average take-home pay, lowest employee churn rate, paid vacation etc.

We work hard to be able to afford this because we believe our people work very hard for us and we try our best to retain them and keep them happy.

I guess we can’t please everybody!

Mickey Mouse Operation
Indian Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2019
These people are just plain awful. They disrespect their employees, favor their kind, don't allow employees to take their 30 minute brakes. It is very poorly managed and very poisonous environment just to be at.
Cons
No Brakes
Dirty Place to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2019
Management do not like to fix their dirty locations. There are pests and rats. Horrible experience and environment to work at. Sometimes they do not allow to take break.
June 12, 2019

We are surprised to read your review, especially because the facts are completely different from your experience. We have an ‘A’ rating proudly displayed in front of all locations, This rating, as you may know, is given by the Department of Health after a surprise inspection. Any sign of pests would result in the DOH giving a ‘C’ at best and closing the store down at worst.

Our team members work very hard for us, and we ensure that everyone gets a 30 minute break for every shift over 6 hours. In fact, we have written up people for not taking their breaks!

We are proud of our industry-leading employment practices, like a 2 week paid vacation for every employee, earning more than minimum wage and other benefits. We also have one of the highest employee retention rates in the entire industry.

It seems like you are upset and/or you had an unfortunate experience. We would encourage you to reach out to your manager or the office so that we can address any valid issues you have.

Disrespectful Management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2019
This place is horrendous. Unstable management that won't listen to their employees when something wrong occurs with health violations and unsafe work environment. Skip this place.
Cons
No Breaks
June 12, 2019

Thank you for the review. We understand that you were unhappy and I am sure you had valid reasons. We only wish you reached out directly to the owners if you felt you weren’t being heard. As you probably know, we also have a suggestion/feedback box in each location.

We have been quite ‘stable’ since 2002–longer than most restaurants in the city. And a big part of that is our loyal employees.

Team member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Very unpleasant and chaotic establishment. This place is gross. Do not recommend working over here. Management treat you with no respect and do not care about their workers.
Cons
Pay
Be Prepared To Be Overworked and Underappreciated
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Do not work here!!!! Too much favoritism...I started with a lot of hours to almost none. They expect you to operate like a robot. The workers snitch on each other to make themselves look good. Poor management they never actually manage only take information from the supervisors and use it to decide if they want to keep you on or not. Waste of time!!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Poor Management, Favoritism
Bad People
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Bad managers, bad hours, overall a horrible experience. I got my schedule the day of working. Couldn't talk to anyone, and hard to get to the manager.
Cons
No Breaks
June 12, 2019

It is unfortunate that your experience was less than ideal. Our schedules are usually published in advance on a fixed day, as is the normal practice everywhere.

As a company we are known for accommodating team-member schedules based on their family needs, education etc. Our managers give their contact information to all employees and are always available. Moreover, the owner’s phone number is displayed openly in every location as well. If you are still working with us, then please give us a call. We are always happy to take care of things to our emplyees’ satisfaction.

Awful Company
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
This is awful company to work for. Please do not waste time with them. They are very unprofessional and they do not care about their employees. Be Aware.
Racist only like there own kind
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 15, 2018
I was hospitalized for a week and had proof and kept the company informed the whole time when I got out and called for my schedule I was told they no longer needed me . I also had a signed contract with them they hire other cultures and nationality to make it look good but they are more fond of there own kind .
Cons
Unprofessional
Don’t recommend
Any position (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2018
I don’t recommend not one to work for Katy roll company “ un-professional 100% please never apply to work with them “ will be dissatisfied, disappointing “ the food is horrible
Fast paced work place
Cashier/ Roller (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10003July 18, 2018
It was a good job but extremely fast paced. You are expected to learn everything on your own and fast. There was minimum training for the job.You have to be adaptable and fast learner to work here
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work and earn for experience in costumer service.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Two things i have in my mind, love your work has so much big difference in "like your work". Things should be separate from business to personal life.
productive and positive environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 26, 2016
The environment at Kati Roll Company is very positive and a great experience. I have learned how to manage a business, train new hires, Make schedules, gained people skills, provide great customer service and manage a shift when the manager isn't here. My co-workers are my team and we all work together to make sure that the customers are receiving great service and leaving the store with a smile. I enjoy seeing my co-workers laugh and have fun while getting the job done and the customers growing a "customer-employee" relationship. When there is a conflict with a vegetarian order, there are times when the customer will pick an argument with the cashier and start yelling. I will have to step in, calm the customer down, make the roll in front of the customer and give the customer a roll free of charger.
Pros
free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
culturally bias
working enviroment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
a very friendly working environment. Really good management. Treat the employee as family. Employee works without any complain. Well mannered customers. Most of them are regular customer. known by employees.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
Busy work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 16, 2014
It was a great place to work. My typical day at work is attending to customer to daily lunch need. and i learn a lot being being a customer service representative for these customers
Pros
30 min lunch break