The King's Daughters' School

The King's Daughters' School Employee Reviews in Columbia, TN

The hardest part of my job was the people. It is just like going to high school with the unnecessary amount of drama that there is on a daily basis. other than that, the clients are great.
This is a 501C non-profit organization so the pay is very low and the company strives for longevity versus upfront pay which is a dangerous game to play when people expect to be paid fairly with a good starting pay.
Pros
Supportive staff, donated food to staff from parents, parties, Pto
Cons
Pay, holidays are worked, summers are not off as this is a boarding school
I was excited about landing this job. It pays well and I care about the kids. However, they do not train you and the people that work there are very gossipy, mean and catty. Its like being thrown back into cliques in highschool. It’s insanely stressful. They give you paid training but do not prepare you for the reality of the job or daily tasks. Most people don’t know what they are doing and it creates a sense of chaos. It became overrun with Covid-19 They can’t keep good, caring, loving people at this job because the bad people have the upper hand. I loved the students but dreading going to work because of my coworkers were highly unprofessional and cruel.
Pros
It pays well, flexible schedule, interacting with the students
Cons
Stressful, chaotic, unprofessional, safety hazard
Whether you work on campus or off or in the school it’s garbage. If enjoy seeing the clients that come in from DCS to get abused by staff at KDS by all means work here. Getting paid 10.50 a hour isn’t enough for what you have to go threw on a daily basis. Also if you’re not a favorite Or African American you will be targeted and out the door before you know it. Favoritism is huge here. Beware just about everyone who works here is fake.
Alot of personal problems around the building. Always understaff. Over time is always available, yet no one always wants it because of poor management.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
If you are considering working at kings daughters, LOOK ELSEWHERE. I cant say a single positive thing about this place. Although if you enjoy being surrounded by adults who act 12 years old, floors that are caved in, and a moldy/musty atmosphere THEN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!! :) If you so happen to choose to work here, you will be miserable every day of your life. Please save yourself and dont ever step in the doors. I would LOVE to give this place 0 stars!!
Pros
Relationships with kids
Cons
Everything else is god awful
I wouldn't recommend working here. The kids are great to work with, but the higher management doesn't care much and there is constant drama between staff and different departments
KDS is a great place to work if you enjoy a middle school atmosphere. No matter what shift you work, you will have to deal with drama. Why, you might wonder. The answer? Administration. Primarily, the education administration. They like to choose one employee to bully everyone else so they do not actually have to do their job. It doesn't matter if that employee smokes on campus or wrecks the bus, as long as she snitches on enough people. Furthermore, educational administration spreads gossip about all the employees, including making private information public. Residential administration does not treat residential assistants with respect and makes it impossible to do your job! According to them, it's healthy for kids to be on technology fourteen hours a day and gorge themselves with pizza :) Employees who have been there for years are not respected and pushed under the rug. You'll be sucked up to so that you'll work extra hours but talked badly about behind your back. It's the most unprofessional environment imaginable. Absolutely do not accept a job here.
Pros
the kids
Cons
everything else
If you go in for an interview and they offer you a position at the Center for Autism, DECLINE!!! If I could give that place 0 stars I absolutely would! I’ve never worked at a place that treated their employees so horribly! The management there does nothing but gossip and create drama. The people who actually work with the kids are not valued in anyway. As a residential assistant, management will treat you like a joke but beg you to work extra hours every week. Many times expecting you to work 7 days a week so they don’t have to come in on their off days. Not that they actually deal with the kids for more then 5 minutes at a time anyway, before going into their offices and shutting the door. When the residential administrator is off she will tell you to call with any problems. However when we had to call her she got angry and said “I can’t make myself available every day”, yet expects staff to do so. Administrators gossip about staff to other staff. The list goes on. The kids are the only thing good about the place. But they have no structure and the staff are not told any behavior plans for them either, making it impossible to properly do your job. Absolutely do not recommend working here!
Pros
Kids can be sweet
Cons
Everything else
This job has taught me so much since first day I entered Kings Daughters.The work place is drama filled that never ends.Theirs favortism,and while one gets to miss so many days,the others gets wrote up.If we were truely valued more,then people would stay.3rd shift goes unnoticed,while the other shifts gets praised.Employee can wreck the bus,then get employee of the month.While theirs child abuse employee tries speaking up,then gets talked about for doing so,and dont believe them.The pay could be higher.A 2 dollar raise is not enough.A lot of employees are still here cause of the students they are like family.The managers is just as bad with drama than it is with employess.When you hear stuff as you pass the rooms stuff wished never heard,is ridiculous. The teachers gets to go to more outings than the employess.They are top pick over everything,but the assistants knows the kids more,and does the dirty work,but still no praise while they get praise,and employee of the month.If yall want to keep people treat them better.
Pros
No lunch breaks if short staff
Cons
No pto if short staff
Great place to work to earn experience and gain skills. The staff and students are all wonderful however the salary is very low and not comparable to other places.
I worked third shift (11p-7a) for three months before leaving due to personal reasons. I have regretted it ever since. I loved my co-workers, I loved my clients, and I loved the general atmosphere. On third shift there was some light housekeeping while the clients slept such as sweeping, mopping, and laundry and you have to wake up the clients in the morning (depending on the home you were working) which could sometimes be a struggle but you learn to adapt quickly. It can be stressful at times, but most of the time it is well worth it.
Pros
Great co-workers, great clients, great atmosphere
Cons
Can be stressful at times
I love working at Kings Daughters School because I get to do things that I would never normally get to do on my own and I’m doing Gods work by helping these individuals by guiding them and showing them the proper way to do things in the proper way to act in public and giving them a purpose
Pros
Get to go on activities with the individuals
Cons
Dealing with a bad behavior like stomping kicking yelling screaming Hitting
best place i have ever worked. will truly miss being there. even though it had its stressful days, it proved every day to be a rewarding place to work.
Pros
you build relationships that you will cherish for a lifetime.
Cons
This is a great program that serves our community. The clients have opportunities to have services and support outside most other programs. The staff are definitely the student's family and try to support and love them.
For the job you are doing working with children with disabilities and at times it is very stressful! Any employee that deals with some of those situations need to be paid a lot more then offered. Its sad when you can get more pay from Walmart.
Pros
variety of shifts
Cons
unappreciated and under paid
I absolutely loved working with the children at the King's Daughters' School. In fact, I only went to college to better serve their population. Those children make the job worth while.
Pros
The children and young adults I served
Cons
Politics
A typical day of work at the King's Daughters' School started with the residential care of students in their on-campus homes/dorms and continued with the school day. It was my job to aid teachers in their lessons, but I have to say that the experience left me with more knowledge, life and people experience than I could have ever imagined. I thoroughly enjoyed working with most of my coworkers; we were like a family working toward the same goal, which was to care for and educate children who were differently-abled. The hardest part of the job was the reality behind some of the disorders and/or conditions these children dealt with; the most enjoyable part of the job was the way most handled their life situations. They were honestly some of the strongest and most resilient people I've ever known, and the positive nature most exhibited in a world of judgement taught me more about life than I've ever learned elsewhere.
Pros
Working with great people all around; great learning experience
Cons
Short breaks, physical behavior modification if needed
• Assisted teachers with creating the daily agenda, class assignments, and school activities. • Accompanied students to Doctors appointments, and dispensed medication. • Primary teachers aid in the gym and all other tasks on hand.