The King's Daughters' School
The King's Daughters' School Employee Review

The King's Daughters' School Residential Assistant Teaching Assistant Review - Save Yourself Now Honey!

April 18, 2019
KDS is a great place to work if you enjoy a middle school atmosphere. No matter what shift you work, you will have to deal with drama. Why, you might wonder. The answer? Administration. Primarily, the education administration. They like to choose one employee to bully everyone else so they do not actually have to do their job. It doesn't matter if that employee smokes on campus or wrecks the bus, as long as she snitches on enough people. Furthermore, educational administration spreads gossip about all the employees, including making private information public. Residential administration does not treat residential assistants with respect and makes it impossible to do your job! According to them, it's healthy for kids to be on technology fourteen hours a day and gorge themselves with pizza :) Employees who have been there for years are not respected and pushed under the rug. You'll be sucked up to so that you'll work extra hours but talked badly about behind your back. It's the most unprofessional environment imaginable. Absolutely do not accept a job here.
Pros
the kids
Cons
everything else
July 19, 2020
Same roleSame location
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) - Columbia, TN
I was excited about landing this job. It pays well and I care about the kids. However, they do not train you and the people that work there are very gossipy, mean and catty. Its like being thrown back into cliques in highschool. It’s insanely stressful. They give you paid training but do not prepare you for the reality of the job or daily tasks. Most people don’t know what they are doing and it creates a sense of chaos. It became overrun with Covid-19 They can’t keep good, caring, loving people at this job because the bad people have the upper hand. I loved the students but dreading going to work because of my coworkers were highly unprofessional and cruel.
Pros
It pays well, flexible schedule, interacting with the students
Cons
Stressful, chaotic, unprofessional, safety hazard
April 16, 2019
Same roleSame location
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) - Columbia, TN
If you go in for an interview and they offer you a position at the Center for Autism, DECLINE!!! If I could give that place 0 stars I absolutely would! I’ve never worked at a place that treated their employees so horribly! The management there does nothing but gossip and create drama. The people who actually work with the kids are not valued in anyway. As a residential assistant, management will treat you like a joke but beg you to work extra hours every week. Many times expecting you to work 7 days a week so they don’t have to come in on their off days. Not that they actually deal with the kids for more then 5 minutes at a time anyway, before going into their offices and shutting the door. When the residential administrator is off she will tell you to call with any problems. However when we had to call her she got angry and said “I can’t make myself available every day”, yet expects staff to do so. Administrators gossip about staff to other staff. The list goes on. The kids are the only thing good about the place. But they have no structure and the staff are not told any behavior plans for them either, making it impossible to properly do your job. Absolutely do not recommend working here!
Pros
Kids can be sweet
Cons
Everything else
September 4, 2020
Same location
Housekeeper/Janitorial (Current Employee) - Columbia, TN
This is a 501C non-profit organization so the pay is very low and the company strives for longevity versus upfront pay which is a dangerous game to play when people expect to be paid fairly with a good starting pay.
Pros
Supportive staff, donated food to staff from parents, parties, Pto
Cons
Pay, holidays are worked, summers are not off as this is a boarding school