The Kintock Group Employee Reviews

poor place to work
Resident Supervisory (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJDecember 19, 2018
very poorly managed, and not enough compensation to the work or deal with the residents or managers. there is also a lot o favoritism and no room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
poor management, favoritism
Solid HR staff
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 16, 2018
Enjoyable work life balance Stable work environment Generous paid time off Good place to start criminal justice career
No growth for advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJMarch 20, 2018
Management will talk down to staff

Inconsistency with managements policy and procedures

Treat the facility as if its a prison

No room for growth

Does not give raises/bonuses
Worst place for parolees
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2018
There is an epidemic of K2 use that nothing is being done about. Ive seen residents passed out on the bathroom floors, in the hallways, and laundry room. Overdoses are frequent and paramedics arrive at least 4 times a week. My former co workers are fickle and some of the female staff is snooty(too close to residents).
Besides the employment/school managers, Residents need better care and motivation to have a chance at success at reintergration.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Hypocritical management
Stepping Stone
Social Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJSeptember 7, 2018
A nice place to get started if looking for advancement in corrections or moving on to a state job. Environment is restrictive but educational and worth the time investment.
Halfway House
Administrative Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJanuary 16, 2019
The Kintock Group was a great place to work. The people were great to work with. My boss was very approachable and able to handle anything that came his way, he was and still is the best boss I've ever had.
Pros
great place with a great mission
Cons
no cons
Great Experience
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2018
You receive great experience within the field of criminal justice. The staff was great. I managed about 8 people and they made my job easy for the most part. Upper management make all the money so if you can work your way up, you'll be set. I was able to receive a promotion about 1.5 years in. Kintock is one of the best Halfway Houses around.
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2018
The place could be better to work at, need better management involved. My experience was good overall, working in the Day Reporting Program was really great, morning meetings and daily groups through out the day. I participated in groups and facilitated groups they were really fun and great feed back from the clients.
was fast paced environment
RESIDENTAL SUPERVISOR/ LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJFebruary 23, 2018
Managment was a problem, and staffing couldn't keep staff. Turnover rate was very high. Was disorganized for the most part. I got put into a lead supervisor position and never got a raise for the change.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
to many chiefs and not enough Indians
Heavy workload and caseload with low pay, good work hours
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 4, 2018
Very low wages for a large caseload and an overwhelming amount of timely job duties. Several chains of command which create confusion and disorganization. Work hours are good for working parents.
Pros
Work Hours, summer staff recreation day is fun and refreshing
Cons
Expectations are unrealistic and work load is overwhelming, low pay

Want to know more about The Kintock Group?

Ask a question
Very Intense Work Environment
Parole Services Liaison (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day consists of interaction with an inmate population, which includes males/females of all backgrounds and ages. Working here I have learned a lot about the criminal justice system as well as how to deal with different attitudes of inmates and staff. I believe the culture of the company has changed because of the changes in management over the years. I've noticed that the staff morale is really low, which contributes to the high employee turnover rate and I believe management should communicate and interact more with staff to bring some resolve to this issue. What I enjoy most about the job is being able to help others, especially those who have committed crimes are re-entering into the communities that we live in. Maybe if they see that someone cares, other than their family members, then maybe they will want to do better to become productive members of society.
Terrible upper management
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Bridget on, NJMay 19, 2018
Majority of the directors, including the head of HR and the cite administrator, are hypercritical and incapable of leading. They are a bunch of snakes in the grass. The motto there is firm fair and consistent and no one follows it. They need to bring back their old management team before it goes under ground.
Demanding
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJAugust 4, 2018
Be prepared to work a lot of overtime, and sacrifice your free time for this company. The top directors working there can be very childish and cruel. Otherwise, it's a fine place to work. It's an easy job. I got along with all of my coworkers. If you're cool with working with convicted felons, the job is not hard and can even be pretty fun at times. It's just that the hours are so demanding. 60+ hours a week was too much for me personally.
Worst job I have ever worked.
Manager of Resident Supervisors (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJMarch 28, 2018
Horrible working enviroment, managemnt is terrible and needs to be completely replaced with compitent and caring staff. Terrible working enviroment. Employees were just bodies.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
(Management staff was unprofessional and racist) (The inmates were more respectful than my bosses.)
always busy not alot of fun
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2017
Kintock is a great Job I learned a lot of things I have a lot of experience but I chose A CJ degree that's the kind of career I want to be something in law enforcement
Pros
you can learn alot
Cons
Management could be alot better
Good place to get your start
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 15, 2017
Not a career move, low, not appreciated by management. Modern day slavery. Your dealing with grown children. It's a good start if you cant find something else. Looks good on your resume if you're fresh out of college.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
low paycheck
Fast pace environment/private corrections
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 6, 2018
Great entry level position to gain knowledge and experience in the private corrections setting and criminal justice field. Great place to learn and opportunity for growth.
Entry-Level
Health Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 2, 2017
I recommend this job for individuals fresh out of college. Good entry level positions with minimal room for growth. If you are passionate about helping others, then this is the place to be. If your looking for a competitive salary, then this is not the company for you
Pros
Close proximity to home
Cons
Healthcare and salary
Unprofessional workplace
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJMay 22, 2014
The job is very easy, but due to the lack of communication and how unprofessional the management is, it make it stressful.
Cons
No raises, shortbreaks, unprofessional, lack of communication, favoritim
A stepping stone
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 21, 2011
There is no room for advancement. When a higher level position opens up, they almost always hire from the outside. However, for a non-profit organization the salaries and benefits are considerably better than other places.
Pros
employee appreciation every quarter, good benefits
Cons
inconsistent instruction from management, high turn over, lack of resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Kintock Group. Our community is ready to answer.