The King's Daughters' School

The King's Daughters' School Management reviews

I was excited about landing this job. It pays well and I care about the kids. However, they do not train you and the people that work there are very gossipy, mean and catty. Its like being thrown back into cliques in highschool. It’s insanely stressful. They give you paid training but do not prepare you for the reality of the job or daily tasks. Most people don’t know what they are doing and it creates a sense of chaos. It became overrun with Covid-19 They can’t keep good, caring, loving people at this job because the bad people have the upper hand. I loved the students but dreading going to work because of my coworkers were highly unprofessional and cruel.
Pros
It pays well, flexible schedule, interacting with the students
Cons
Stressful, chaotic, unprofessional, safety hazard
Low pay...High tuition for autistic children and management that would not make it at Burger King. Look elsewhere!! I am not really sure how parents of these children do not want better care of their kids. They did not take COVID-19 seriously so they had an outbreak of course.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Whether you work on campus or off or in the school it’s garbage. If enjoy seeing the clients that come in from DCS to get abused by staff at KDS by all means work here. Getting paid 10.50 a hour isn’t enough for what you have to go threw on a daily basis. Also if you’re not a favorite Or African American you will be targeted and out the door before you know it. Favoritism is huge here. Beware just about everyone who works here is fake.
Alot of personal problems around the building. Always understaff. Over time is always available, yet no one always wants it because of poor management.
I wouldn't recommend working here. The kids are great to work with, but the higher management doesn't care much and there is constant drama between staff and different departments
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
KDS is a great place to work if you enjoy a middle school atmosphere. No matter what shift you work, you will have to deal with drama. Why, you might wonder. The answer? Administration. Primarily, the education administration. They like to choose one employee to bully everyone else so they do not actually have to do their job. It doesn't matter if that employee smokes on campus or wrecks the bus, as long as she snitches on enough people. Furthermore, educational administration spreads gossip about all the employees, including making private information public. Residential administration does not treat residential assistants with respect and makes it impossible to do your job! According to them, it's healthy for kids to be on technology fourteen hours a day and gorge themselves with pizza :) Employees who have been there for years are not respected and pushed under the rug. You'll be sucked up to so that you'll work extra hours but talked badly about behind your back. It's the most unprofessional environment imaginable. Absolutely do not accept a job here.
Pros
the kids
Cons
everything else
If you go in for an interview and they offer you a position at the Center for Autism, DECLINE!!! If I could give that place 0 stars I absolutely would! I’ve never worked at a place that treated their employees so horribly! The management there does nothing but gossip and create drama. The people who actually work with the kids are not valued in anyway. As a residential assistant, management will treat you like a joke but beg you to work extra hours every week. Many times expecting you to work 7 days a week so they don’t have to come in on their off days. Not that they actually deal with the kids for more then 5 minutes at a time anyway, before going into their offices and shutting the door. When the residential administrator is off she will tell you to call with any problems. However when we had to call her she got angry and said “I can’t make myself available every day”, yet expects staff to do so. Administrators gossip about staff to other staff. The list goes on. The kids are the only thing good about the place. But they have no structure and the staff are not told any behavior plans for them either, making it impossible to properly do your job. Absolutely do not recommend working here!
Pros
Kids can be sweet
Cons
Everything else
This job has taught me so much since first day I entered Kings Daughters.The work place is drama filled that never ends.Theirs favortism,and while one gets to miss so many days,the others gets wrote up.If we were truely valued more,then people would stay.3rd shift goes unnoticed,while the other shifts gets praised.Employee can wreck the bus,then get employee of the month.While theirs child abuse employee tries speaking up,then gets talked about for doing so,and dont believe them.The pay could be higher.A 2 dollar raise is not enough.A lot of employees are still here cause of the students they are like family.The managers is just as bad with drama than it is with employess.When you hear stuff as you pass the rooms stuff wished never heard,is ridiculous. The teachers gets to go to more outings than the employess.They are top pick over everything,but the assistants knows the kids more,and does the dirty work,but still no praise while they get praise,and employee of the month.If yall want to keep people treat them better.
Pros
No lunch breaks if short staff
Cons
No pto if short staff