The Kindezi Schools Employee Reviews

kindezi
Student Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
a good place to work at. if your looking to advance this is a good place. It can be tough at the time, depending on the demographics, but overall it is worth every minute that you build with the students and the community.
False sense of community
Teacher (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJune 14, 2018
The organization appears to be making things up as they go along at the expense of poor Black children. There is a lack of support from admin.This is a for-profit charter management organization.
Pros
small class sizes
Cons
stressful, redundant planning, weak leadership, false sense of community (lack of support)
Kindezi
6th grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  386 Pine StreetJune 12, 2018
I taught ELA and SS for 6th graders. It was difficult to work there. The admin was different from what I was use to. The culture is different. I met new people and learned some things.
Lots to Do, Not enough time
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2018
The staff and administration are absolutely wonderful. The mission statement of the school matters and everyone works really hard for the kids. There has been a shift to focus more on testing which has been hard for staff and kids to navigate when it started out with such a wholistic focus.
Pros
Culture, loving administrators
Cons
Work load, emphasis on testing
Productive and Fun Workplace
Substitue Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2018
Kindezi School West is a great place to work. The staff and students are friendly and easy to get along with. I like how you are able to engage with the students.
A thriving charter school that provides educational opportunities for disadvantaged youth of central Atlanta.
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2017
Kindezi is a great place to work. When you enter the building you are immediately greeted by the school leader. Who has four assistant principals who she entrusts with the overall daily routines and management of the school. My responsibilities range from managing, training, and coaching teachers to maintaining a school budget and dealing with student behaviors. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a good work-life balance, but the being able to provide better opportunities for students and building a strong school community made it all enjoyable.
Pros
Centrally located in downtown Atlanta next to all the major attractions.
Cons
Does not have a busing system.
Productive fun workplace!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2017
Friendly work environment where growth and learning developments are highly encouraged. Great staff and dedicated teachers. Would highly recommend the tutoring program at this school.
Second family
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
I love my co-workers, leadership, and my students! I truly feel like I have a second family. There is room for autonomy and advancement. The administration is supportive and considers the input of the teachers. The students are treated with love and dignity, and are challenged through a rigorous curriculum. I love Kindezi!
Very Good for Those who want to make a difference.
Music Special Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2016
This place is very good for those who like to take ownership of their work. Kindezi work environment is very flexible and tries to work with those who also have ventures in their lives that call their attention. Kindezi also seeks to find ways to use the talents of the staff in ways that benefit both the children, establishment and the individual teachers.
Pros
flexible, community oriented, family based
Cons
structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Kindezi Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight