The Kooples Employee Reviews

The worst company to work for, by far!
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2019
The Kooples has had it's challenges with revenue within the last year. Specifically because corporate makes poor decisions and doesn't understand retail stores and how they are ran, pres especially. Store teammates provide constant feedback, requests and recommendations but they are poorly received. Buys are terrible, price points aren't worth the product. Corporate team treats store members like straight garbage. The company has HUGE turnover. No one ever lasts. Management tries to run their stores as best as possible but once someone in corporate feels intimidated or as though store management is challenging them, it becomes personal and managers then get reprimanded. Corporate also has a lot of favoritism. Corporate members who work hard to improve the business at retail stores gets the short end of the stick, meanwhile the inexperienced gets promoted. Additionally, they're good for setting people up to get fired. I've seen this numerous times during my short time with the company. And this comes from the top of the chain of the U.S corporate team. The online orders process and customer service suck! The Kooples doesn't own their warehouse so the employees there don't care. Complaints and issues are then brought to stores' attention where the store team has to deal with such issues. The culture is sad and despicable! Not to mention the issues of racism and ethnicity. I've had a number of opportunities to avoid working at the Kooples and ignored the red flags. Don't make the same mistake I did. This company is not worth working for. Look elsewhere!
Make the best of it
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2019
Slow paced most days.. Crazy use of plastic.. Fun to sell mens apparel because I believed in the product, but womens was difficult in 2015-2016 because the seasons were odd, people didn't respond well to the products and I couldn't blame them
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Management was super friendly and nice. I really enjoyed working for The Kooples. The sales goals were reasonable. The sales commission could've been better, however it wasn't bad.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
They don't have many stores in America
productive and fun with a great atmosphere
Sale Associate (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  ParisDecember 25, 2018
wake up early get prepared. Make sure everything is on place. Reorganize the store. Ready to perform, Open the door and start welcoming customer and assist them, help them with the smile. Make sure they are happy with theirs choices and sale, sale and sale!
I learned everyday something new with the customer, their behaviors and also just the all experience.
so far so good very understand , they know what they doing and the work ambiance is fun and productive.
Very nice and cool place to perform and progress.
maybe when its busy it can get a lil tricky also you can get overwhelmed but always stay positive and keep your calm.
its fun to do what you love everyday and be passionate about it and also make the customers happy!
Pros
free food on event
Cons
healthcare
Fun work environment but has a lot of growing to do
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2018
They promised uniforms at the beginning of the job and no one received them until 10 months after I was hired. Luckily the area manager understood, and allowed us to wear personal clothes that were still on brand. The clientele were hard to deal with, they were very pushy and seemed alway be looking for the deals even though it's a lux brand and we rarely have discounts.
Pros
great discount
Cons
low pay for entitled clients and hard to get time off
The Kooples USA sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Pros
discounts
Cons
boring
Friendly coworkers at the location I worked at
Part-time to Full-time (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CADecember 2, 2017
Loved my coworkers and my managers, they were super chill.
However the company/headquarter sets unrealistic goal for some locations when their style doesn’t look appealing or comes in cheap quality .
Pros
Friendly staffs
Cons
Unrealistic sales goal
High end UK Designer
Sales Associate and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 28, 2017
Associate must have a passion for fashion, organizational skills, customer service skills. Maintain sales floor and assist with styling. Associate should enjoy working in boutique setting.
horrible structure
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 10, 2017
The company was only 5 years old in the us. i worked with out a store manager an operations as well as a visual team. any part of management or running the store from stock to visual to scheduling as well as PR. was all done by me . I was there from 6 am to 10 pm. my days off was only counted as half days, i consistently had to come in on every day off.
Do not work here
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Horrible management, no communication, little pay, over work, understaffed, favoritism, no real benefits, corporate is rude, clothing isn't good quality.
Pros
No pros
Horrible work place corporate does not care about its employees.
Sales Associate / Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2017
Worked for the company for a couple of month was told when I started that this company was known for people dropping like fly because of the lack of care and compassion for the people dealing with there nonsense . Was hired for stock and was all over the place doing 5 different jobs with no thanks . Company could burn for all I care .
