The Kintock Group Employee Reviews

Worst place for parolees
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2018
There is an epidemic of K2 use that nothing is being done about. Ive seen residents passed out on the bathroom floors, in the hallways, and laundry room. Overdoses are frequent and paramedics arrive at least 4 times a week. My former co workers are fickle and some of the female staff is snooty(too close to residents).
Besides the employment/school managers, Residents need better care and motivation to have a chance at success at reintergration.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Hypocritical management
Demanding
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJAugust 4, 2018
Be prepared to work a lot of overtime, and sacrifice your free time for this company. The top directors working there can be very childish and cruel. Otherwise, it's a fine place to work. It's an easy job. I got along with all of my coworkers. If you're cool with working with convicted felons, the job is not hard and can even be pretty fun at times. It's just that the hours are so demanding. 60+ hours a week was too much for me personally.
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2018
The place could be better to work at, need better management involved. My experience was good overall, working in the Day Reporting Program was really great, morning meetings and daily groups through out the day. I participated in groups and facilitated groups they were really fun and great feed back from the clients.
Fast pace environment/private corrections
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 6, 2018
Great entry level position to gain knowledge and experience in the private corrections setting and criminal justice field. Great place to learn and opportunity for growth.
Terrible upper management
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Bridget on, NJMay 19, 2018
Majority of the directors, including the head of HR and the cite administrator, are hypercritical and incapable of leading. They are a bunch of snakes in the grass. The motto there is firm fair and consistent and no one follows it. They need to bring back their old management team before it goes under ground.
Great Experience
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2018
You receive great experience within the field of criminal justice. The staff was great. I managed about 8 people and they made my job easy for the most part. Upper management make all the money so if you can work your way up, you'll be set. I was able to receive a promotion about 1.5 years in. Kintock is one of the best Halfway Houses around.
Worst job I have ever worked.
Manager of Resident Supervisors (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJMarch 28, 2018
Horrible working enviroment, managemnt is terrible and needs to be completely replaced with compitent and caring staff. Terrible working enviroment. Employees were just bodies.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
(Management staff was unprofessional and racist) (The inmates were more respectful than my bosses.)
No growth for advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJMarch 20, 2018
Management will talk down to staff

Inconsistency with managements policy and procedures

Treat the facility as if its a prison

No room for growth

Does not give raises/bonuses
Very Intense Work Environment
Parole Services Liaison (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day consists of interaction with an inmate population, which includes males/females of all backgrounds and ages. Working here I have learned a lot about the criminal justice system as well as how to deal with different attitudes of inmates and staff. I believe the culture of the company has changed because of the changes in management over the years. I've noticed that the staff morale is really low, which contributes to the high employee turnover rate and I believe management should communicate and interact more with staff to bring some resolve to this issue. What I enjoy most about the job is being able to help others, especially those who have committed crimes are re-entering into the communities that we live in. Maybe if they see that someone cares, other than their family members, then maybe they will want to do better to become productive members of society.
Kintock is a community corrections facility no ping pong tables for employees
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2018
The Kintock Group was an excellent facility and meet it goals rehabilitating individuals who where released from state correctional institutes and required assistance re entering society as useful citizens.
Pros
Able to help others meet and exceed their goals
Cons
long unflexible work hours

Want to know more about The Kintock Group?

Ask a question
not for the ppl
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 15, 2017
if u have a heart for the people and actually want to change the lives of criminals this place is not for u. they dont give the inmates the chance to better their lives and the living conditions are unhumanic
always busy not alot of fun
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2017
Kintock is a great Job I learned a lot of things I have a lot of experience but I chose A CJ degree that's the kind of career I want to be something in law enforcement
Pros
you can learn alot
Cons
Management could be alot better
Good place to get your start
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 15, 2017
Not a career move, low, not appreciated by management. Modern day slavery. Your dealing with grown children. It's a good start if you cant find something else. Looks good on your resume if you're fresh out of college.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
low paycheck
Kintock
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 3, 2017
I love the work it was fast paced, there was something to do most of the time it was fun, the hours were a little hard i have children. While i was pregant some mangers would make me stand for another eight hour shift it was unbearable they had favortisim with my co workers.
Fun and productive work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 24, 2017
Transport residents to appointments, sign residents in and out of the facility. Ensure facility is secure and safe. Conduct regular counts during every shift to ensure all residents are accounted for.
Pros
Overtime pay and paid vacation
Cons
24 hour operation
Coworkers were not friendly or kind
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 23, 2017
Supervisors were kind and helpful. No high school diploma was required so some co workers didnt understand compassion or respect. l did not like being responsible over people. They were capable of making there own decisions.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
I didnt learn anything from the job.
Rules change everyday.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2017
I started working and it was going okay they have changed supervisors three times within one year. They all come in in trained with new rules that make no sense. They receive no training for the position before they get in it. they are allowed to do any thing because there is no policy or procedure book to follow.
Great team to work for
Employment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJAugust 3, 2017
Loved the job and the people. The biggest problem is to advance within you have to put in your time and also continue your education. It is non-profit so the pay and benefits may not meet everyone's expectations.
good job to work at
Resident Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2017
good place to work I don't have anything bad to say about this job. The workers are good to get along with.I grew, gained better communication skills, and gained a lot of awareness when doing my job.
There is a lot to learn
Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2017
Access to input information into Secure Manage Data Entry System, Assist Case Managers with Discharge Summaries
Verify passes for residents to leave facility, Answer accountability, client, and agency calls
Assist Case Managers with Bi-weekly and Home Plan information for residents
File and organize paperwork from Department of Corrections
Performed all clerical duties including but not limited to typing, data entry, filing, faxing, Obtain Urine Analysis results
Pros
See for yourself
Cons
see for yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Kintock Group. Our community is ready to answer.