The Kennedy Center, Inc. Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 9, 2017
I was hired at KC for a relief staff when on my application I put full time they claimed to not have any full time available but the house I got to had 1 part time open and 2 full time positions open. My clients are awesome but every time I ask for a full time position (because other relief workers take all the hours they want and then I'm left with the fill ins, really cappy hours too) they tell me it's a hiring freeze. But voila! I'm on indeed searching for a full time job I see Kennedy Center everywhere.
Pros
Relaxed job
Cons
Pay, lack of hours, no management
Exciting place to work.
Management Intern DeVos Institute of the Arts (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2017
This was an internship. I learned a lot about retail. I also got to see many shows at a discounted price. Everyone was very kind and helpful. Highly recommend.
The Kennedy Center, Inc.
DDS Community Activities Coach (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTAugust 14, 2016
Typical Work Day: Supervise adults with special needs, plan activities within the day program or in the community, write reports.

What I've Learned: There are more appropriate human services positions with a Bachelor's degree.

Management: Community activities are limited because the administration restricts funding.
Pros
Many open positions, Variety of human service departments
Cons
Low salaries, High health insurance deductible
Good Company
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 11, 2015
Good place to work. A lot of diversity which I love about them. Good staff team and management. The only negative is that it is hard to advance in the company.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Pay