Pros
Cons
Just don't do it .
Too Many Chiefs and not enough Indians
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 1, 2017
The managers have no respect for regular employees plus managers outnumber the sales team. Their are only 3 sales associates and at one point there were 4 managers. This company doesn't really give a care about their employees. Sees everyone as replaceable and doesn't reward hard workers without getting something in return. It's an okay good for someone starting off to gain experience but not for long term as this company has no loyalty.
Pros
Free clothes, allotment
Cons
Boring asf, and doesnt care about employees at all
Fun culture
Wholesale Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Clients and brand DNA make the job exciting. Great opportunity for a more junior retail role. Company is becoming more defined and larger and as an end result they are obtaining better personnel, procedures, and policies.
Pros
Brand DNA
Cons
Work Life balance
Quiet Retail Environment
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2016
This store is situated on Fillmore street which is relatively quiet traffic wise. You, on a typical day, will task mostly helping customers in between those tasks. The environment is laid back and you will get to know the locals relatively quickly.
My experience working at The Kooples
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2015
A typical day at The Kooples is opening the store which involves cleaning, opening the registers and checking the emails. Throughout the day I would process shipment,maintain the cleanliness of the store, help customers and process store to door orders. The Kooples I work at is inside a department store (Bloomingdales) so I learned that I had to have knowledge on other products other then just what I was hired to sell. Because even though I wasn't a Bloomingdales employee I was obligated to still help that customer with whatever they needed to make them happy. My co-workers were great, it was awesome to see everyone work as a team even though its a commission based environment. The hardest part of the job was keeping control of who sold kooples items The Kooples employees verses the Bloomingdales employees. What I enjoy most about working there is that the Beverly Center mall is a tourist attraction,so you meet so many people from around the world.
Pros
Wide variety of snacks for $1 in break room.
Cons
Have to wear all black
High energy selling environment involving team selling in a welcoming atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Meat Packing District, NYOctober 26, 2015
I worked in Meatpacking NYC area which is a very trendy part of town. Although we had a big store, we were shopped like a boutique and received modest footfall. Regardless, something was always being done by the team and myself to support the front and back of the house. When not assisting clients, tasks were managed to ensure a smooth workflow. I've learned throughout my management career that a good manager wears many "hats" and needs to swap them around continuously to ensure all facets of the business are equally addressed. My co-workers have been and always should be extensions of my own self with the same goals in mind and i have always been able to rally a team around these goals. The hardest part of my job would be continuing to challenge myself to think outside of the box to try and drive new success. Constantly pushing the envelope and squeezing out more results wherever i can. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my supervisors are content with my leadership and ability to provide results when challenged. Building a team of people who can work together efficiently and creating an energetic and stimulating work environment for all who enter my shop.
Pros
Great customers, great merchandise, upcoming brand
Cons
little infrastructure
Productive, fashion savvy environment, many people in the entertain industry.
Full­Time Stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaOctober 2, 2015
A very fun, exciting work place with many creative and fashion savvy customers and employees. It can be fast or slow paced depending on the season. I had a solid management team that was very supportive and helpful. I learned about what true quality of clothing is. I learned more about visual merchandising and the fabrics, product knowledge, and brand knowledge. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and building relationships with clients.
Pros
clothing allowance, styling and meeting new people in entertainment.
Productive workplace that enhances commuincation and styling skills.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkJune 25, 2015
I engage with several individuals on a daily basis, which has allowed me to develop strong communication skills. My management is extremely helpful and cares for my opinion, taking them into consideration when asked.
a typical day at work
Stock Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beverly HillsOctober 9, 2014
Productive with a lot of self time management between myself and projects. My coworkers are very helpful. The part I enjoy most about my job and position is being able to make things easier on my coworkers to help out our customers
New Company to America
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2014
I was the first employee for The Kooples when they moved to America. I was introducing the brand and showing customers product knowledge, getting their feedback and sending it to the company headquarters in Paris nightly. I sold over $1 million in my first year there but didn't feel the company gave me any recognition for it. The clothes were a challenging sale, but since I was paid via commission, the job had to get done!